Moonspear 'cause they got powers and stuff
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra could guess at the former, given Ying's gifts—and she had deduced the latter. Then Ying lapsed into another language—one that struck Hydra as exceptionally familiar, and yet altogether different. Her mother had spoken to her often enough in her own mother-tongue that Hydra could understand, and even speak to a small degree, the words Amekaze said when telling stories. Her own instruction had been through listening and repeating, though the frequency of such conversations was not so much as for Hydra to be an expert in it by any means. 

She understood one word well enough that Ying had said, though—for it was used in a variety of her own mothers stories and made sense in context of Hydra's own question of who the other was—and with a slight tilt of her head, Hydra inquired: guardian? Ying had already called herself a protector, so it translated there too—but it seemed she was trying to say something else, add to it. Such a word was one Amekaze utilized frequently in stories of her own familial history. 

Who did Hydra call family? The Ostregas, she drawled, as well as those brought into our family through our unions, for those mated to them were family after all, fathers or mothers to future Ostregas... naturally, their children too... and Moonspear. I protect the Wilderness for them, she drawled. For their futures. For what would surely come to be. Hydra did not protect it alone; her family fought with her. All of those that she claimed. She considered @Valette family by proxy, a mother-in-law to her as well as Alya; the branches of her own family-tree were wide spread and sprawling. @Towhee too was her family; her sister-in-arms. Hydra considered the girl partially Ostrega for it, within her own mind, and so her definition included the warrior in it. 

Hydra shifted her weight and told of herself. I am a sister. I am a wife. I am a fighter, a protector, and I am a provider. I am a Queen. I am a mother, she drawled, not without some measure of pride in her voice; for in her lifetime, she had accomplished so much. Hydra knew that even for all of that, she had so much more to do. And she would do it—for her family. With them, there was nothing they could not do. Her children, each of them, were growing stronger by the day—she was many other things, too... but one thing she was not was boastful. She thought of her family as she looked to Ying; with the season upon them, it was not impossible to think she herself could be among those Hydra claimed as family. 

An Ostrega herself. 

Her ears pricked forward. Are you a mother? A wife? Came her questions, innocent in their delivery; Hydra had just revealed this about herself, after all. It was not farfetched for her to wonder if they had this in common with all else that they shared.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
'cause they got powers and stuff - by Ying - February 25, 2020, 07:36 PM
RE: 'cause they got powers and stuff - by Hydra - February 26, 2020, 09:57 AM
RE: 'cause they got powers and stuff - by Ying - February 26, 2020, 10:37 AM
RE: 'cause they got powers and stuff - by Hydra - February 26, 2020, 10:56 AM
RE: 'cause they got powers and stuff - by Ying - February 26, 2020, 11:14 AM
RE: 'cause they got powers and stuff - by Hydra - February 26, 2020, 12:21 PM
RE: 'cause they got powers and stuff - by Ying - February 26, 2020, 12:50 PM
RE: 'cause they got powers and stuff - by Hydra - February 26, 2020, 01:22 PM
RE: 'cause they got powers and stuff - by Ying - February 26, 2020, 01:42 PM
RE: 'cause they got powers and stuff - by Hydra - February 26, 2020, 06:19 PM