Moonspear so i waited many years, held back the pain behind my tears
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She heard him come, and acknowledged it with the backward cant of one ear until the star faded into its own oblivion. When he said her name, Hydra looked to him; there was no trace of anger upon her features. If anything, there was a measure of understanding there that lingered; for Hydra had learned many things too—

Too much pride could be ones demise. Her father was unrelenting in the pride of his loins; Amekaze had killed him for it, in the end. 

True loyalty was difficult to find. She had thought her father loyal to her mother above all; but it did not turn out so. No, he had been loyal to his ideals. In the end, he had gotten what he had desired. Hydra could not yet think he had also got what he may have deserved. She could never think it. Hydra could not bear to think of him dead, but... 

Those that seemed good, that smiled and were sweet, were likely not. Speedy. A dishonest snake in the grass who had earned the trust of their fellows, only to be the instigator of all that had ever transpired. Speedy. 

And she became more confident in the things she had always known, too. Blood could mean everything, but it could be nothing. Revui had left once again, without a word. He had known it was a time of chaos, a time of need. Either the bear was dead, or he was, and if he was not then she would know how little their family meant to him. Hydra determined to rule differently than her father; no one would ask and be given. While family still may come first, everything would be earned. 

Arcturus, she greeted, her blue eyes lingering upon him as she turned. She rose to all fours and approached him swiftly, though there was no malice in her step as she bridged the gap and sought to embrace him in a sisterly hug. The two of them had lost so much in these recent days, but she hoped they would, at the very least, not lose one another.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: so i waited many years, held back the pain behind my tears - by Hydra - June 12, 2019, 08:41 PM