Moonspear i'd rather be on my own, yes
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra nodded her head to the others thanks. After a thoughtful beat, Hydra considered for a moment. These wolves were sea wolves; she did not expect them to depart from their lifestyle. Nor was that a desire of hers truly. Hydra could see more than a majority of the coast from her homestead, and knew there was a coastline nearer to her than perhaps Yings was. For her to consider moving at all was what led Hydra to her own assumption that Ying was none too close. While Hydra could see the coast, she could not see the telltale sign of those that might populate it. 

So, that thought in mind, Hydra hummed: Perhaps before returning home, you could explore the coastline nearer to Moonspear. There is a Bay alongside a Grove that you might like... she hummed with a wave of her tail. Or perhaps you might prefer the Grove itself, she drawled. Ying spoke then of her smaller cousin; Hydra again found herself nodding just before asking What is their name? Though the matriarch did not doubt she would know of their relation from accent alone, Hydra always preferred to be certain. It seemed as though they might be coming here, or else was discussing such things elsewhere... she wondered at that. 

In any event, Hydra drawled: I should tell you. There are two wolves out there in the wild, somewhere, presently at large; Merrick, and Astara, she informed, before telling Ying of what she had heard them to look like. The solitary eye, the burnished furs; a creature black as wraith, a strange girl. The boy Merrick seeks to harm those who cannot defend themselves, I have heard tell—innocent children. Sometimes others, she thought of the mercenary. He does not know I look for him. It is best it stays this way. His companion seems to aid him; be it her whim or not, I care not to let vengeance outlive him. He accompanied the woman Caiaphas once, she finished. 

It was wolves like those Hydra would protect this Wilderness from. It was why she would be unrelenting in her own desire to claim it and take down any who might think to turn fang against her own. The blood she would see in return would be nothing next to what those mongrels had shed—they would know every modicum of pain they had brought onto others through her own terrible deliverance of evil. The hard look in her eyes revealed as much without her saying so; if Ying was a protector, as she said she was, she would know the look well.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Ying - February 21, 2020, 08:09 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 08:35 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Ying - February 21, 2020, 08:43 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 08:55 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Ying - February 21, 2020, 09:06 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 09:28 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Ying - February 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 10:20 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Ying - February 21, 2020, 10:40 PM
RE: i'd rather be on my own, yes - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 11:24 PM