Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Rodyn bent his broad back and strong paws to the task of marking spots as moonwoman and Nantahala had suggested. He carried pelts and he cleared brush. Made a few caches in case of.

Dirt painted his face in muddy streaks and clods stuck to his paws. Blades of grass interwoven in his pelt of russet, but he paid it no mind.

A soft snatch of a working song that Samani had often sang curled in his throat. And he worked.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
akmaaksi listened. she was always listening. 

this was rodyn. husband to samani. father to panuk and rolayne. 

he sang a song she had heard many times by now. 

the girl approached a cleared space, passing her paw over one of the pelts.

samani was also gone. panuk and rolayne had no anaa. 

akmaaksi wondered if mothers would always face that possibility.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was not alone long. A small one was there. One of Ariadnes brood he believed, but he hadbeen unable to keep track of all the children. Gone too long for trade.

Hey. A soft hello for he didn't want to startle her.

That ones caribou. That one was hunted a few winters ago. I also have some bison, muskrat, fisher and elk.

He rubbed a paw over his face in an attempt to clear the muddy streaks, but only added more. He shrugged.

Did you come to see what was going on?
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
her ears lifted in surprise, then splayed.

akmaaksi had forgotten she was not alone. unable to meet his eyes, but willing to stay, she bobbed her head in a nod.

caribou.

muskrat. fisher. elk. it made her nervous to think of so many things at once.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn tried to make himself smaller. This one seemed shy and unsure. And he didn't wish to scare or upset her.

Do you like to hunt? Or work furs?

He settled to his haunches then. Unsure.
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
again, the nervous plucking at the caribou skin.

she shook her head, then nodded. she did not like to leave long enough to hunt. but grandmother and moondoe had taught her to scrape the pelts, to wash them, soak them, stretch them, chew them.

akmaaksi concentrated on a beetle crawling away from them both.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
oh she reminds me a bit of Ajei. Precious babe

She tugged at the caribou skin. Rodyn was at a loss. What did he do here? Both his boys had been quick and talkative. Even panuk despite his bouts if silence talked easily.

He shifted. Well, do you want me to keep talking or do you just want to hang out here near me? Either one is good. I can show you where the different packs will go?
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<3 they could meet!

there was little ability in akmaaksi to make any choice.

rodyn offered to show her more places. the girl nodded again and shyly moved beside her akka, trying to see where the beetle had gone before she followed where the trader led.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
sure she's in Moonspear mostly but I can move her for a thread.

He tilted an ear and nodded. Correcting his stride so it wasn't too long for her.

I invited many packs. Moonglow of course will greet most as will moontide. But I was thinking. There's a pack called Raventhorpe they live closer to forest. So I was thinking they'd like here

He led her to a spot nesr the woods on the side. Small comforting spot. He hoped he was being a good guide
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
silently she trotted beside him. moontide. moonspear. moonglow. moonsong. morningsong. raventhorpe.

that last one did not fit. it was not supposed to fit; the sound was meant to be different.

her heart leapt. how many? how many other names were coming?

they were raven people. hm. she studied the forest, then agreed with a nod. it was a good place.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
He did not know what she was thinking. But he could see she was. A quiet introspective girl. Gods he hoped the world was good to her.

He nodded sagely and smiled. Actually you might be able to help me if you want. There is a pack that is near mine on the coast. Called Sapphique it is home to fierce brave women leaders. They live on the coast near sea cliffs. I can't quite decide where to put them. They don't like to be right in the midst of the groups, but they are avid hunters and strong and they do participate. Just prefer to relax in their own space. So somewhere a little bit secluded but still right there so they're included.

He looked around thoughtfully.
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
rodyn asked after her help; akmaaski flicked her gaze up as far as his chest in surprise. but not the bad sort, she found in the next moment.

anticipation.

the coast. she had not seen the sprawl of sand and tide before, and could not see it in her mind. but the rest was understandable, and so slowly akmaaksi began to pick her way along the bank.

reserved gait brought them to a clearing of light earth, surrounded by trees but open to the water. did they swim? maybe they could use the current there, carry themselves to the hunt. akmaaksi almost laughed at the image in her head. but she was quiet. what did akka think?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn found her interest peaked. Even if she didn't look right up at him. But it was a start. He was trying right.

Rodyn followed her silently. She had picked an easy enough trail and they were not so far removed that they would be unable to be involved. No it suited them he felt.

He nodded looked around. Nice covering but not so far removed. Water for the swimmers. I think this is just perfect for them.

He looked down at her eyes twinkling. What do you think about boy leaders. Not much older than you. Where would they like to be.
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
sapphique. a place of reserved, strong women. that did not sound like sunshine ways, at least to keep yourselves apart.

boy leaders. like her? older. akmaaksi started a new search, finding a perch of stone wide enough for two to stand on. below it, high shrub gave cover for anyone who accompanied them.

her ears twitched; she glanced at rodyn out of her eye-corner. what did he think? he had not said the name of this village with the boy leaders.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had learned of the sea queens. And they preferred women. He usually had Heph visit them, because it made them more comfortable. But he had no problems with them. Even had a peaceful existence nesr them.

Rodyn thought if the youths of Kvarsheim. Reserved, but not wary. He hoped they did well and learned to be great.

I think the younglings of Kvarsheim will like this. You know they speak a different language. And their pelts are very different colors.

He looked around. I met a group of wolves that live in palaces in the desert. They live a life of luxury. Akashingo and Muat Rya. Where do you think we should put them that they'd be comfortable.
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
raventhorpe. sapphique. kvarsheim. akashingo. muat-riya.

her ears trembled.

desert. the sun. after another time of exploration, akmaaksi lifted her paw to a rounded place not far from the forest's edge. set apart, it was bathed in a spill of sunlight, ringed by a scattering of birch trees.

she stopped again, waiting for yet another detailing of the place she had found.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn could have easily found most of these places. He could have allowed the girl to wonder without truly looking. But a small part of him guessed at least, that she wanted to be needed. That she wanted to help. Even if she couldn't voice it.

He followed behind her. Her eye for detail and the descriptions he gave quick to match up. She did extremely well.

In the valley where the boys from Kvarsheim live. There were two other packs Swift Current and BearClaw. They make their homes near rivers and ina deep valley surrounded on either side. Only one entrance into Bearclaw that I saw. Both mysterious but polite.
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
for swiftcurrent, akmaaksi returned to the main waterway, following it into a smaller stream where willow and maple reached out over the current.

and for bearclaw valley, a pile of stones crawling with lichen and moss, which at first seemed only stones, and then became a cave which kept its shadow even as the sun shone down.

akmaaksi gave a single, small wag of her tail as she paused for rodyn.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn wound his way through her paw steps. Finding the waterway and near it the maples and the willows. A smile. Oh it was gorgeous and looked a lot like their home. Those from the creek would be happy here. He had no doubt.

The cave even he had not seen it. He poked his head in and gave a cursory sniff. Being sure there were no predators for them and all he smelled was dirt and moss.

These will work wonderfully. We will make sure to help them find furs.

A small little smile and another twinkle in his eye. Two packs on mountains. One is very open, near Moonglow. Brecheliant. They are kind and sweet. One near the sunspire mountains. Secretive and a bit strange. They believe they are above others, but they will come to see what they can win. La Muerte
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
brecheliant. set further back toward moonspear, this one had stone at its back and a fringe of conifers veiling it from the other camps, but a path of wildflowers invited a visitor to look.

la muerte. it would be the highest camp, not quite overlooking but guarded by two twisted rocks which reached high, crawling with roses of deep maroon.

she was enjoying this, akmaaksi realized, for she found she had not been anxious this entire time.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
He had a feeling that the wolf Maia and her family would enjoy this spot. And the huntress Amalia. They were removed and yet present. This was nice.

The rose covered rocks were beautiful and he took a moment to delight in their smell, but was mindful of the thorns.

Only one left to find a place for. A place call Sun Mote Copse. And they live in a valley with lots of sun and brambled loam. They are kind and decent wolves. My friends.
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
sun mote copse. it was a welcoming name, and so akmaaksi wound back along their travelpath and found a place along the main path where they might be seen by others. it was a spot ringed by yellow flowers; bees bobbed to and fro here, and the trees provided a contrast of deep green against the buttergold sunlight.

for a long moment she looked at it before her eyes found rodyn's shoulder, as far as she dared this time.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
A small smile then and a nod. He tilted and looked. Yellow gaze on the land.

That's perfect. You have helped me so wonderfully. Thank you.

A tilt of his ear.We can take a break and get some water and some meat I have nearby. You hungry?
Moonglow
Sigma
50 Posts
Ooc — ebony
can fade here! tysm <3

praise was something akmaaksi enjoyed in silence. therefore she did not recognize what he had said with more than a shy duck of her head.

hunger was indeed evident, and the girl stepped back toward her akka, ready to continue where he led.

from time to time, she looked back at the spread of planned camps.