Moonspear The future in my heart
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The request gave her pause, and Hydra stopped to turn and regard Keres. Would this be the last time Hydra ever saw the woman? Living, breathing? Such a stark difference, here and now, to their first meet. Keres had never before looked fragile to the matriarch even despite her months of traveling by herself. No, Hydra saw only promise there. Somehow, even now she saw it there. The promise of something. Their souls, connected through eternity. 

As Keres breathed her confessions, Hydra found it in her to meet the woman. Do not speak this way, Hydra commanded, voice thick with emotion, as though this is the last time we will ever see one another. Save your breath, sister, she hummed, I will see you again. The words were her own truth; Hydra saw her mother, her father, in dreams. She knew she would see Keres there too; if there was an afterlife, Keres would find it. Hydra pressed her forehead against her sister, thinking, hoping, look for me there. Keres would always know where to find the matriarch before then. 

The approach of another next; Kukutux first looked to as she saw, then, the small seeds meant to be an offering. Hydra knew Keres would not take to this way of passing, and pressed against her sister. And after, looking over her shoulder, Hydra saw Conquest there. Relief was apparent as she pressed against the girl, safe and sound and home; she thought of her other daughter, @Mira and fleetingly, @Mintaka.  Looking to Kukutux, Hydra hummed, the children. Tell them what is happening, and keep them safe from harm, Conquest had already been exposed to it, and so Hydra had in mind for her one of lifes more awful lessons. Again it sprung to mind, and now it lingered. Were Mira here, Hydra would have her observe this terrible lesson of life and love. 

Hydra would be teacher, then, to Conquest. Being a Queen was not solely about the decorations that came with it; it was the bloodshed they would see. The comrades they might yet outlive. Hydra gestured to her side, and spoke to Keres and Conquest both. A seed is nowhere near swift enough now, and I will not see you suffer. Tell me you are ready, sister, she drawled, and then looked to Conquest, and Conquest and I shall see you safely through to your next journey. The telling of this would be terrible; how was it that these were the deeds others sang of when speaking of legends? 

Hydra would immortalize Keres in a different light. Her gaze turned back to her sister now; she would not turn nor look away this time. I am here. She always would be.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
The future in my heart - by Keres - January 13, 2021, 02:15 PM
RE: The future in my heart - by Kukutux - January 14, 2021, 02:16 AM
RE: The future in my heart - by Hydra - January 14, 2021, 11:23 PM
RE: The future in my heart - by Keres - January 15, 2021, 12:33 AM
RE: The future in my heart - by Antares - January 15, 2021, 01:49 AM
RE: The future in my heart - by Kukutux - January 15, 2021, 03:07 PM
RE: The future in my heart - by Conquest - January 16, 2021, 06:20 PM
RE: The future in my heart - by Hydra - January 18, 2021, 11:54 PM