Moonspear All the attention should be on me.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
All Welcome 
AW! :3

Vela thrived on the attention of her father. With her curious mind always thinking of questions of how things worked she could always ask her father. It came in handy if her thirst for knowledge needed to be quenched. But with Galaxy falling down a crack her father didn't have time for her as much as he used to. Most of the pack members were amazed at this her sister's survival. Vela couldn't be bothered. Sure, in a way she was glad that her sister was still here. But maybe it had been better to have her be gone so she would have all daddy's attention. What was so special about her that she hadn't?! Galaxy always had been a dreamer and weirdo in her eyes.

The female was torn between wanting to prove herself that she was better than her damn sister so the attention would get back to her, or be staying in the background like she had done the last few weeks. She disliked that no one paid attention to her. The female climbed the mountain higher as the beautiful views opened up before her. A brooding expression on her face. Perhaps the skies could help her figure this out.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra cared for each of her siblings, preferring none except perhaps for Jarilo, who was the most likely to become her apprentice. And although she was often busy with her duties and her favorite sisters, Hydra did sometimes make time for the others when she noted a new path of theirs.

Today, Vela was going up. Hydra's path happened to be intersecting with hers, and so the aspiring tracker followed her sisters trail mutely.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela's ear twitched when she heard someone approaching. She turned her head to see who was approaching. The visual didn't tell her much as first. One of the triplets. Though by the way she was walking Vela could tell it was the more dominant one. The one leading with mom and dad.

The pale girl turned her head away from the approaching wolf to glance again at the view before her. She didn't think that her older sister had any business with her anyhow. She seemed pretty busy with leading the pack. Then Vela wondered if she would help with leading the pack one day. Would that mean she would get more of daddy's attention?
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Vela looked to her, Hydra's tail waved slowly—and when Vela looked away, disinterested, Hydra very nearly felt offended. Then she recalled that both Galaxy and Vela were far more airheaded than Jarilo, and though they perhaps had more luck at succeeding than KJ it was something to be kept in mind. Hydra wanted the whole of the Ostrega clan to be close and to take over the valley, but achieving it with her younger siblings this year (with the exception of her brother) was, well, unlikely. She loved them anyway, mostly on principle.

Hydra moved to stand alongside Vela and stare at the same horizon her sister did. Hydra moved to attempt to nip her flank lightly in a show of affection before asking, Got a lot on your mind?
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
The time had come and he had started to scale the mountain. It started off in relative ease, a gentle rise that was lined with various timber and stones. They were dusted with snow, sun and wind-kissed with time of an untold age. But soon he had cleared the height of the sloping woodland and the bird's eye view of the world as he knew it revealed itself. For the longest time, he was content to sit and take it in, perched on a precarious ledge that would one day wither and crumble downward. For now it was an appropriate point of rest, though he was hardly fatigued. It had been a long time since he had scaled and snaked through a mountain, the last of which he thought he had crossed with his sisters in a late spring thaw. They had crossed rivers and floodplains alike before they had swelled with water... and the rest was history.

Dirge reminisced on these good times briefly; pebbles had come skittering down as a dark streak crossed snowy stones overhead of him. He caught only a glimmer of her svelte form—Hydra. His interest piqued, the grand view no longer considered, and he rose to follow her. It was at length that he trailed behind, for when he had reached the elevation she had been on her dark form had disappeared either upwards or around a minute bend. But the tracks were there and out of curiosity, he sought his opportunity to finally do the dropping in on her that she so favored to do to him. He jogged along intentionally to take his time—there'd be no grand entrance if he found she was locked in some important meeting that did not require him. No, he'd try to stay out of those affairs for now, unless they required him.

And when he did stumble upon her, she was in the company of another. Lean and distinctly feminine, she was the polar opposite to the darkly coated Princess by appearance alone. What the connection was, he didn't see immediately, but the dashing of freckles along her profile gave him more than enough reason to slow his approach further. This must have been one of the sisters Hydra had spoken of. With a chuff to the familiar of the two, Dirge curtailed his steps with an inquisitive expression; he waited for an invitation, out of respect. Perhaps this qualified as important business and as it were, he didn't desire seeing Hydra turn on him.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela didn't expect from Hydra that she would sit next to her. She usually seemed so busy, too busy. The young girl shifted when she was affectionately nipped by her bigger sister. Vela's speckled face glanced at her for a moment after Hydra asked her a question. "Yes," she returned shortly. There was a lot on her mind, plotting, and planning.

The young girl then noticed that she wasn't alone with her sister. There was someone else. Did she know this male? Vela's dark blue eyes scanned over him as she glanced over her shoulder. She frowned lightly unsure what to expect from the agouti colored male. "Do you know him?," she asked her sister.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her sister answered quickly enough, and Hydra was swift to prompt: go on, tell me more, before she heard the approach of another, and then a chuff. Her eyes fell upon the handsome visage of Dirge, and her spirits lifted immediately. Vela was already providing to be a bit dry today, and so she was not upset at all to see his face. Her ear twitched at her sisters inquiry. I do, she responded, glancing to the freckled doppelganger of their father, before her attention turned to the tawny male before them.

Vela, this is Dirge. He has recently joined our ranks. Dirge, this is Vela, my sister. she introduced. Join us, Hydra invited. His getting to know the Ostrega clan would only be to his benefit, after all.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
When a pair of blue eyes flashed over Hydra to peer at him, he decided that the girl was more than just a sibling—she may as have been Charon's carbon copy. It was a broed thing before Hydra laid eyes on him and at her request, he moved in to join the pair with a merry swing of his tail. Introductions were done for him, of which he did not mind, and the flicker of a friendly smile came to split his face.

"What luck I have to find another of your family," he said, his gaze turning to Hydra. It turned out the view from there, which was stunning in its own right. "And a lovely view to mark the occasion." This climb was turning out to be favorable so far; he spared a thought as to why he had even waited.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela glanced at her sister when she inquired for more information. The teenager didn't get a chance to tell more as the other wolf was introduced and invited to sit with them. The young princess glanced over the newcomer and gave a nod in welcome. She was not sure what to think of this Dirge. Her dark blue eyes looked skeptical at the male for a moment. The female then glanced at the view which she already knew to be beautiful.

The female stayed silent. She didn't feel like confining her own thoughts with this male sitting around. Any bonding moment she could have with her sister felt broken with the arrival of the male. She kept her gaze on the view, the world that lay at her feet.