Moonspear On and on, we carry through the fears
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
All Welcome 
Backdated to June 1st midday. I also edited the hours so it matches in the threadlog <3
 It had been over a month since the Conquest had been lost and they'd heard and smelled nothing of her. On top of that Clay had brought trouble into his life, trouble in the form of Ursus. There wasn't any way he could ignore how angry it made it him that his totally not boyfriend was attacked in general and then to hear the threats made against his family, innocent people who seemed kind enough....if not mislead by Clay's tendency to run his mouth. Santiago had been attacked by them, new news discovered in a meeting and then when he'd gone to check it out he found himself attacked. An old captive of theirs, someone that he hadn't picked on but in fact fed and talked to while he was in the pit. He'd went for a direct kill and Valour had defended only to be swarmed just as Santiago stated had happened to him. Luckily Clarence had followed or else he'd probably have ended up losing his life but he stuck with the opinion that his presence made it worse, that it made it seem as if he'd come with backup. All of this weighed down the young red Agouti boy....

Then the fuckers took one of their kids and rage was all he could feel anymore. Sure Valium had grown into a egotistical little nuisance but he remembered how he was the same and still softened at the idea of the child being kidnapped by such a horrible pack. Standing at Moonspear's borders his call for Hydra was filled with urgency and his posture was different though he was still sore and the exposed healing scars on his chest would be hard to miss.
3/10 mastery
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Valour's call was heeded with an answering howl of her own. @Lyra and @Alya came upon the scene, then, knowing this to be an event that she wanted to be present for. Hydra summoned @Dirge, too, to attend to their young though they rest... Now that she could stretch her legs a little more, she would when she could. Her cubs had just began their evening siesta in the shade of the whelping den after a long and exhausting (for them, at least) bout of playing, and so she felt no guilt to drift nearer to the borders once called for now. There were few she would humor, but Valour and his Nightwalkers were an ally; she wondered the state of them, and if Hela still led. 

It took little time for her to arrive to him; a long-legged sprint carried her to where he stood, and where some might be softened by the scent of mothers milk Hydra, somehow, looked all the more severe. Her new brood had broadened the violent lick of her already far-reaching flame, though none of it was for Valour. Maternal instinct demanded caution, and her senses searched their surroundings for any threat near or far. Valour, she greeted, eyes searching him now for any sign of new injury; she found several, though her gaze did not linger upon them. She knew she need not ask what happened; Hydra expected, now, that is what he may have come for. There was no other sign that indicated he was being chased, and so she wondered what news he brought.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The alpha of Moonspear appeared looking more fiercesome than ever but there was a sweet scent that reminded him of a time when his mother would happily lead them to the field so he and Bronwen could play. The painful memory did nothing to help his mood but he greeted Hydra with a polite wag "Hydra. Glad to see you're looking well" the words held warmth through the tenseness of the situation he brought to their borders and he continued on "Do you know about our missing pup? We spoke to a man about it, Me and my General a few weeks back" he felt bad about dropping the business directly on her but there wasn't much time. He was out to search for Conquest again and seek aid against Ursus before Valium was hurt, he hoped they weren't doing anything terrible to him.
3/10 mastery
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra knew who he referred to; her own mate. His son, Valour said; their son. Help was offered but not yet given, though hearing why she could understand some; a lost child would also ever be her own priority should it happen that one of her brood, somehow, went missing. Her ear flicked, and she wondered if the girl had been found yet... but it seemed not, given the final question. Dirge, my mate. Yes, our son was attacked, she drawled, informing him, and he shared with me information of your missing cub. We have not been able to look very far, our own young just being born.

Just as Conquest was priority to him, their young were priority to her at present; too young to survive on their own, she was watchful and careful so that none would go missing if she could help it. A worrisome thought, and she wondered how many numbers the Nightwalkers had to aid Valour in his search. To my knowledge, none have yet seen her within Moonspear, she advised, and then inquired, what trouble have you seen?
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Understanding how much time and care pups took Valour couldn't blame them for not having been able to help much. Still having no news of Conquest stung and the weight of how long she'd been away brought his mood further down. "That's alright, kids take a lot of time" though the situation was grim he still had gratitude for the fact they'd tried and offered a small smile "Thank you for trying at least. We won't stop looking for her" that was a promise, he was going to do just that after this was over hoping to exhaust himself so he'd be able to sleep tonight. It had been so long since she'd been gone......how could he continue to hope for her when Valium needed saving? Luckily Hydra asked about the trouble flat out and he looked into her eyes for a moment "To start a pack called Ursus took one of our kids recently. They also attacked someone who is a personal ally of mine and threatened their family, Easthollow who are innocent people. Apparently they attacked one of my wolves but...I can't say if he deserved it or not but when I went to speak to their leader I was attacked. I didn't trespass, I was sniffing. Someone who was our captive, a man I knew as Uyo attacked me" The more he talked the more scattered his words got as his voice shook, uncontrolled anger seeping into his tone "Long story short I want them dead, they're a threat. I can also inform you that the woman who attacked your son is there, I remember her scent from Nightwalkers. We fought when I was a baby. She was pathetic" hoping that would be incentive enough to grab her interest he fell silent and dropped his gaze again, exhaling slowly.
3/10 mastery
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Ursus. 

Hydra had not heard of them; that they had an enemy of Easthollow was not something she herself had ever heard of. Easthollow, allies of theirs, had not shared the news with Moonspear. Although they were not very close in terms of proximity, she assumed that if they needed help they would come to her; but Valour's explanation as to why he was attacked earned no rejoinder from her. 

If ever she had been taken captive, no doubt she would attack the wolf or any within their pack that had condoned it. That Valour did not understand that reminded her of his age. What was important, though, was that they had taken a child of theirs. Negligence might have had something to do with it, but that mattered little when they had the good fortune of calling themselves an ally of Moonspears. 

Hydra had thought the most important detail had been given, but she stood corrected when he announced that the woman who had attacked her son... was found. 

Her eyes were bright as she regarded Valour. You are certain of this, Valour?, she pressed then, ears forward. Then, she drawled, tell me everything you know of Ursus. Spare me no detail, she hummed, a terribly wicked light within her own eyes. If she was there, perhaps the one-eyed boy was, too. Not a boy any more, she imagined. That was for the best; it was not Hydra who killed children, after all.

But she was a killer of men. And anyone else who hurt her family. Caiaphas was dead, as told to her by Dacio, and she imagined that it was these two that she would have continuing her legacy of all the stories she had heard.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
There it...the glimmer of interest as he finally dropped the deal sealer, or so he'd thought Valium's capture would be. Isntead she seemed to focus on Astara and he remembered after a quick flash of annoyance that she had also had a child attacked. Trying to pull back the details from both Santiago and his own encounter he first spoke about the leader, for that was who he'd sought out to begin with. "Their leader was a large raven furred male. One eye gone. My packmate who was also attacked by them said a raven furred female followed him, I'll assume that's Astara since Serem said she had a man following her around too in Nightwalkers. I can't remember his name, I rarely saw him. A tall blonde wolf named Taylor, A small black and white looking fox wolf so my packmate says, A grey and brown wolf, a brown wolf named Evien who personally should be excused, he has never been reported to do anything but try and stop the fight. He also tended my packmates wounds before he returned home. The man who was our captive, Uyo has a dark grey back that fades out toward his belly and legs. Blue eyes. Should now have a good scar under his chin" he reported what he could remember, each thought processed carefully especially when he tried to recall the brown wolf who hadn't bothered with the fight. Santiago said that the guy had went out of his way to heal him up and Valour had no beef with him. Meeting her gaze with one that burned with rage he perked his ears up, eyes sharpening "Our pack will attack either way to get that child back but we'd be outnumbered. I know yours would be at risk as well but I am certain you'd be receiving justice for your son" he released a soft breath "If you'll discuss fighting with us I can return in a week or so, or you can send out a scout to us. We will begin to plan immediately but i'd like to keep you involved in that too...so I was thinking whenever if ever it happens, there would be waves. They swarm attack. If it's just four or five Nightwalkers at their borders they'd just attack us. Then Moonspear could come in" that was the simplest plan there was and it was probably due to his age but maybe it could work if they all played it right. 
3/10 mastery
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I don't think Astara's name is common knowledge to anyone, but Hydra will get the point there. LOL

The matriarch listened; the details of their leader seemed familiar, but the picture was incomplete. Had he any red upon him? She pressed, then; she had asked for no detail spared, but so many were inclined to forget the important things. The little ones, that seemed inconsequential... though in the scheme of things, Hydra knew better than that. Some of the little things in there seemed to match; the black, nameless wolf who followed the one-eyed boy still existed, and was still with him. 

Hydra desired to attack primarily for getting retribution for her own son, but she was a tactician, and she knew better than to simply go on a plan formulated within a week. They know that you will be coming for your cub, she drawled, and they know your own style, as well. They will know, then, that you might have learned from it. If they are smart, they will expect all that you have laid out to me, Valour. Immediate retribution. The way that you and yours might fight. Despite what you have learned, Ursus has every advantage, still. You go to fight on their land. Who knows it better than they themselves? And perhaps already they prepare for you, as you come here, she drawled. We must be better than them. Smarter. We are that. This news that you have could turn not simply the Wilderness against them, but the Wilds, she drawled. 

Hydra licked her chops. The Nightwalkers have a reputation of their own. An unsavory one. Few would wish to align with that. And so, our work, firstly, begins at home. Your captive, Uyo. I need to know all there is to know about him. Did he trespass, to be made such a thing? The matriarch knew why Revui had been relegated to such; it was through every fault of his own. But was it all the same? There was much to be thought of, much to be planned and worked out.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The leader...even with Uyo on him he'd still stared the fucker down. Black fur with...what would you call it? Highlights? Tinting? "Some red, yes" all he knew was that the man wasn't entirely raven furred as the lady they sought out was remembered to be. He listened intently to Hydra and while yes, his pride took a blow hearing his plans not be agreed upon she had some points. Even so, Ursus did not know Nightwalkers and how they worked through just two meetings...mainly because they had no style. They were all just...savages weren't they? Here Hydra stood a leader of a pack of wolves he already assumed formidable and she spoke like a true Warlord stating they'd been seen too much and could be potentially too well known by Ursus. Of course she was right about them expecting it, who took another's pup and didn't think they'd be sought after.  "They've only seen the Nightwalkers twice.  Me and a nightwalker named Clarence who followed me unasked and at a seperate time Santiago Consort to my General. Santi alone fought off four or five of them and left alive. The only issue on my end is the one who attacked me, Uyo. He was with us as a captive and fought his way out against Vengeance and Serem a long time ago. He does know us"  at first he didnt't feel entirely angry but when their reputation was thrown in his face he began defending the wolves of Nightwalkers who'd tried to be peaceful for months, he'd actually put effort into not being an asshole anymore for that reason.  "Our reputation was because of Vengeance and the horrible things he did and had us all do for him. I don't know if he ever told you the truth about what he was leading but the pack I run now isn't his. It is a new nightwalkers and I am trying to fix the fact that our name is heard and people immediately look at me like I'm a monster"  the last bit was a small slip in his temper, his wording perhaps a little snappy and as such he averted his eyes ears angling backward as he tried to focus on the more important matters at hand. "Ursus is already earning quite a name for themselves if you know wolves, there and we do as well. On top of threatening Easthollow that makes three packs who see them negatively. Regardless of what we do, Ursus is the enemy and if the entire wilds hunted them I would be content to join" his words were always bold but this was a time when he was genuine and passionate in the declaration eyes burning fierce. If Ursus was ever that hated he would ally Nightwalkers with anyone who asked within reason to hunt their asses time after time again.  "Nightwalkers reputation is that we don't mess around. They have three strikes and one of them is snatching a child, that's practically begging for it. Kidnapping is ridiculous" of course there was the fact that was exactly the reason he was the way he was, Vengeance had kidnapped him and took him to Nightwalkers as the first child. His mistake was saving Hela's life...

Seeing as his plan wasn't seen as workable he hadn't any other idea what to do and so he turned his eyes back up to her "If you can formulate a plan we have someone also doing so right now, perhaps the three of us can meet and discuss it further?" the temper had faded in the past few minutes and he was back to full respect looking to her and seeming in that moment just as he was, a young boy leading an angry pack to war without guidance or any idea what he was doing aside from his best. Looking up as the Moonspear leader said she needed time to talk about it with her coleaders he bit back the desire to say something about the urgency of a kidnapped child and instead nodded thanking her for the consideration and returning home.

I am archiving all of my old threads with no replies. If you want to continue this at some point or just leave it open ended that's fine.
3/10 mastery