Moonspear bloodbound
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
attn @Mira & @Mintaka ! daughters day :') pp'ing @Vega and @Alya along too ;)

With @Lyra and @Dirge watching the boys, Hydra led the small group toward a nearby shallow stream in which she was certain her children, at this age, could endure. It was hours and hours of following it before it shifted into a more formidable thing, but here it was a quiet, trickling thing that danced over pebbles. The water, she estimated, would only reach their heels at this rate to start, and when wading deeper just reach their chest. The tug of the stream was so gentle that even on a stormy day, it did little more than cause her furs to stir and dance. It would be good practice to swim, and to see small fish too. 

More than that, to teach them to heed their surroundings. 

Listen to the world around you, Hydra drawled, everywhere you go. Nature will be the first to warn you when something is amiss, she reminded. Her cubs were beginning to learn how to speak and the like; it meant repitition until understanding could take root. And Hydra was tireless in ensuring her cubs were well-learned. @Vega and @Alya kept to the outskirts as the family walked, observing the perimeter, while Hydra walked slowly along. The spot was hardly far at all from where they rest night and day, and so not too arduos a journey for her little ones. Exciting nonetheless, she imagined, for them.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
151 Posts
Ooc — summer
While Mira was happy to follow mother beyond the realm of what she knew, and happier still to explore the unfamiliar world- when they came upon the stream, in spite of its gentleness, the snake gazed down with nervousness. Blue-gold flicked up to Hydra as she spoke, not wishing to look at the water now. In the moments after, Mira was silent, dreading it as her gaze shifted back to the frightening waters. Perhaps this day would make Mintaka look the fiercer- for Mira did not wish to be touched by this wet and unfamiliar thing, and would likely hesitate until encouraged, or shoved, whichever came first.
Mira's posts may contain violent content.
At present, Ksura will often be near Mira's den, and thus welcome in her familial threads.
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
Mintaka loved the natural world. Experiencing new things and unusual sensations was one of her favorites, and she was beyond excited to see what her mother had in store today. Lengthening legs carried her in a bouncy gait as she padded behind Hydra, puppy blue eyes scanning the creek with great interest. That was what she was most looking forward to, today. 

Unfortunately, she was less inclined to have a peaceful day near the stream and more inclined to actually be in the stream, and so...

"Mama can I touch it?" she asked, looking down at the slow-moving water with her tail wagging fiercly behind her.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra looked to her one wary daughter, pleased... and then to Mintaka, pleased for a different reason entirely. It was good to ask to ensure it was the right thing to do, and that was what Mintaka had done. But Mira displayed a healthy reaction to the wildernesses more brutal and cutthroat element: water. You may, she drawled, stepping into it herself to show that it was no danger. She looked to Mira and drawled, your own reaction carries age old wisdom. In the winter, water becomes a thing that bites when you touch it. In the Spring, the Summer, the Fall, should you find the rougher coursing waters it can steal you away should you fall into it. But today, I bring you two to waters that will do no such thing in this weather... and how to observe it, she drawled with a wave of her tail. 

She took another step into the water and hummed, the water is not so deep here, but if you push off where it is deepest, you can swim. It is a natural instinct to be able to do so, most every wolf is born with the ability. And if you are not, it can be taught... and I will teach you, she drawled. She would teach her girls much today, but at the very least these lessons could be fun in the acting them out.
151 Posts
Ooc — summer
apologies for the wait!

Mira believed Mintaka was too eager, but Mother seemed pleased. The little shadow listened silently to Hydra's lesson, and though her face did not show reaction, and she spoke little, in truth everything that was told was carefully noted. Mira was no fool, no, she drank all the knowledge she could gain- but she would not express her interest in the ways Mintaka did. 

Even as Mother stepped in, Mira hesitated to join her. As she hated being touched by the tongues of her siblings and aunts, so she feared this great water would be the same, a million tongues licking at her feet. But... she trusted Hydra. She wanted to please her mother more than anything, and so with a wary glance offered to no one in particular, she shifted forward on unsure feet. Slowly she dipped a toe into the stream- and dashed it back out, finding the mountain's water was cooler than expected. Take two, she dipped a paw in now. Slowly Mira would place her feet one by one in the stream, though once there, held her pose like a mannequin, clearly uncomfortable.
Mira's posts may contain violent content.
At present, Ksura will often be near Mira's den, and thus welcome in her familial threads.
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
By touch it Mintaka meant leap into it. The silver pup took a couple steps back, tensed her shoulders, and ran forward to leap into the shallows of the creek. There was a mighty splash, for her tiny body, and she found that the water only came up to her stomach. 

"Cold!" she announced, but was visibly delighted by the feeling. "It's so nice!" It really felt good, moving around her legs and chest, and her damp tail wagged back and forth.

Swimming, her mother had said? 

Well, she was definitely gonna try.

Mintaka moved toward the middle of the stream, eventually finding that her paws were struggling to touch. It felt almost like she was floating, and she was shocked by how easy it was. "You can fly in here?" she demanded, head bobbing a bit as she kicked her feet. It was surprising, how easy it was to keep her face almost completely out of the water.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra watched Mira, nodding approvingly. She had good instinct. It is always good to do as you have done. When the weather becomes coldest, the waters bite can be terrible enough to lose proper use of your limb, permanently she forewarned. Just one way to receive frostbite. Mintaka had no reservations, and Hydra's gaze turned to her as the splash of her body disturbed the otherwise peaceful atmosphere. Hydra moved slowly after the silver girl, gaze turned back to Mira who remained where she stood. 

Blinking, Hydra hummed, we are waiting for you, Mira, though there was no vexation in her voice. Hydra understood the newness of this, and that discomfort might come. Show me how brave you can be, she tempted, ears pricking forward. Her ear twitched as Mintaka asked her question, and she looked down to her daughter, a shadow overhead. Fly? I do not believe I said fly, she reminded dryly, you are swimming, Mintaka. And you are doing well, she commended, bestowing upon Mintaka a thing she rarely provided the silver girl. It is important to keep your head above the water as you do, so that you can breathe. When you are feeling tired, and your legs ache or burn, you return to the shallow water so that you can get some rest, she explained.