Noctisardor Bypass You can tell me that I'm crazy
Swiftcurrent Creek
Kappa
Gentle doesn't mean weak
983 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Private 
A day too late and a dollar short as it goes. This was Etienne. He made it to the bypass and looked sround in horror. A shuffled had been present. The tangy scent of herbs and wolf. And add to it that there was no more lingering scent of Heda or Druid. But Etienne could smell the babies. Or at least some.

He whimpered afraid of what he might find, but he headed towards the strongest. A feeling if fear growing with each step. Absolutely certain now that Anselm had not just left. That this land was cursed.

timoun piti, ti bebe
Pledged
20 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tysm for starting <3
Goldfinch crept from the shadows a wild-eyed, trembling thing, her furs a dull tangle along thinning flanks. She'd hidden from the chaos, and somewhere in the hiding, she'd lost all sense of time and herself. But even before that she'd felt it fading. Even before that she'd felt the fear seeping in.

Yet she recognized Etienne. He wasn't quite like the others. Goldfinch stepped closer, her familiar flitting from the shade of the treeline to join her. After a few moments she relaxed, and her head tilted in silent questioning. He'd left, hadn't he? Or did he mean to stay again?
Typically accompanied by a male American goldfinch.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Kappa
Gentle doesn't mean weak
983 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
The tiny bedraggled thing that met him tightened his heart. It was hard to breathe. Was this his fault somehow? For leaving? For loving a man who didn't love him? Would the punishment ever cease for those around him.

He had taken her mother for just as if he had forced her to take the poison himself. Because he had given it to her to use as she saw fit. Oh gods.

Goldfinc'!

He moved closer tutting under his breath. Look at this. Oh gods. Precious.

He stopped to sniff at her. He wanted to crush her to his chest. He wanted to squeeze her and love her. he wanted to pull the tangles from her fur. Because a child should not look at him with eyes full of fear.
Pledged
20 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The shock and concern in the man's reaction to Goldfinch startled her, but the girl softened some, too. Etienne had always been gentle with her; kind. Her familiar settled on the ground, vocalizing so softly that Goldfinch herself scarcely heard it. She smiled wearily at Etienne.

Another step brought her closer. Her sharp eyes darted over him for a moment, intense and searching. Stay? Goldfinch questioned in a high, thin voice. Her hopes were not high. No one else had stayed.
Typically accompanied by a male American goldfinch.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Kappa
Gentle doesn't mean weak
983 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne saw her startle and he froze. Not wanting to move. He didn't know what had fully happened. But it was clearly awful. And he hated @Heda all over again for leaving Druid's children to this. Had she even bothered to take them with her? Or even try.

She moved closer and Etienne broke his frozen stance to sniff her over, lick her face if she'd let him.

Goldfinc' is you 'ungry? Is you 'urt? Wut you be needin'?

He sniffed at her again concern mounting. Had her mother bit her. Had she seen her mother die. Had her auntie hurt her?

He knew how awful it was to watch you rloved ones die.

Her question broke his heart and for the first time in his life he felt a pang of annoyance at his sister, but he quickly pushed it away. She had not known this would happen.

I cannot. I 'ave promised Suzu I would take care of 'er little babies, my neices and nephews. But you come wit' me? Goldfinc" you come stay wit' me? Or I can visit all dey time. I will not ever leave you alone for long. You come wit me?