The Heartwood do you remember, how it felt when we were young
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra blinked at him, and drawled lowly: you were gone long before the earth shook. And you never returned; not once. Not to tell us you lived still—not for anything. I cannot understand it, she spoke, ears pressing forward some as she continued: not when you know how we feel toward that, her tail lashed behind her. I thought you were dead. The last I saw of you, there was your blood, bears blood; Arcturus and I searched for you, and they had found nothing. Had he not once thought of them throughout? Was he so singleminded? 

His fears, his desires; well, he lived a life suited to it now. The life of a lone wolf, if he did not return to the Nightwalkers, or go wherever else his feet might take him. Hydra did not suppose it would be Moonspear now, not when the wind had never blown his sails in that direction before. She did not want him there anyway, not as he was—

Hydra continued, gaze not at all warm upon him: and then, as it turns out, you were not dead. You trespassed into packlands; something I know I deliberately warned you against when you were a boy. You are not a boy anymore, Revui, nor were you when you trespassed; you are free, now, and you used your freedom to work for your captors. Not to return to those who had come to protect you, her tail lashed behind her and her muzzle wrinkled. Hydra did not suffer fools very well, and to think Revui one! It pained her, but he painted no prettier picture for her. He was lucky he was not dead, but here and now Hydra did not think luck was the word she would place upon him. 

The matriarch took a step back from him, disappointment clear upon her once indifferent features. Return to Moonspear only when you are ready to become a man, truly, and you remember the meaning of loyalty and are prepared to be all of that. Now is not that time, clearly, she drawled, dignified enough not to scoff, and we have too many cubs to care for to support one more. Her features had shifted again to stoicism, and the Queen of the Wilderness gave him one last long look before she turned on her heel to depart the scene. They had at long last ended their search, and Hydra had no more time to spare for the wolf who could spare none of it for them in kind.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
do you remember, how it felt when we were young - by Hydra - December 31, 2019, 12:12 PM
RE: do you remember, how it felt when we were young - by Hydra - January 09, 2020, 04:01 PM