Hushed Willows Run along now, don't be glum
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,493 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Whenever you have time <3
Her return to the willows was a quiet affair. She settled beside the Opal Lake to clean the wound along her foreleg, already imagining how Everett might react. She'd been reckless. It could have been so much worse; her daughters could have been orphaned.

Briefly Reverie considered calling to @Reina, letting the woman tend her wound. She was more than capable of tending to herself, but finding the will to do so was an unexpected obstacle. It just didn't seem as pressing as it should have. For that same reason she decided against calling for the healer; what did it matter? What did any of it matter?

She just wanted to be alone.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Hushed Willows
Singer
161 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
The children had grown tired of her den, wanting to explore their new home. Or, at the very least, a place where they can at least shelter lest Reverie decided otherwise. Reina knew that there was that chance, and she had not a clue what the next steps would be, but it was neither here nor there at the moment. No, right now, she was to enjoy the time with Carnelian and Peridot as much as she could and show them the beauties of Hearthwood.

One of those beauties had laid herself upon Opal Lake’s edges. The red healers eyes softened at the sight of her. Her heart sped and slowed at the same time the nearer the three ventured closer. She called out with a bark, alerting Reverie to the three’s presence.

As they drew nearer still, Reina spotted a noticeable wound on the golden female’s foreleg. “Reverie. What happened? You’re hurt.” She had swiftly settled herself close enough to inspect the wound if Reverie allowed.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,493 Posts
Ooc — xynien
As if she'd heard her thoughts, Reina appeared, trailed by the two youths she'd brought with her from Moontide. There was something oddly familiar about them. Reverie didn't linger on it long.

It's alright, She reassured Reina softly, tucking her leg closer to prevent the inspection. Why don't you introduce me to your friends? Her eyes drifted to the yearlings, light with curiosity. If she couldn't be alone, she could at least avoid being fussed over. Besides, it was important to know those in her pack, and it seemed as if these two were here to stay.
Hushed Willows
Singer
161 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Reina nodded, respecting Reverie’s refusal; she was capable of tending to herself, if needed. But, it didn’t stop the question in her eyes as she regarded the female. What have you been up to, Angel?

The question died there as Reverie distracted her with a gentle question of her own. Turning to the children, she smiled, nodding to the boy first, then the girl. “This is Carnelian and Peridot. While I was at Moontide, I found these two. They had been at the bottom of the cliffs, of all places!” She clucked her tongue, but she grew somber as the memory came back to her. 

“Little Peridot was hanging on by a thread, teetering between here and the afterlife. Thank goodness for Kukutux and Tuft.” She reached out to give the shivering girl a gentle, comforting touch between the eyes. “Carnelian, bless his soul, was lucky enough to be in better health. Though, I refuse to imagine how quickly that could have changed if I had not arrived at the Cliffs when I did.” 

She turned to Rev. “I guess I can thank Tybault for that…the brutish man.”

She had said the last part under her breath, though she found herself uncaring if Reverie heard the words. Tybault’s presence had not made their journey from—and back—home enjoyable. But, she was grateful she had gone, nonetheless, for now she had these two.

“I am sorry I did not send word ahead of bringing them with us. I…I just couldn’t leave them. Tuft and Minnow had tried to help search for anyone who might claim them as theirs, but they came up empty handed.”

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,493 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Carnelian and Peridot. She nodded as Reina spoke, gaze drifting between the two siblings. It sounded as if they'd been through quite a bit at their young age. What better place for them than Hushed Willows, then? Reverie shook her head when Reina apologized for their unannounced arrival.

They're welcome here, She said softly to her friend. Then she turned to address the yearlings. I'm Reverie - Medeiros, She hesitated slightly over the use of her surname, reminded of Lestan. He'd been so proud of his heritage. Maybe it was time to try the same. You'll be safe here. Soon we'll be traveling together, as a pack. The journey will be long, but we'll protect you.
Hushed Willows
Singer
14 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
It was odd for Peridot to speak before her brother. Maybe it was this place, Hearthwood in the Hushed Willows, where she felt safe enough. Or, maybe it was the mention of a name that, apparently, they shared with the golden female.

“Me—Medeiros? You’re a Medeiros?” Her head whipped to eye her brother, who also seemed to be shocked by the revelation. This woman, Reverie, did not seem familiar, but the longer she looked, the more she noticed the lineage in the tone of her coat and the presence in her eyes. In their mother’s eyes, whom she had not seen in so long.

Who was she to them?
Hushed Willows
Dancer
17 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Carnelian had moved to his sister’s side as she spoke. The shock he felt that she outspoke him was overshadowed by the shock of Reverie’s surname. Another Medeiros? Here? He had thought they had been left behind in the Gilded Sea. At least, they were lost to both him and his sister, so they might as well have been left behind. 

“Dottie, leave it alone…” He hushed her. They trusted Reina, but they had only just met this Reverie Medeiros. She appeared kind and welcomed them easily. But, he knew the world was unkind and the people were no different.
Hushed Willows
Singer
161 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Just as Reina was about to speak her gratitude to Reverie, Peridot spoke, her words incredulous, but timidly so. Carnelian had come up beside his sister, cutting off her questions. “Children, what is going on? You are supposed to thank her, you know. Where are your manners? Yes, she’s a Medeiros, Peridot.” She was absolutely confused by their behavior. 

“Rev, I’m sorry. I’m not quite sure what’s gotten into them.” She shook her head.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,493 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie was quiet for a moment, perhaps a touch perplexed by the conversation that played out before her. It's alright, She assured Reina when she finally spoke. But her eyes drifted back to the girl. There was only one reason she would know that name.

Are you from The Gilded Sea? Reverie asked carefully, eyes flitting between the siblings. Yes, there was something very familiar about them. She just didn't understand it yet.
Hushed Willows
Singer
14 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
There was nothing negative in the woman’s gaze, but she couldn’t help to shrink underneath it. Her tremors had started anew, making her feel unsteady as she tap-danced nervously. 

The woman of gold gently prodded a question in her direction, though she mostly certainly would have been satisfied by either Peridot or Carnelian’s answer, the girl was sure. So, she did what she did best; she allowed her brother to front the conflict—even though there was none to be found. 
Backing away, eyes whaled and non-blinking, she found herself behind him and Reina, in the safety of their shadows.

This was safe. This was where she needed to be.
Hushed Willows
Dancer
17 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Reina PP’d in this post, go ahead and skip her for now!

Carnelian watched his sister internally combust, not surprised her response to Reverie’s question was shrouded in cowardice. His sister had always been a nervous wreck. Momma would task him to watch over her as they grew, to stay close and protect her. That promise has not broken and will continue to stay unbroken. So, he stepped up, putting himself between the golden woman and his brittle sister.

“We are…” He had turned to Reina as he paused, giving a silent apology that he hadn’t discussed their past with her. He received a soft smile and a shake of her head; thankfully, she understood. His gaze returned to Reverie, then. “We are also Medeiros—from the Gilded Sea.”

He heard the intake of breath from Reina at the revelation. It was clear to him that it was a significant piece of information, though he didn’t know why. There was nothing good that came from being a Medeiros. Nothing at all.