Firefly Glen Monster in Disguise
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
None save for those that knew Hydra best of all—those that shared the womb in the same sac as her—would have ever seen the imperceptible shift in her attention as a name was shared. After all this time, just as Hydra had wanted, the enemy had been delivered all but to her doorstep. All she had needed to do was wait, and she had the patience to do so. It was worth it, now. And they did not even know, she imagined, that Nyra despised their own ally; if she made it no mystery to her, then how could Donovan not know? Or perhaps Nyra felt comfortable here with her then and there. Safe. 

She was absolutely not. Nyra had unwittingly found herself between a rock, and a hard place. Which one between the two was Hydra remained to be seen. But Nyra had granted her with a wealth of knowledge, and that... that meant something to the matriarch. And, it seemed they had a common enemy. That meant something, too. But was she serious, or was it simply a ploy to gain knowledge herself? Hard to tell, but this was yet another thing Hydra hoped time would reveal to her.

Ahh, she drawled, that would be nice for you, would it not? To be able to decapitate her. Though I am sure your own leader would not approve. Who does he care more for, I wonder? His allies, or his subordinates? Hydra licked her chops. Let me share something with you, Nyra. Numbers mean nothing. Loyalty, everything. I only hope your Donovan would aid you in your own endeavors and risk his own neck for you just as you do for him, here and now. I ought to kill you, she snarled, muzzle wrinkling. And everything about her person, then and there, suggested that she would as her hackles lifted, one by one, and the row of her teeth were granted the light of day. Not even the slanting rain could reduce the contrast of their terrible white (the tips of her canines stained from their consistent use with red) flush beneath the charcoal black of the lines of her lip, the dark of her gums.

But she sheathed them quickly enough, taking a breath as she thought for a moment. Quiet for that beat, Hydra determined, but for my final act of kindness toward you, I shall spare you once more. However, she rumbled coldly, should you ever return to my Glen again, or me and mine find you within my Wilderness... it will be for the last time. Now, leave, she commanded, brooking no argument, before I change my mind. Hydra trusted her enough to value the skin on her back, but that was the extent of it.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
Monster in Disguise - by RIP Fury - August 26, 2020, 03:46 PM
RE: Monster in Disguise - by Hydra - August 26, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: Monster in Disguise - by RIP Fury - August 26, 2020, 05:03 PM
RE: Monster in Disguise - by RIP Bronco - August 26, 2020, 08:22 PM
RE: Monster in Disguise - by Keres - August 27, 2020, 02:53 PM
RE: Monster in Disguise - by Hydra - August 27, 2020, 05:57 PM
RE: Monster in Disguise - by RIP Fury - August 27, 2020, 06:52 PM
RE: Monster in Disguise - by RIP Bronco - August 28, 2020, 08:30 PM
RE: Monster in Disguise - by Keres - August 29, 2020, 10:13 PM
RE: Monster in Disguise - by Hydra - September 01, 2020, 08:23 PM