Moonspear A bug in the system
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I know, Hydra said with a sigh, I was hoping you could convince me otherwise. I would rather not... she did not continue. This was his brother, after all, and she had some tact. Not only that, but she liked Gannet. I hate to think it. I just do not know what else to think. There she is, dead—there he is, running. If he had called, Hydra breathed, if he hadn't done it, and he had called—she might still be alive. The words pained her to say because she believed them—and now, they would never know. Galaxy had been good, even if she was not good for much. Her heart was pure and she was an Ostrega and like their father, she loved the stars. She was pure like Korei Julia, who, truth be told, Hydra did love in her way; she did not deserve to die. Hydra looked to Gannet, hoping he could give her some kind of answer—this was his brother, after all—when the sound of an approacher came. 

It was Liffey who entered. The concern here was for Gannet, and Gannet alone—it was not, nor had it been, for any of the wolves of Moonspear. Had it ever been? Hydra did not mind it—it was only a matter of time before she left, dead weight that she was. There were days Hydra wanted to believe Liffey was a decent wolf, but here and now it was confirmed it was not the case. 

But Hydra had not the energy to muster up anger today. Her sister was dead and avenged, and so was her grievance with Liffey—sparing Vaati had been just that. Hydra wondered if she ought to regret it now; she had no time to think and acted selfishly in sparing him, not even considering how deep his role in this plot could be. She would find out. If truly he did not, then their score was still what it was—settled. 

The Beta greeted Liffey with a hey, Liffey, and, noting Gannet's lightened mood, she smiled halfheartedly. Their previous conversation had been too sobering for her to be too happy, and not only this, but he was happy about this girl. Well, they had been childhood friends, hadn't they? The details were a bit of a blur. Careful—mind his leg, she murmured, it's broken. She cast Gannet a look that was borderline apologetic; but, well, he had come for her. What did he expect would happen at their borders? Still, she bore him no resentment for it clearly.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
A bug in the system - by Gannet - December 29, 2017, 04:41 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Hydra - December 29, 2017, 04:48 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Gannet - December 29, 2017, 05:16 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Hydra - December 29, 2017, 06:00 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Gannet - December 29, 2017, 06:14 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Hydra - December 29, 2017, 06:30 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Liffey - December 29, 2017, 06:45 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Gannet - December 29, 2017, 07:01 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Hydra - December 29, 2017, 08:25 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Liffey - January 02, 2018, 06:20 PM