Redtail Rise hopestone
Pledged
Bearclaw
441 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
set for whenever actually, probably after this! @Redsky @Mulherin @Fifth

true to what he had told @Masquerade, ancelin toted the dead rabbit kits to @Avicus' den. it was true he glanced around for relic, but even if he saw his cousin, he was determined not to quail. he had the right to be here, and the responsibility also.
the young wolf had devised a rough carrying-sling of bark. his first three attempts had snapped the bark and spilled the bits of meat. and so he walked very slowly with the fourth, setting it down as quickly as he was able.
"a-auntie?" his boyish voice broke shamefully in the middle of the word. his ears splayed; he cleared his throat and tried again. "i brought you snacks."
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
the query is strange, not what she's used to from the boy. the confidence lacking. perhaps the failed fight with Relic had broken him, somewhat.

come, Avicus replies, and stretches out, her teats still well within reach of her pups but her fiery head emerging from the den. meat catches her nostrils and saliva pools in her mouth; she keeps it at bay, swallowing frequently, watching her nephew approach.

whah' you have? she asks. she stretches her forepaws out, too, and rests her chin upon them, watching Ancelin with an idly appraising stare.
but see, amid the mimic rout,
a crawling shape intrude —
a blood-red thing that writhes from out
the scenic solitude
Pledged
Bearclaw
441 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"little rabbits. masque helped me find them." well. she'd done most of the work, and the dispatch. ancelin was careful to mention his cousin out of respect — and perhaps because her more established name might carry weight with his aunt.
"sorry i haven't been by." ancelin chose not to elaborate for fear it would come off like an excuse. his tail thumped once behind him.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
she gives him a small smile, the warmth reaching her eyes. he might be just playing modest—Masque is a skilled hunter, but she wouldn't balk at bringing the food herself. she'd like the praise.

for him to come alone speaks volumes, she thinks.

Avicus gives a small shake of her head. ihh' fine, she remarks. to be honest, more frequent visits from her packmates would have tired her out; she's okay with the occasional house call (so long as there's food in tow, which most of them know well to bring).

how're you? she asks. her gaze runs along the healing gashes on his face left by Relic. the younger boy had lost, but he's warrior, now, regardless. maybe the fight had helped expend their feral energy.
the scenic solitude
Pledged
Bearclaw
441 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ancelin sat down quietly, allowing his indigo eyes to reach respectfully toward avicus, but only as high as her scarlet cheekbone. he put the rest of his energy letting sneaking gazes gather glimpses of his newest cousins, hidden by the darkness of the den.
"i'm all right. settling in," which was ironic given the way ridges of rosy healing flesh now laced and pockmarked his face. "i need something to do," ancelin admitted now, attention returning to avicus as he found a spark of confidence to seek purpose.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
something to do. her mind turns to her recent conversation with Mireille, and she grows contemplative, thinking for a moment. 

the scarring left by her son on his face is still apparent. perhaps time away—in service to the pack, of course—might do him good.

you know 'hhapphique? she asks. by 'hhe oh'hhean?

she runs her ragged tongue ruefully against her teeth, then continues. 'hhey needh our help. foodh, pro'hhech'ion. can you help 'em?

it would help him have a purpose, and Avicus thinks he'd grow well into the role.
the scenic solitude
Pledged
Bearclaw
441 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he did not know this pack, but how quickly his aunt replied had ancelin's interest captured. they were in need. so they were weakened.
he wondered what had happened, even as he nodded slowly. ancelin did not ask for further instruction, already working out how he could split his time between the rise and figuring out what had occurred.
"sapphique is — that way, yeah?" he asked, nosing the air in a very vague approximation of where their allies might be.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
she follows his gesture and she nods in affirmation. mphm, she replies, giving him a brief nudge with her muzzle to his shoulder. by ohh'hean. you'll 'hhmell. the salt of it was too powerful to deny.

Avicus dips her muzzle to her pups and whispers, bear. kill a few of 'em. 'hhey hurhh'ing.

it's not guilt that drives her but obligation. even though Sapphique had failed to help, they were still allies. Erzulie was—had been—a friend. 

help 'em wi' foodh, she remarks, shrugging, gathering her brood close, shivering at the thought of a bear through this land.
the scenic solitude
Pledged
Bearclaw
441 Posts
Ooc — ebony
bears. hurting. ancelin's eyes widened a little and he nodded, not truly understanding the magnitude of loss a bear could inflict but knowing it must be bad. "i'll help them out, auntie," he assured her, chest thrown out.
"and i'll keep an eye out for bears. i'll stay close enough to call, okay?" he tried to promise, not sure but knowing he must stay available to the rise at all costs.