Nocturne Summit i just wanna leave tonight
27 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Setting: September 19th at dusk.

The emptiness was the last thing that Miyax expected. There were signs of life everywhere and the hunter felt pride swell within her each time she discovered a trail, or a graze-line, or the old scat of some creature or other. She was not frustrated so much as she was perplexed by the absence of bodies.

Each time Miyax came upon a new scent (whether she was crossing the hills or climbing along the narrow mountain paths) she would keep still and observe the area—but in each instance there was only stillness, only silence. She had not forgotten the shivering earth at all, but it had not linked up in her mind with the clear absence of prey. So she kept on roaming, higher, further, until the air began to thin and the daylight had muddied in to darkness.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra ranged again outside of Moonspear in the search of prey. Her wolves had wrangled a herd there and with a recent successful hunt, she did not fret over their livelihood yet... but things were not as abundant as they were years past, and this strangeness was meant to be explored. Hydra would return home promptly, and ranged only a short ways from Moonspear. 

The Queen discovered many of the same scent trails as Miyax, and others... but like Miyax, they yielded very little by way of results. Unlike Miyax, however, Hydra was connecting the dots—only in this instance had prey become scarce. With a lash of her tail, the Ostrega lifted her head and frowned, gaze studying the horizon for any promising movement. Her nostrils flared as she drank in the scents around her, noting wolf on the wind. This was not strange, in the wilderness, and so Hydra did not concern herself too much with it but to become more alert in case the other was, for one reason or another, an aggressor.

They were not, and Hydra continued on her way, following her nose and finding little evidence of much else in the surrounding territory. Hydra sighed a little, wondering about @Alya's present whereabouts and thinking to ask her if other areas suffered in this same way.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal