Swiftcurrent Creek Promise in the dark you'll be my nightlight
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,426 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Note: this thread is going to be taking place on the date it receives a reply, so currently it doesn't exist icly LOL
Reverie dreamed of her brother, and so many gilded feathers.
She dreamed of his voice, the song he'd sung for her that day in the valley. She dreamed of dancing for him, dancing forever, until the light faded from the world for the last time and it was only them. So when she woke to the sight of a familiar golden bird;
What could she do but follow?
Reverie was careful this time; in broad daylight anyone might see her pursuit, and so she wound her way through the Creek at a steady pace. And she thought of The Gilded Sea. She wondered if it would ever leave her, or if she would pass this curse to her own children. The newest generation, those she had been raised to guide and protect, except they were not supposed to be hers. And she had not realized she would need to protect them from herself.
She let out a little gasp, gripped by a sharp pain through her belly, but she did not stop. The bird was flitting further away, and she caught fewer glimpses of it through the trees. Reverie knew she could not let it slip away. There was a familiar scent on the wind, something she ached to recognize here of all places, now of all times. But she needed him, didn't she?
She needed him more than she ever had, and of all of them, she thought that he perhaps had the best chance of really being what she needed. When the golden object of her pursuit slipped through the trees and past the border and into nothingness, and Reverie found at the end of it all a brother she'd left and a love she'd discarded and a breathless hope in her throat, she realized she knew what it meant.
@Everett, She stepped forward and wrapped him in her embrace, and promised herself that she would never let go again.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
Promise in the dark you'll be my nightlight - by Reverie - March 19, 2023, 07:00 AM