Redsand Canyon cupio
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
Private 
by the time that germanicus had taken both of his soldiers to aquene and seen them off upon their journey, the sky had darkened. he cursed himself and turned his steps toward the den but hesitated.

a short while longer and the freshly scrubbed imperator shook out his dripping silver fur beside the oasis. now he truly set a course of passage for the den he and the matrona shared. her scent deepened the closer he drew to the entryway. alongside the quickened desire was the soft play of nerves.

what if he was far too perfunctory? what if he was the reason their endeavors were unsuccessful?

the nervousness that gripped germanicus was profound by the moment he touched their doorstep. and yet it was weakened, thinned away by the great affect she now had upon him. the eagle exhaled as he passed beyond the hide curtain into the warm room beyond. "@Ruenna? i did not mean to be so long." his voice trailed away as he searched for her features in the light.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
The time she waited for Germanicus to appear felt both very long and very short. Every move she had made in the last few moons had been made carefully, so as to set herself up for this opportunity, and she had lined up all of the ducks she could possibly get her paws on into a neat little row. This still did not keep her from worrying that something would go wrong-- something she had not thought to prepare for-- just because this was the thing she wanted most in the world. It was dangerous to want something so much. 

Germanicus's arrival did much to dispel the anxiety that churned within Ruenna. His calm, collected presence was dependably fixed with a predictability that Ruenna found soothing. He slipped into the room with an apology for his lateness, a routine so commonplace that it could have been any other night. Tonight is just like any other night. Ruenna clung to this thought to steady herself as she rose from her pallet. 

"I'm just glad you're here now."

Her journey to his side was swifter than it had ever been, courtesy of Aquene's extra dose of pain medication. She moved with only the slightest of hobbles, and her bearing was reminiscent of her former grace, agility and poise. Ruenna's muzzle sifted gently through Germanicus's fur, running along his shoulders and back as she licked away the dampness of his pelt. It was no different from the attention he received each evening, and yet...

Ruenna's potent scent enveloped them, and she felt the urgent need to press into Germanicus. Her cheek came to rest in the crook of his neck, and she sighed in contentment.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the eagle smoothed his lips down the back of her head as she came closer. normally now he might have begun his report upon the day, but he found his jaw wired with the enormity of the moment. at last germanicus allowed himself full surrender to the etch of her fragrance filling every part of this liminal space.

she preened the water from his fur. he gave a low rumble in response, an answering breath. 

the way she had moved had not been lost to him: ruenna had glided across the room with hardly a moment's stiffness. he wanted to comment upon it. he wanted to commend the medicus who had seen her skill so widely as to eliminate the pain from his wife's body.

but there was no time for words, no room for them. he capitulated to the same urgency, caressing ruenna softly. "i am very glad to be here" his voice was taut and throaty. and so he said no more, shifting here to explore her shoulders and nape with touches that almost trembled.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Germanicus was uncharacteristically quiet, saying nothing after their quiet greetings were exchanged. Ruenna shivered at his touch, and she brushed against him, turning over her shoulder so they stood neck-and-neck and faced the same direction. Her motion was fluid; graceful, almost, if such a description could possibly be applied to Ruenna. 

"Good," Ruenna murmured, commenting a bit belatedly on Germanicus's last statement. "There's no turning back, after this." She arched an eyebrow, equal parts bemused and questioning. Everything about their partnership up until this point could be conceptualized as a trial; it would be simple enough to dissolve the marriage and walk away, if expectations had not been met. Once there were children, there would be no easy out. 

Would Ruenna have wanted anything different, if she could have had everything her way? Perhaps. She would not change anything about Germanicus, she decided, and as for Mereo.. it was still a work in progress, to be sure. But for all its strengths and shortcomings, Ruenna could not argue that life in Mereo was any better or worse than what she had known in other packs, and it was a head and shoulders above being alone. 

Ruenna slid her muzzle beneath Germanicus's chin to nibble along his throat. His touches were uncertain-- reminiscent of that first time they were intimate with one another-- which Ruenna found very sweet. Knowing Germanicus, it would take a little time before instinct gripped him and overcame his inhibitions. Ruenna would savor these tender moments for now, and seeing as she was pain-free for the time being, she expected she would enjoy just as much the part that came next.

Fade with your post? Or fade out and back in? Whatever you think! <3

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
maybe one more from you and i can close? <3

ruenna welcomed him with an elegant and captivating tip. she stood beside him and in the warm still air of their home he watched her mouth form those words.

for a long moment he was silent, brow smoothing from a furrow. "i have no desire to walk away from you or from this marriage." his affirmation hung between them. the eagle reached to kiss her cheek 

this time he was more assured of himself. she knew him well. here they were not imperator and matrona, only a man compelled by fascination with his wife.

and when at last germanicus felt that he should linger no longer, when his arms went around her with a quiet finality, be experienced the culminating rightness of their bond.

~*~

figure flagging but only for now, he lay back upon their covelet besotted and bemused, watching her with a gathering affection in his yellowpaint eyes. and when he had caught his breath germanicus smiled broadly. "i am yours, ruenna."
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ruenna smiled serenely in response to his words, nudging her cheek beneath his chin with a contended sigh. "I'm a lucky woman," she voiced, tail fluttering. Her vast changes in circumstance were still almost dreamlike to her; how unbelievable it was, that all of this had been within her grasp. She'd been capable of achieving this dream all along; all that had been required was the courage to ask for what she wanted. 

She blinked her amber eyes heavily, sinking into the comfort of her husband. Soon sleep would settle over her, and she would rest easier and longer than she had in recent memory.

Ahh sorry, I think I need to go ahead and close for us; admin reached out and said this was technically supposed to be in archives before I posted the puppy ad (whoops!)