Redsand Canyon praesto
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
All Welcome 
the shadows had fallen. mereo was quieting for the evening. soldiers returned from their patrols.

he waited for @Tierra. "scutarius," he greeted. "i am assigning the auxillia zahir to your education. she has knowledge of individuals in the area. i would like you to make contact with a pack we have not met before."
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
A real job! She hid her excitement, and nodded, though it was a pretty big slice out of the appeal of this that he thought she needed a babysitter. When it came to traveling, that's what a teacher was, right? Like Tierra needed someone to show her how to meet some random pack. Maybe she could ditch her, make it look like an accidental mixup, and do the job on her own anyway? Now that would be impressive!

Something to totally think about later.

Yeah, I can do that. Do you want me to, like, find something out? Or just meet them? Her expression lit up. Or do you want me to try and get them to do something? Because I bet I totally could. All she had to do was get one (or a few of them) to fall madly in love with her. Total piece of cake.
-Signing.- | Speaking. | -Signing & speaking.-
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
he was still.

"as the officer in charge you will represent mereo. 'i am tierra redhawk, scutarius of mereo. i come to bring word of our pack as well as learn about your own.'"

it was a fine enough introduction. but germanicus expected pushback from tierra.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh god. Tierra had to bite back a snort as he stuffily introduced her in a way she'd absolutely die before doing. He actually thought he'd make friends like that?! She wouldn't make it two words in before they'd laugh her off the borders, she bet.

Yeah.... okay. I can totally handle that. Easy. She'd definitely be putting her own spin on it, obvs, but she could be boring enough and just kind of introduce them and all that.

Are you sure that's all you want? Seems like kind of a waste, going and not even trying to get a favor or something. She would be tempted to go off book, so it was probably worth it to make sure. He had to have a reason for being boring with it, right?
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"you are not a politician nor a tactician," he told the young soldier plainly. "i would not send you to fend for yourself in the den of such gambits."

he studied her.

"we offer first our strength. then we barter. leadership understands what is on offer; often they volunteer tribute before asked."
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
The fact that he thought she couldn't do it annoyed her but she shrugged nonchalantly anyway, as if it didn't matter if she should or not. And at the end of the day it didn't! Because if she felt like she could get something more out of the meeting, she would, regardless of what Germanicus had to say about it.

Yeah, okay. Say hi, meet whoever, leave. Stupid easy. She could do this in her sleep.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
like her mother she was assured and brash. but also like towhee tierra was skilled.

he knew she was ready for such a task.

"you should go and prepare. take time to rest as well."
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I need to actually have her do these things XD oop

You got it! Tierra wasn't about to question those orders!! She tossed him a playful salute, then stepped away with a bit more spring in her step. Even if the suggested methods were a little.... cramped, style wise, she was totally glad to have a task to do! It was going to be amazing (and so was she).
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
lol no worries! zahir is out of game, she can get a new assigment! <3

he watched tierra depart then turned to his own tasks.

amusement was clear upon his face.