Moonspear your love will always be rooted deeper than any grave, ii
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Hydra, physically, was healing well and healing swiftly. 

But there was a dark shadow within her gaze now that had taken residency there; she felt it stretch and loom within her far greater than the heights of Moonspear had darkened the doorstep of so many others. Who knew how long it would linger? Hydra both hated and embraced the pain; to feel it made her feel as though those who had left her, who had been ripped from her life, were somehow still here. How could she ensure these wolves were never forgotten? 

She would murmur stories to her children nightly, and to any who might listen—Saviguk, perhaps, or Sialuk. The story was one of truth; nature, both a great and terrible thing. The might of the lonesome bear whos wrath had awoken it one fateful Winter, but the greater power of the pack of wolves that had come together to bring it to its knees. Desdemona; Keres; Toad; West; Leta; Conquest; Polaris; Osiris, her son—heroes until the end, dying to protect their own...

All of the sudden, Hydra felt her sisters alongside her. She exhaled a heavy breath. 

Not you. Never you. 

And she closed her eyes, moving forward, thinking—reflecting. So much had been gained in her lifetime, and so much had been lost. Which was more? Which was less? Did it matter in the strange sequence of events that life had orchestrated? A mother should not outlive her children, she breathed wearily to her sisters. But she knew their thoughts; you must outlast all of the rest, and she knew their reason for thinking it, too. 

There was no life without Lyra, without Alya; she opened her eyes and looked left, looked right. Since utero, it had always been the three of them. Until the end, Hydra was aware that it would be this way. Equally aware, too, that she would fight like Hell for all of the rest that remained. That would come. 

She thought then of Dirge. Of time. His patience; her patience; Hydra did not know what she had imagined, but life had exceeded all of that with him. Thanks to him, perhaps. And he too had lost a child; together they had rest in quiet, trying to sleep but unable to for the horrors of what had transpired until even they could not win the battle against it. She loved him fiercely, dearly. 

Her mind rifled through those she loved, those she had lost—even before Osiris. Arcturus, Revui. Death had taken one, and life had stolen the other... but the anger in her heart for it all fizzled. The passing of her son seemed to curb any old resentments toward those that were her blood, at least; they would not know it, neither of them—and be that because she would never speak it or because one was dead and the other would never return, who was to know? Who would ever tell? 

But for those that had died that harbored the full breadth of her love... Hydra would immortalize them. They would breathe in stories, and the thought warmed her. Toward her living children Hydra moved; her nieces, her nephew, her sons and daughters. The thought brought her peace. West, Polaris, Toad, Desdemona, Keres, Tehama, and all the rest would live on this way. A wink of light in the sky, and Hydra looked upward; a colossal object came then, aflame and with such speed now that Hydra knew nothing of fear or anger or even confusion as it collided somewhere near the path of she and her sisters. 

Peace was the last thing the matriarch knew, as Moonspear and the weight of it crumbled into the Valley below—and darkness as the world raged on. 

This was incredibly difficult to write, but Hydra's journey here has finally come to an end. I do not have the time I once did to commit to leadership or writing in general with my new career and also trying to figure out my lifes next steps; after a long discussion with leadership (past & present) FFG/MSP will both be disbanding as per this post. Permission to powerplay PPC's fully granted by their players. Vague mention of others who I have touched base with (buppies) about this. I leave extent of damage up to CM's; I have rendered the opposing face of MSP (toward the Glen) pretty messed up to the point of inability to make sense of the longstanding pack shifting; it is my hope to see some of the beautiful pack ideas flourish and come to life, or else for those who would like to reshape and continue the legacy to do so however they wish. Anyone can be walking with Hydra, though I was given control of the characters mentioned in this post <3 Whether this is cataclysmic or not I leave to the CMs, but I imagine at the very least there might be some damage reaching some of FG in my own head to cause disruption there. Writing Hydra here has been a privilege and a joy. To everyone I have played and written with... thank you SO much. This was the only way I could see her going, and felt like a good temporary end to my own writing, so ending it with a bit of a bang <3 Now Hydra and I can both rest for a while! 
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
your love will always be rooted deeper than any grave, ii - by Hydra - February 16, 2021, 10:03 PM