Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Fairy blue, it is only for you that I would crush the stars
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,444 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She could have laughed then, but she didn't. He still didn't understand. He still didn't get it, even after she'd told him in a million different ways.
He could be her world to explore, if only he would let it be so.
Her heart was in her throat as he spoke of marriage. Marriage is forever, she thought, uncertain if her sudden nausea was joy or terror. Forever, forever, forever — and children were too, but not in a way that meant she would have to learn to be a wife. She had been certain that she wanted it once, not very long ago at all. Now she didn't know, not because she doubted her love for Lestan but because she doubted their ability to be happy together. But that wasn't something that would be fixed in a day, or even a week.
And this would not wait.
So she reached for something that she knew to be true. Do you remember when I said that I'd love you forever, if that's what you want? Nearly a whisper, all she could manage through the emotion thick in her throat. She stepped closer, seeking to close the distance between them. Marriage is forever, isn't it? And she smiled then, a raw smile full of a wounded sort of love and a tentative hope.
They hadn't fixed anything, but Reverie couldn't help but reach for the comfort of yet another promise she wouldn't be able to trust.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] Fairy blue, it is only for you that I would crush the stars - by Reverie - March 18, 2023, 05:44 PM