Lost Creek Hollow you will never know
godkiller; bleeding golden ichor
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
Joining 
ingram gives @Ash Paw time to go first, lingering 'round the borders. he paces, nerves biting.

he does not like her being out of sight, does not like that he does not know what is being said.

time passes; courtesy ... before following the motions of tradition, ingram tips his head back and howls for the leadership @Crowfeather and @Silvertongue.

magick, threadbone reading & 'godhood' is to be taken purely with a grain of salt and are written to be creations of ingram's imagination and religious faith.
sold my soul for a cigarette
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
There was a voice upon their borders. The sound of him was unfamiliar.

Crowfeather lifted his head and turned his eyes toward the origins of the summons. His honey gaze was soft, wondering. Ash Paw had spoken of someone she cared about who had gone to Akashingo. The dark Star had been wary of the feelings that the mesa had brought up inside him. He knew that it wasn’t right for the mother to bring her children into the world in an unfamiliar place and without the man she cared for.

Hurrying, the three-legged shadow made his way to the edge of Riverclan.

Oh, hello, he said a bit breathlessly. A smile danced along the dark figure’s lips.

I’m Crowfeather.
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
the crowfurred man that came to greet him with punctuality, is three-legged. this draws ingram's eye, naturally, a familiar mixture of morbid curiosity and surprise swelling and lingering beneath his breast.

however, he keeps his expression neutral and diverts his gaze as the stranger speaks.

crowfeather.

ash paw hadn't told ingram much of the leaders of the pack that had taken her in but whatever images ingram conjured in his mind of crowfeather did not fit the man before him.

i am ingram eyjolfur, a long time since he's used the last name; longer still since he felt the need to. i came with ashpaw. to be with her and our children.

magick, threadbone reading & 'godhood' is to be taken purely with a grain of salt and are written to be creations of ingram's imagination and religious faith.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Ingram, yes, the shadow spoke with understanding on his tongue. It’s good to have you here. Ash Paw has talked about you. 

Crowfeather didn’t know much about the man, only that he was the piece missing from the calico woman’s life. She said that he would be her husband, and he was here to say that he would be father to her pups. How could he say no to them? Even with the fright of Akashingo following the intense man to their hollow. 

The Pharaoh was dead. Crowfeather had never known the man’s daughter. He felt that they might be free from that terror. 

Come in, come in! I should show you around. Then we can find Ash Paw. How was the journey? The dark figure was warm with interest. He hoped they would he happy in Riverclan. He hoped their children would grow strong.
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
though ingram carried with him worry about how he might be received, he is welcomed warmly.

the patronsaint accepts the welcome by crossing into the borders, but not without offering his merits despite that crowfeather had not asked.

i am a warrior and a priest both, ingram offers. though that seems a bit of an oxymoron. a wiry grin tugs at the edges of his lips. warriorpriest. they should not work so well together, but the god(s) he's prayed to in his life are not fragile beings. they require blood.

our journey was fine. slow, of course. ingram answers the question crowfeather had asked. ash paw shouldn't have made it. but she had and he was here for it. glad to have her back so she can nest and focus on herself and the cubs.

Riverclan
Sharpfang*
782 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

just a cameo! <3

the vomiting had not abated. silvertongue kept to herself. and yet when the call rose she was there, in the deep shadows of the hollow. too far to hear the exchanged words, the star only watched as crowfeather moved to greet this man, the one she assumed was ash paw's husband. husband. the word soured her belly again, and so the silverfurred wolf was gone in the next second, melting away as if she had never been there. germanicus had not come back. in one selfish moment she hoped he never would. in the next she was guilty, wanting only happiness for the shadow prince she so loved.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
A warrior was known, of course. Crowfeather had grown through his childhood in constant fascination with warriors and their duties. The term priest was foreign to him. He understood that there were men of many beliefs. He had learned as much during his time in Akashingo. The dark Star could not expect them to be familiar, for their customs to be a comfortable thing to him.

Ingram assisted by calling himself something of an oxymoron.

A priest and warrior were somewhat opposite, then. Crowfeather grew hopeful. There would be plenty of work for the man in Riverclan.

It’s hard to stop someone from going after what they love, the tripod said, voice quavering slightly with his knowing in this subject. But I will personally help tend to her. We can shower her in warmth, now that you’re both- both-

Crowfeather felt silly, suddenly.

Home.
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
love.

ingram wants to argue that, that wasn't what they had. they had familiarity, they had loyalty and stability within each other.

but was there potential? sure. it just wasn't there yet.

instead, the patronsaint settles for a grumble of displeasure. naught could be done about it ... it was over and done and they were both here. but he gave himself the time to be grouchy about her daredevil-like venture so heavily pregnant.

the want to tell crowfeather that he doesn't need help tending to ashpaw burns suddenly and hotly within ingram's chest. in the interest of not setting a new record of finding himself on a leader's bad side within the first handful of minutes of their meeting: he resists.

are you a medic? a midwife? ingram inquires, trying to suss out what exactly crowfeather meant by his words.

Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The man grumbled. Crowfeather wondered if he had said something he wasn’t supposed to.

Ash Paw had said that Ingram was to be her husband. She had risked the life of her pups and herself to go find him and bring him to the hollow. Did that not speak of love? The three-legged man was uncertain if he had crossed into a territory where he was not welcome. He’d been too familiar with this man. He’d spoken too freely of his relationship with the pregnant woman.

They were both very different from anyone the dark Star had met.

Oh, yes. I- I was a medicine wolf to my home clan. I’ve helped heal the wolves here and there, in these lands, he answered, motioning to the grand stretch of wild terrain around them. Healing was supposed to be my- my destiny, I guess. That felt strange to admit to someone new.

But Riverclan- We have several healers here. We have alliances with the other clans, too. Swiftcurrent Creek and Kvarsheim. They have their own strengths. We all help each other and protect each other. I think your skills will have good purpose here.
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
would ingram be a romantic man, he might've been able to see how it had the makings for a token hallmark movie. heavily pregnant woman shows up in the small town ingram worked — probably as a mechanic — and feelings of stability and loyalty, attraction and inklings that could be considered the sparks of love were rekindled.

a promise to be the father the babes deserved, to be the husband she deserved.

unfortunately, ingram wasn't romantic and is unable to see what others might from their story.

that is good. he is put at ease that crowfeather wasn't trying to be second husband to ashpaw. he is midwife, medic. ingram supposes he does not need to be a helicopter husband, then.

i am happy to offer them in exchange for building my family and life here. a small ask, ingram thinks. giving riverclan his well honed skills for what he asked for in return.

Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
If only Ingram knew of Crowfeather’s preferences in such romantic interests, he would not have worried. The dark figure was caring and gentle, yes. The type of husband he would have made to a frightening, independent woman like Ash Paw would have made children scoff.

It seemed that merely the mention of his medicinal talent was enough to draw the ice from the dark man’s tongue. Crowfeather didn’t know if he was intimidated by Ingram or if he was overwhelmed with his curiosity for the man. He was so different from the other wolves that the tripod had met. Different, but there was nothing that told the Star to be wary of him.

It’s a big honor. Your family will be the first in Riverclan. It’s exciting. I’m glad to have you.

The shadow’s lean snout motioned to where Ash Paw had made something of a home for herself.

Where Ash Paw has been staying. Could I get you some food?
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
went ahead and wrapped with my reply. <3

they are new and crowfeather admits as much with the mention that his and ashpaw's family would be the first. this doesn't surprise ingram — he suspected as much — but he feels that it's good. new could be harrowing ... and it didn't always work out; basilica and blackwater dawning upon the forefront of his mind.

his thoughts are tucked away when crowfeather leads him to ashpaw's den, an offer of food made.

no, ingram declines, offering a grateful dip of his head moments later. remembering that manners were important. i hunted for us shortly before we arrived. during one of their many stops.

i should see if ashpaw needs any help. a glimpse is spared towards the den, wondering how much his flamewife had gotten done before embarking on her journey to akashingo. he steps away then, intending to either be a help to ashpaw or be chased away.