Neverwinter Forest you ask me what I'm thinking about, I'll tell you what I'm thinking about
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra looked to Vallkyrie. No, she drawled, not yet. She is not a good spy, she echoed the sentiment of Keres, for the Saints. But if all she did say is true, then we have unwittingly gained something, and someone, of use. Not that she will return here, she considered, speaking of the Wilderness, if she truly does value her life. But, despite the alliance the Saints and Ursus has... I feel as though it is quite tentative, with her hatred of them. Most of all, I wanted to give them no reason to truly unite, a tactical move, from her own end. Hydra wanted to see what might unfold, if anything. Was Nyra's hatred true, or was it a lie to remain alive and spread misinformation? 

She intended to find out, and find out she would. 

That, and they were seeking information on you and yours, her gaze panned to Mal, and I wanted them to gain no information to that end, either, including of our rapport. Better they not plan for any advantage you may have over them, she hummed. It would be far easier to be rid of the pests should they be unaware so that they might not hide in any holes, as Blackfeather Woods had once done when made aware that they were being hunted. Hydra listened now to Mal, who explained they had done no wrongs to the Saints as far as he was aware of, and they had no direct connections to them. 

Here Hydra glanced to Bronco, her own point made. If permitted the lay of the land, those that she sought to bring an end to would do as they wished simply because they could, not for any rights or wrongs. 

And then she looked back to Mal again, once he had quieted. Whatever the reason, she hummed, you have gained the attention of the Saints. Which might prove useful, believe it or not, she drawled, eyes bright. I have been thinking. How do we be rid of wolves such as these? We could, knowing now where they live, gather a force large enough to take them on, remove them from where they feel safe... though leaving our own territory would leave our homes vulnerable. That, and they know the lay of their own lands. And what, short of killing them all, would stop them from reform? Our advantage is here—the only one we may have there is some element of surprise, she drawled, but even that is no sure thing. Oh, I imagine we might be able to kill three or four among them, out there, she considered, but hardly enough for it to be over... 

She paused, thinking. I think, she hummed, the most important wolves to be removed in this equation would be their leaders. But going to them... it is hard to find wisdom in this. We know that these Saints are looking for information on you and yours, whatever the reason. Having learned nothing from us, they will surely want to return when they imagine it is safe. Hydra considered this for a moment, looking from one face to the next. Letting the she-wolf live surely provided them with the thought that I am a woman of mercy. It was a calculated, and tactical, move. All knew she was no such thing when her family was at risk, and she did not take the threat of the Saints and what they stood for lightly. And believing that the Saints, at least, might come, they could be prepared for that. Prepared for allies too, if Ursus and Saints bond stood the test of time and tempers. 

There was no lesser of two evils here, only evil. Ursus, Saint—she would see them both gone, if she had her way. 

Moonspear has grown in number, and we intend to have no further incidents within the Glen, in time. I wonder if you might have a similar desire to my own, to keep these mongrels away from those we protect, to the point of us calling upon one another when they are near. Would you fight with us, to remove Saint and Ursus alike from the Wilderness? she inquired, with a lash of her tail. The more teeth, the better their odds—and Hydra's mind intended to add more than just the number she carried behind her, and Mal, too. 

From the coast to the mountains, Hydra would cast shadow into light to obliterate the traces of darkness they sought to spread.

Burn them all.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: you ask me what I'm thinking about, I'll tell you what I'm thinking about - by Hydra - October 12, 2020, 04:39 PM