Duck Lake No one dies from love; guess I'll be the first
Pledged
Party City
1,546 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I'm so sorry for all this dialogue
She died, yes, and it was all my fault; but that wasn't what she meant to tell him now. Reverie thought for a moment, considering how best to condense all of it into something that might actually get her point across. He held her with his eyes as much as his arms; that feeling again, that safety. It's a long story. But - after it happened, I was very sick. I felt... like it was still happening, all the time. I couldn't speak or sort herbs or dance, and I never remembered to take care of myself. All I could do was remember. At first everyone seemed to understand, except my parents - but then... they got tired of it. I wasn't useful anymore and I couldn't do what they wanted or feel the way they thought I should, and I wasn't getting any better. They wanted to forget about me, I think, Even summarized, she felt she was speaking too much, but these were the important parts. Then there was another fire, just like the one that -
She swallowed. I ran, and I didn't stop. And I thought it was for their sake at first, because I was such a burden. But then I realized - I was just tired of it all. Living in fear of my parents and guilt over all my siblings' expectations and disappointment. My brothers and sisters were always kind, but it was... empty and sad because they were always thinking about what I should be. I had to leave.
I just want you to know that I understand what it's like to want to... heal on your own terms. If you never want to talk about why you left, then you don't have to. But if you ever do, I promise to try to give you as much space as you need for your own feelings about it. You don't have to worry about - dealing with my reaction too.
She felt a little shy then; she had opened up and reached out in the same breath (metaphorically, at least...), and that required a lot of courage for someone who feared so many things. But she didn't look away from him.
Messages In This Thread
RE: No one dies from love; guess I'll be the first - by Reverie - January 16, 2023, 03:11 PM