Moonspear A bug in the system
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Liffey regarded her, Hydra was unsure whether or not it was out of pity or true, genuine care. She did not know the Blackthorn all that well, and that was the fault of them both. Still, she decided to believe that the other cared—Galaxy was good. Why another had sought fit to take her, she did not know. Why anyone was desperate to believe that this was not the truth and fight against what witnesses saw, she also was not sure. Korei was naive to think that the other had no part at all in her death. Small teeth or not, he left her there to die. He ran. And if somehow he maneuvered the small-teethed beast to their sister? 

The runaway was guilty. Guilt made him run. What else? 

The typically eloquent Hydra found herself at a loss for words to Liffey's condolences. She looked at her paws for a moment, trying to form some sort of thank-you or words of appreciation, but in her grief she found nothing. Her sister was dead and gone; no apology would make it better. But at the least, Hydra saw that Liffey was making some sort of effort. Hydra looked back to the striped she-wolf and nodded, the gesture earnest. Her voice was strained when she at length tried to verbally agree to the sentiment: She i—...was, is no more. 

As to his own posed question, Hydra's ears pricked. Given that she and him were the same caliber of wolf, she was not offended by his inquiry. She knew he did not mean it in an off-color way. My sisters would not run, she answered at length. I'm certain that even Korei Julia would have called for help. Lyra is a medic; Alya a scout. If they had run, she responded, I would know their guilt, inadvertent or otherwise. And she knew what she would do, then. And so I understand why you did what you did that day. And you understand why we acted as we had, she tilted her head. It seemed they were on the same page as one another. Hydra did not see Gannet, or the Caldera, as the enemy. Though his defense of his brother on their territory was foolish and ought to have been fatal, she had graciously stayed her hand—a courtesy she afforded more than one as of late for an ample amount of reasons.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
A bug in the system - by Gannet - December 29, 2017, 04:41 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Hydra - December 29, 2017, 04:48 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Gannet - December 29, 2017, 05:16 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Hydra - December 29, 2017, 06:00 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Gannet - December 29, 2017, 06:14 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Hydra - December 29, 2017, 06:30 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Liffey - December 29, 2017, 06:45 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Gannet - December 29, 2017, 07:01 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Hydra - December 29, 2017, 08:25 PM
RE: A bug in the system - by Liffey - January 02, 2018, 06:20 PM