Stavanger Bay I get caught up in your heart-strings
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,426 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Anyone is welcome!
Reverie was not a creature made for languishing. In The Gilded Sea she had become accustomed to existing in a constant flurry of activity, and she had never really let go of that habit. Even if she wasn't being productive, necessarily, she was still usually doing something. She'd never thought anything would slow her down, not ever.
Well, it was a pretty thought, but not at all the reality of her situation. The reality was:
Bed rest. Boredom. The itching feeling of being useless, worthless, a burden — it was maddening, even after a short time. Against her better judgment, Reverie began to plan out a trip away from the Bay, for when she was better. Surely she would get better.
But that only made her more restless, and eventually she found herself feeling a little resentful. If only she didn't have Lestan and Blossom to think of, she wouldn't have to be so careful. She didn't want to be careful. She wanted to stand in the water and let it wash over her, she wanted to dance in the waves, she wanted —
To slip away when Lestan was not paying attention, which was exactly what she did. Reverie didn't get very far, though. She was still within sight of their resting place when she found herself dizzied, forced to stop, and that frustrated her beyond words. So, in true toddler fashion, she plopped down and started to cry.
At least Blossom would be in good company as she aged.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
I get caught up in your heart-strings - by Reverie - May 23, 2023, 06:15 PM