Ocean's Breath Plateau we'll sing until our jaws are broken
Morningsong
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
492 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
All Welcome 
Phew I know I have a few more older threads to reply to; I just want to get things current & established before I turn my new writing juices to past scenes. Hoping for @Heph or @Rodyn; Dutch is here with @Simbelmyne, @Sulukinak, & @Aditya.

They came early in the morning, having stopped for the darkest hours for a brief nap. They were laden with pelts about their shoulders, and Dutch carried a bundle in his jaws as well — gifts for the pack's leadership. Even with all this, they had left some behind in the caves. Eira had been busy in her time at the glacier, and so Dutch had made up a soft bed in the most frequented area. A place where the woman could lie down and rest, if she happened to wander back into the territory. But they'd brought most of their stock along with them, some to be shared and some to make their own beds with, and one fine ramskin that Dutch planned to give to Chakliux when he next saw the man.

At the outer edge of the territory, Dutch set down the bundle of soft rabbit pelts and lifted his head to call out:

Morningsong is here; we come seeking shelter.

He hoped that they would be welcomed. It had only now occurred to him to wonder if Heph and Rodyn would appreciate another family among them. He would petition at least for a short-term stay if the territory could not support them. He was sure they could contribute enough that they would not be a burden.

He cut a glance to Simbelmyne at his side, and then Sulukinak and Aditya at his other. He was worried about the older man, though he'd tried not to be too obvious about it while they were still on the road.

"After we've seen Heph and Rodyn, we will find someplace to set all this down," he promised them, his gaze lingering not quite surreptitiously on his father.
Morningsong
Sage*
130 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She took as much weight upon her shoulders as she could carry for the distance, certain that her eagerness would lend her the energy needed for the journey. Her skin warmed beneath layers of skins, and she breathed through the soft, white fur of the hare hide that she carried. The air was warm enough that the moisture from her breath did not bead and freeze on the fur- Spring had come, and the cold nights would soon be over.

She too wondered if another brood of children would be welcome at Moontide- knowing now that at least two women already expected children. Surely, though, she convinced herself that they would not be denied- and if they were…She felt Dutch would still honour his promise. 

They would find their way through this, together, though she hoped it might be in Moontide, as their new home.
Morningsong
First Fang*
i walk my days on a wire
173 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
sulukinak kept pace, but she kept to the side of dutch and avoided simbelmyne the entire way; when urged with looks or words, she'd speed up or find another route, and while she followed the pair of them, she kept mostly to herself.

oftentimes she would hang back to walk with aditya, sparing only some glances to her friend and his chosen; and she was otherwise silent, and watchful.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
There was an urgent call to the borders and Rodyn left to attend to it. He was surprised to see the wolf Dutch there. And the other one Aditya. That wolf had recently been to look for him. How strange that he would be here right now.

So they needed Shelter. A grave weight settled atop his shoulders as he realized more mouths to feed, more potential children. More everything. And it would fall upon him to be responsible for all of them. Even Heph would possibly be welcoming children and Chakliux had just had. There was so much, Rodyn for a moment felt a crushable feeling of defeat and sadness, but he pressed it away with determination. He could do this, even if he was alone mostly. He could ask Chakliux to step up and Phox and the other males would just need to do more.

Rodyn looked them all over with yellow eyes, the edges softening. But he stood firm as he always did.

Hello Dutch. You and yours seek shelter?

An ear tilted forward. What do each of your wolves specialize in so I may find them a place among our pack.

he had no doubt they could house them. They had the room. It was the potential pups that were a frightening prospect.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
this whole business of pelts and trading was all new to him, but he took it in stride, carrying what he could. he noticed sulukinak kept her distance from the other woman and was happy to walk quietly with her.

a spar for his son's heart, perhaps? jealousy?

he smiled to himself a few times, ruefully happy that dutch was so desired—yet hoping for the best outcome for all.

when they arrived, adi caught arjun's eye and smirked, finding the subtext between the words. i'll do, his wry gaze replied. that being said, he was tired.

he gave rodyn a respectful nod and at the question, chimed in.

i can only speak for myself; i know i am an old man, but i can help keep your borders marked and watch over your coming pups, aditya said. i can also try to fill your caches with small game—but the hares were always faster than me, even at my best, he added, chuckling.
Morningsong
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
492 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
He knew Rodyn mainly in passing, and as a name spoken fondly of by the likes of Chakliux and Heph and Kukutux and Ariadne. He'd been left with the impression of a strong and stalwart man, and seeing him in the flesh, the panther was far from disappointed. But he thought he sensed a threadiness to the other man; an unexpected fragility. Of course, the death of his wife must still weigh heavily upon him — but Dutch could not help but wonder if there was more.

His gratitude was amplified by his pity; he worked very hard to allow only the former to shine through his burnished gaze. So, although he was surprised by the lack of pleasantries, Dutch was quick to chime in with his own assurances after his father had given his.

"I am a strong hunter," he said to the other man, still studying him with care. "I will strive to see your caches fuller than they were before our arrival — but I can help protect the borders and watch the children as well."

He looked to the women.
Morningsong
Sage*
130 Posts
Ooc — Jess
The scarred, earth-toned man greeted them, and welcomed them into their midst graciously. Courteously, he asked for their specialties so that they might be fit in with the current ranks; a notion which made Simbelmyne slightly nervous. 

Would they be dissolved, then, if they joined the pack? Would Dutch’s authority no longer carry?

She told herself not to worry; perhaps Rodyn was merely trying to figure out what assets they might bring. Once Aditya and Dutch had spoken, she stepped forward, to Dutch’s side. Aditya’s casual voice brought a smile to her lips. The man was humble, agreeable. 

”Peace be,” She said with a gentle bow of her head. ”I am Simbelmyne Morningside. I can hunt, fish…Learning how to make pelts. I have minded children before, as well,” Her specialities did not differ greatly from the others, but any increase in hunters must be helpful.
Morningsong
First Fang*
i walk my days on a wire
173 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
the man wanted to know them. one by one the others answered and their voices filled the air; her dutch man and his father, then simbelmyne, and when all expectation fell upon sulukinak to do the same she shrank shyly in to her silence.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn dipped his head.I apologize for my brusque tone. I didn't want to make you dally at our borders if you wanted to rest and relax. You have traveled far.

Rodyn tilted an ear and shifted. Or we can perhaps find you a place nearby and bring you into the moon family.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Morningsong
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
492 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
Sulukinak's silence was noted by the panther, who offered only a quick, "She hunts with me as well," before allowing conversation to glide by. He didn't guess the girl wanted to be talked about any more than this.

"There is no need to apologize," Dutch assured the other man. "You bless us already with your welcome. We have not spoken much, you and I, but I hold many in Moontide dear to my heart. The seal hunters are who I hope to settle nearest to — and Sumac and his wife. He is a brother of mine."

His tail fanned at his hocks.

"I can show my family to the lodge," he said, still thinking that Rodyn seemed tired. "After we've rested, we will make ourselves useful." A warm smile. "Perhaps you and I can hunt together?"