Moonspear The future in my heart
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra could not permit herself to think. To feel. The day had not yet ended, and the slaughtering was not yet done. As she pulled @RIP Desdemona upward, nearer to the stars and to where their family, those who had not fallen from grace or from great heights, would rest. Sisters, brothers—she could not dare to think daughters, sons. Too young, all of them. Much too young for death. With @Tehama and with @Antares Hydra carried the spidery waif.

But as her sister spoke, soft and quiet, Hydra realized she had slipped into the thoughts she hoped to never think. The loudness of her mind suddenly was brought to stillness as she let go of Desdemona and the weight of her. A moments pause as she called to @Dirge. She was suddenly aware of the absence of her shadow; there was a new and alarming nakedness she felt by this loss, and she could feel the tip of the blade again pressed against her as her gaze then fell to Keres. 

More blood. A sight she never minded from her enemies, but could not stomach from those dearest to her. For but a moment, Keres would have the chance to see the soft and loving heart of her that existed, the size of it known to none. But any who guessed at it would be incorrect in their estimate of how much she carried. Hateful though Hydra could be, the love she carried was ten times the size of that.

The crunch of snow caused Hydra to whip around and snarl, softness disappearing in a blink as though Keres' final breaths held the power of Medusas stare. Again Hydra was stone, remembering her role. Protector. And while she could not protect Keres from death, were this some other enemy Hydra would protect them, save them, save someone—

Kukutux. An exhale, and Hydra's edges seemed to smooth. But she did not soften again, and Hydra looked to Keres for one long and final movement. The look shared had already expressed all Hydra could not find her tongue capable of speaking. Her voice would break if she spoke. Perhaps she would, too. Hydra looked to Kukutux, drawing near. Bring her comfort, she breathed for her ear alone. Say the things that I cannot. 

She needed to return to the Glen. Find her sons, ensure all was well there with @Atlas and @RIP Osiris

And with that, Hydra moved to go... slowly, at first, in case Keres wished her to remain with her. Ears backturned, in case she had anything else to say.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
The future in my heart - by Keres - January 13, 2021, 02:15 PM
RE: The future in my heart - by Kukutux - January 14, 2021, 02:16 AM
RE: The future in my heart - by Hydra - January 14, 2021, 11:23 PM
RE: The future in my heart - by Keres - January 15, 2021, 12:33 AM
RE: The future in my heart - by Antares - January 15, 2021, 01:49 AM
RE: The future in my heart - by Kukutux - January 15, 2021, 03:07 PM
RE: The future in my heart - by Conquest - January 16, 2021, 06:20 PM
RE: The future in my heart - by Hydra - January 18, 2021, 11:54 PM