Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
It was a long arduous journey, but it was nothing worse than the bride price journey he had gone on and if he could do that, he could do this. On his broad back he carried pelts, enough to line the Ulaq's of Moonspear. He also carried with him two pouches made of rabbit fur, dyed with berries, and a few noise makers that he had made form fish bones and smaller bones.

He made it to the border that smelled of many, upon it's borders he smelled the wolf Nasamik and perhaps her disgraced husband, but he chose to ignore it. It was up to @Sialuk what she did there.

Laying them to the side, he lifted his nose out to a howl a questing howl. Requesting someone's presence.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
RIP my threadlog, but I couldn’t resist

Njord had broken fast with @Meerkat over a ptarmigan that morning, though his wife had little appetite. The man did his best to resist fretting as she returned to their Ulaq to rest. He knew that pregnancy was a time of great change, and did his best to play the steady supportive role of a husband.

He was alone when a familiar voice called for Sialuk on their borders. Njord hurried to greet their visitor – a friend in a strange land.

“Rodyn!” He shouted excitedly, the roll of his R accented the man’s name in an exaggerated way. The last time they had seen one another was the seal hunt on Sapphique’s shores.

The Moonsperian carried many wares. “’Tis a grand feeling tae see yer face again!” Njord said with a jolly mien.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Well aren't I a lucky duck. I feel special :D <3

The accent caught him first then the gray man was next and Rodyn Yipped a greeting.

Hello Njord!

His tail wagged and he offered a grin. It is a pleasure to see your face too hunter friend!

Rodyn Chuckled and nose bumped the man. How are you doing? You left the shore?
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
If Njord had arms, he would have bear-hugged Rodyn with a sharp clap on the back. “Aye, we did,” Njord said, his voice losing its regular brightness. “’Tis a long tale…” Njord’s blue gaze drifted, melancholic as if to allude that their story was a sad one. The wounds were still fresh.

“Meerkat an’ I live with Sialuk now. We’ve made this place our home… and what of ye, Rodyn? What are ye carryin?” Njord looked over the heaps of goods, fascinated by the ways of the trader.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn eyed his friends face and saw the pain there and he nodded. Well I'm glad you're here, Njord. Then he offered the brightest smile he could muster. He didn't need to be told why he was here. Or what had transpired unless he wanted to talk about it. Then the hunter would listen.

He pointed out the items as he spoke a glitter in his eye. I brought gifts for all of you up here. There should be furs, deer and goat for each Ulaq I believe I brought enough and if i didn't I have more. These are pouches that I've made with willow branches and fur. And then I call these song makers. They are fish bones wound tight in willow branches if you hang them from low branches or on rocks. When the winds blow they make a strange, but hauntingly beautiful sound.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Rodyn got the hint, and Njord was thankful for it. He smiled warmly at the other hunter and bobbed his head in gratitude.

He was thankful, still, when Rodyn explained his wares. Njord’s jaw became slack, impressed by the many goods and Rodyn’s skills. “Ah’ve never seen such art,” Njord laughed breathily. “Sialuk gifted Meerkat an’ I a pelt… an’ even that is a mystery tae me. How do ye make such things?” He had seen wolves collect feathers and antlers, sure. But to craft? That was new territory.

He eyed the windchimes and thought, to himself, that his wife might appreciate a gift. But what could he offer Rodyn in return?

Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
The first hunter couldn't offer much in ways of emotional balmings. He just wasn't that good at that kind of stuff, but he could move on from the topic. Could offer kindness.

Rodyn chuckled. The pelt, you tear it from the deer. I can show you this sometime if you like, but you tear it at different places, teeth and claws carefully. Then you strip the meat from it. You can dry it. The fatty parts if really good with berries. Then you put it in the river, weighed down by rocks for a little while. The fish will eat the left over bits. Then you lay it in sun, rocks on edges to stretch it and just let it dry. Moonwoman and Moonglow taught me.

He motioned at the pouches with gentle paws. The pouches. I used rabbit fur, rock, and sharp bones, or rocks to make the holes. Sometimes porcupine quills will work and then just pulled willow through with teeth. It gets stuck in your teeth, but it makes it nice. The dye is just certain berries it will fade with time.

The last part was his most favorite and he gently moved one of the noisemakers around. This one is just willow branches and bones. I would wrap them around each other and pull tight with my teeth and a large rock or round a tree.

Rodyn pressed forward some of the items. Take what you want friend. These are gifts from me to you all.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord’s gaze darted back and forth between Rodyn and his wares as the hunter explained each technique. Njord’s respect for the multi-talented man grew tenfold. Dry meat? Pair it with berries? The seafarer had only known a simple life... and the promise of creativity and luxury delighted him.

“Aye, ye must show me!” he responded enthusiastically. “Perhaps I can visit ye at Moonglow?” he suggested.

Every gift looked finer than the next, but Njord was settled upon his choice. He picked out an exquisite mobile, pulling it close to him. “Ah must give ye many thanks, Rodyn… Meerkat will love it. Someday I must repay ye.” Njord would not settle otherwise!

Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Njord was an avid listener and nothing delighted the boy more than that. He found a deep respect for the sea hunter and held him in high regard. So to have him pay attention. It made him feel good.

Rodyn dipped his head. If I am still there. Samani and I have decided to start our own pack. Moonglow is growing too small with all the wolves. At least three females will have children in the coming spring. And Samani longs to be near the ocean. So I will do this for her. We will call it Moontide.

Rodyn smiled at him kindly. Those are my favorite. I like the noise it makes. I will teach you to make that too, because sometimes winds that blow break it.

He thought about it. You come hunt with me after your babes are born and able to be without you for a day. We will christen the new pack lands with meat and of course you must bring some back too.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Last from me

News of Rodyn’s new venture with his family touched Njord’s heart. He smiled, happy for the new couple and their blossoming future. Life and marriage weren’t without their trials, but both could be beautiful things if nurtured correctly. Rodyn was a man with a kind spirit and Njord had no doubt that whatever he and his kin undertook would succeed.

“Sounds like eh plan tae me!” Njord agreed with a smile. He would help Moontide hunt and feast!

“I must be gettin’ back tae Meerkat now, I am sure others will be long tae see yer wares an’ trade,” he encouraged. “Be well, my friend.”

With the noisemaker in tow, Njord headed back to his ula to present the gift to his wife.