Arrow Lake drowner
all creation myths need a devil
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
Pack Activity 
Mandatory pack meeting for all adult members! Cameos are welcome (especially if your character can't physically make the meeting), and puppy attendance is optional! This first round will last 5 days, and there will be no posting order in subsequent rounds. @Mahler @Aurëwenn @Ingram @Kazimir @Takiyok @Blodreina @Ketzia @Sadiq

before he would take to the vast mountain roads in an effort to bolster their membership, stigmata solemnly called out to diaspora, and bid them to gather near the lake. for a while he sat alone in the quietly buzzing afternoon, glancing out over the water as it rippled and twitched. he watched the flitting flies and the feeding fish, and thought about what he wanted from his wolves... and what they might want in return. his chest seized at the thought of giving any of it away, even for the sake of his pack, but the arrogance he'd once held about his ability to maintain everything on his own had waned considerably since the birth of his children.

no longer a dictatorship, now this was a democracy; and it was time to put things to a vote, lest he make the wrong choice on his own and lose them all anyway. he sat up a little straighter as the first of his pack arrived, but the general remained tersely silent until the majority of them had congregated.

"i will try to make this quick," he said loudly as each of them settled. "but while we are still neighbor-less for the time being, i would like to ask: who here thinks it outlandish to keep these mountains for diaspora? i cannot maintain our creed if the wolves that follow me do not believe in it, and it has come to my attention that most of you look favorably upon creating and maintaining good relationships with other packs. such a concept is foreign to me, as i personally have no want or need to forge alliances, but i am trying to understand what the rest of you need, so that i might... adjust accordingly."
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
light pp of isi given ❤️ keke

[Image: 200.gif]

It’d been some time since she’d heard the General’s call, but the Pionier still heeded it all the same ... well, soon. Only a moment. Then Isilmë wrenched her back into focus, and the silver resumed her current conquest: embedding her fangs that much deeper into the root they tussled over.

So Aure gave a wild toss of her head, kneaded further at the loam, dug her claws in, and growled at her fearsome daughter to best her.

...But that calling ... it only reinforced her mulishness for the day. All it took was an uneasy thought, and just like that, the play session ceased. With a huff in whichever of her tongues, Aurëwen set her end of the battered root down, tranquil— and then she pounced, all crooning, mock-sinister laughter.

She nuzzled her bright girl promptly onto her bum, wedged her snout onto her chest, and delivered a series of tickles in the form of gnaws. Ai na bakonpissy Isi,” Aure toothed, and with a grin and invasive kiss farewell, she rose and scurried from the play-glen with harried, prancing strides — for fear of her baby girl’s revenge.

By the time she reached the site of congregation, her springy ribs quivered without breath and bleary eyes found the face of Stigmata. Ears strained in a rare chance to hear what he had to say, and after they idled for more of the pack to convene, the silver remained mute.

It’d be better to keep her own thoughts in her mind for now, until others had said their piece and could be regarded with consideration. And while she favored to linger with the folk, Aurëwen situated herself nearer to the basilisk and Kapitën all the same; half-sight always argent, always observant.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She and the children rarely spent time in the the den anymore; it was important now that they socialize with the others and begin to learn about pack life. So when the call came from the general, she had first instructed them all to stay put in the clearing that had become somewhat of a rendezvous site for the family. Complaints came from all four pups; they recognized the call as coming from their father, and they were all always jumping at the opportunity to interact with the pack. She sighed, giving them all a stern look as she considered what they were asking for. It wouldn't hurt for them to sit in on the meeting and learn one more aspect of what adult life was like. Alright, she finally said. But, no trouble. It was a command, one that came with the promise of reprimand if they were too rowdy and distracted from the meeting. She stood and gathered a collection of a few of their favorite bones, feathers, and sticks to take with them. She knew it would be hard for them to sit quietly, and so the toys would keep them occupied until they undoubtedly passed out. It was their usual pattern: play hard, sleep hard, repeat. Mouth full of toys, she motioned for them to follow and all four excitedly bounded to her sides.

When she arrived, she nodded her greeting to Aure and then to Stigmata before finding a spot that would allow the children to spread out a little without causing too much of a distraction. She dropped the collection of objects on the ground in front of the pups and then settled down to keep watch as they busied themselves with their, so far, quiet play.

When everyone had gathered and Stigmata finally spoke, she was not surprised to hear the subject of the meeting. He, of course, already knew how she felt about it, but she spoke up anyway. Aliances are not part of our goal, Taki started. Claiming the mountains is, and it may take us a while to build the strength to maintain such a vast territory, but that doesn't mean we need to make friends with everyone in the meantime. It might be the unpopular opinion, but that had never stopped her from speaking up before, never one to care much what others thought about her.

Her gaze moved to the children briefly as they played or watched their adult packmates with interest. Satisfied with their continued good behavior, she focused her attention back on the general to wait and see what everyone else had to add.
Inuttuk
Common

144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
The howl roused her from nightmares and she jolted, head lifting up as she peered around. It took a moment to realise it had been Stigmata calling a meeting. She peered down at her missing leg, the wound not raw and bloody anymore but still not ready to handle much. Shed been lying still for long enough and decided the short distance to the meeting wouldn't hurt. Slowly she struggled to get up with one foreleg and then took the next few minutes to arrive in the middle of what Stigmata asked. She was wrong, it had hurt very badly and she dropped her rear to the ground exhaling slowly so she wouldn't make a sound of pain. 

She remained silent her expression thoughtful as she listened to Takiyok give her opinion. She slowly nodded though for once she seemed hesitant. Why should she have a say in anything when she was now crippled and wouldn't be productive for a while? Yes it had been done hunting for the pack and protecting their land and pups but even so...she was useless. She looked at the ground her normally fiery eyes void of their spark as she chose to remain silent for the time being.
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
revenge was on her mind, and she rested only a moment before lurching to her paws and following fiercely after her mother, tail high and moving with a kind of running stalk. it wasn't Aure alone that she found, however, rather, the adults all seemed the be gathering. first came upset - without her? and look, there were other pups here, too! but this all looked rather important, and so despite the overwhelming desire to start another fight with her mother, the girl instead stalked in what she assumed was a very adult-like manner towards her mother, sitting stiffly at her side and attempting to appear for all the world as if she belonged there.
453 Posts
Ooc —
Dragomir came from elsewhere in the territory than the rest of his family, having been stalking a very small mouse for the majority of his morning. He never caught it, but he got close a few times. It was too swift for him, and then Stigmata's howl rang out over the territory and called all Diasporans down to the water. Dragomir, having now learned that responding to such howls often led to rewards, was quick to heed it.

Unlike Isilmë, Dragomir was in no hurry to grow up. He did not hurry to his mother's side to act like a proper little lord, but instead, made a beeline for the other pups in attendance. Hi! he greeted them breathlessly, settling in on his stomach in hopes they would invite him to play. Eventually, as Stigmata began to speak to the amassed pack, he invited himself in by reaching for a bone that the slightly larger @Monarch was busily worrying. She seemed the smallest and least noisy of her siblings, more like Isi than the others, but she still greeted his effort with a snarl and he backed off.

Temporarily, of course. Dragomir wasn't so easily deterred. But it was a long enough distraction for the boy to crane back his head, fix his mother with a curious hazel look, and nosily ask, What are you talking about?
181 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Like a phantom moving across the mountain, the ivory sylph crept into the meeting without a word. Any who cast eyes upon her was given a small smile, wane as it was, and the pregnant woman settled near the back, her gaze sharp upon Stigmata. She had not seen much of the General these days--knew nothing of what he thought of her fertile form, even. Nor what her pack mates would make of it.

While Ketzia held every intention of keeping quiet during their gathering, it was the question posed that drew a frown to press gently upon her exotic features. Stigmata had made his intentions very clear to everyone from the beginning--if they disagreed, why were they within their ranks and home?

"As stated, it's the creed of the pack. If one disagrees with it, why have they joined our ranks?"

Ketzia was never one to be so harsh--yet the heat of the day and the heaviness that clung to her petite form only fueled her hormones further, and she could not keep the surprise from her voice.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
kom op, praimfaya. blodreina encourages her now adventurous daughter, we've been called. although, largely, this meeting was for the adults of the pack praimfaya was old enough to attend and while reina was glad for her newfound hunger to explore the world outside of the den — mostly because it meant her time spent inside the den was becoming more of a thing of the past and she wouldn't have to suffer her claustrophobia for too much longer — there was a part of the wanlida that wished priamfaya would stop growing up so fast.

trying to corral her was easier in theory. though she understood there was an urgency to stigmata's call ( in whatever abstract way puppies could understand such things ) she wanted to tussle with a squirrel — blodreina shooed the pesky thing off with a snap of her teeth and a gentle albeit firm reminder they had somewhere to be — and then tried to pick a fight with a bird — also scared off by a mother that was trying to be exasperated but found herself amused more than anything else.

eventually blodreina makes it to the meeting place with a curious wanheda in tow, corralling the fearless girl between her front paws as she settles among the others, attention lifting to stigmata and the topic at hand. it reminds her of when they first arrived here and suffice to say, blodreina's thoughts on it hasn't changed since then. she thinks of rusalka and everything that happened between them and drageda ...just by being neighbors. she thinks of her small family: of ingram and praimfaya and knows she'd rather die a thousand deaths than have the very issues she left everything she ever knew for in the first place.

allowing neighbors too close to diaspora poses too much of a risk. competition for food and other resources and eventual disputes that could very well turn into war. her tone makes it clear that if that is the path disapora is taking she would not be apart of it. she would not put praimfaya at risk like that. but these mountains are vast. in my culture we had a kongeda ...a coalition of packs. they all answered to our commander but were essentially branch offs, an extension of the commander's rule. if our numbers were bolstered enough that is an option. create a branch off of diaspora that will still, ultimately, answer to you but will further diaspora's rule upon these mountains and help deter unwanted neighbors. blodreina offers the suggestion.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The call was easily distinguished as Stigmata’s and Sadiq turned his ear to listen. Taking the command to heart he arrived, although slower than many others it appeared. A smile on his lips seeing his nieces and nephews playing with Dragomir. If any might come to him he would greet them, and ultimately come to settle beside his sister.

He listened intently trying to decipher whatever words he could, but the grand meaning was fairly lost on him. He knew they spoke of the pack and alliances, and the mountain? But little else. Surely Takiyok would have to explain later. Not that it mattered. No matter the situation he would follow and back his sister. She had his vote no matter what her thoughts were, they were doubled with him by her side. “I’m with you, whatever you say sister, I agree with you.”

445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
round 2 - no posting order!

listening and watching closely for any telling social cues from among his diasporan peers, stigmata found that those congregated reacted mostly as expected - apart from an anomaly or two.

he noticed first that aurewen had been oddly silent after his direct question. not usually one to go on without speaking once spoken to, he looked at her skeptically for a long moment, before glancing away to kazimir, whose body language radiated with uncharacteristic reticence. @Mahler had previously explained her injury to him, but the general had never considered that her spirit may fail her as she healed.

blodreina's words were somewhat a surprise as well, and his tail wagged slightly as he addressed her. "that is what i hope to achieve here, blodreina. these mountains are to be for our young and their families and followers in the years to come. i envision praimfaya, and dragomir and isilme, with peaks of their own; ruling sister packs to the ones my own children may claim... but i want only to see the blood of diaspora rise to power in these mountains. anyone else is a threat to me."

takiyok and ketzia seemed to be on the same page as him (at least verbally), and though he understood the dangers of the kind of exclusivity he was speaking of, their confidence bolstered his position on the subject. if it didn't seem to scare the wolves he cared about most, then what was he worried about?

sadiq seemed to support his sister no matter what, a fact which stigmata intended to utilize and manipulate to the best of his abilities, but for now his gaze and his thoughts returned to the two quiet ones. "@Kazimir? your silence is deafening. as is yours, @Aurëwenn. are you two against diaspora's vision?"
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
“Forgive me for my impertinence, but you are correct,” she began, allowing her argent gaze to linger upon Stigmata, “I do not agree to such a vision.” With that, she stood, stepping daintily about her moonchild to walk the thoughts in her opposing mind out amongst the others. If such a pack would willingly follow these terms ...it wasn’t one she wished to lead. But she would, in the time she continued on as Pionier, here. Until her beloved came, and whisked their family from this place — a figment she hadn’t yet disclosed to another soul here. 

Throughout her soliloquy, her tone was an even wisp, but fierce in its stubborn storytelling; though never accusatory. “When Rhaesuial’s foremothers and fathers settled into ze Twelve Tines, they weren’t a haven. They were as Diaspora is: ambitious, conquering, even wandersome. As ze first of what would become many, they could have stated their claim to all twelve peaks. They could have let blood over ‘foreigners,’ as you will, who dared to take such settlements from them.” She met each and every eye, both undaunted and listless, mind misted with far-northen histories. “It was only by ze rule of my great grandsire that Rhaesuial settled in ze heart of ze Tines as a haven.”

“He understood that seasons are long, life is precious, which will undoubtedly be at a loss should such ambitious ideas be vaulted. Which is what this vision is. You cannot fill ze mountains with only ze veins of Diaspora; you cannot promise years unending to a line yet to fully flourish. There is ze promise of your words, yes, but what else? Children grow,” Aure pressed, giving a glance to her own sun-and-stars, “and eventually leave their nests. What’s to say that ours won’t abscond these peaks that you bless upon them?” What’s to say they won’t favor ze seas?

Then there was the previous subject of what seemed to be ‘agree to our creed, or vanish’ — Perhaps I just might — was ludicrous, in her mind. Instead, the silver returned to Isilmë, and took her place at her daughter’s shoulder once more; kept her chin high and eyes unwavering, just as resolute in her position as everyone else seemed to be. “Friendliness with alliances isn’t necessary. But alliances should be strong. My choice is singular, unfavorable, even. But, you want to have undisputed reign over ze Spires?” Gaze became piercing, drawn, “It is an entire range, with far too many leagues to cover, preside over. Promising to secure blood of our own for years to come, where anything may change, alliances or no... I cannot agree to it.”
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram hustled after his mate and curious daughter’s scents, bemused by all the sidetracking that appeared to have happened. he rolled up fashionably late, a guilty smile clinging to his features. he had not been close enough for immediate arrival, and so scanned all of the faces of his pack for any meaningful sign of their reason for gathering.

coming along the tail end of blodreina’s speech, ingram mutely sat besides her and assumed whatever opinion his mate had was one he would steadfastly share. nuzzling his daughter and encouraging her to play with the other rowdies in the group, the eyjolfur listened to each piece given, but did not lend his own.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
She lifted her gaze as Stigmata spoke, requesting her opinion as well as Aure's. She wasn't surprised that he wanted her opinion, he had always respected her and encouraged her to rise to her potential. Stigmata....he was one of the only reasons she even did the bare minimum of getting up. Him and Mahler who had talked her out of her illogical disgust of her blood. Diaspora was her home and she had seen the many various dangers that could wreck havoc upon a pack and allowing neighbors was one of the most dangerous in her own opinion.  She listened to Aure give her own opinion and became increasingly confused as the woman continued onward. Hadn't her pack been overthrown by Rusalka before her children could even be born? Diaspora had taken them in and given them a home and she was willing to risk that again, with her kids alive, because of.....morals? 

"I stand with the way we have always been...there are way too many factors that could make having a neighbor go wrong" she began, her voice raspy from lack of use. She cleared her throat and stood up, balance a bit off causing her to sway just a bit. "When food gets low, or we have many children like now and many adult mouths to feed as well, we need all the hunting grounds possible. We continue to grow in number slowly, causing more mouths to feed. Eventually of space will be a thing...so I also think Blodreina has a good option. When we have enough members to safely do so, we could begin conquering the mountains. Select a leader, send them with Diasporians to claim land. New members can go there and here, equally. That way we still grow" the ideas formed as she spoke, her tone that of pure suggestion, she was just tossing it out there.

Then she turned to Aure and the spark in her gaze came back, though she hesitated on how to broach the subject without offending. "It is us over them. That is how life works. Sometimes you cooperate to get through hard times to survive but self always comes before others. In Diaspora the self is the pack. To better our own individual lives, we better the pack. We've been lenient on that before like how we gave you all a home, something that could have proven dangerous if Rusalka decided to follow for any reason" she knew it was harsh but she couldn't hold her tongue as always. "Your children would be safe here if we grow. When we are as strong as we desire to be, if a pack attempts to overthrow us we would prevail. We'd have numbers and strength due to stable hunting. After losing a home once, why would you risk it again now that you have two little beings to raise? I don't like unnecessary conflict and I do think our current ally is a pack of amazing wolves...But family  and pack comes first"  she finished and felt invigorated for all of three seconds before she felt self conscious.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
blodreina spares ingram a glimpse and a small smile, watching as praimfaya — at her father's encouragement — scampers off to play with the other cubs, allowing reina's attention to return to the matter at hand; for while stigmata's words placate her concerns that does not seem to hold true for aurë, who seems to share an opinion opposite everyone else. aurë favors alliances and though blodreina personally disagrees and is, by kazimir's following monologue , not the only one. blodreina notes that kazimir agrees with her it is the tale end of the other woman's speech that doesn't settle well with the wanlida. despite that it seemed aimed at aurë, blodreina can't help but feel that it's also aimed at her ...for they'd both left drageda and were both pregnant when they'd arrived on diaspora's doorstep.

lenient? blodreina doesn't like that word in particular. it makes it feel like they owe diaspora ...like they're not apart of the pack because they joined under unusual circumstances. like no matter how much they contribute: it'll never be enough. to be clear, kazimir ...we chose to leave drageda for the safety of our cubs, because the leader that took over for heda wasn't doing anything about the issue of rusalka on our doorstep. not because we were being hunted. diaspora was never in danger of rusalka chasing after us. if there was one thing blodreina didn't appreciate it was being made to feel like she wasn't appreciated and she was just a charity case who owed a massive debt. have we, she glimpses to ingram, aure and their collective children, and our children not made disapora stronger? have we not aided in bolstering your numbers? have we not contributed like every other wolf present here? she asks glimpsing around. perhaps, blodreina thinks, she misunderstood kazimir's meaning ...but she interpreted it how she had and well, she hadn't interpreted it to be a good thing.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Aurwen spoke first when called upon, and her words had Taki flattening her ears, her expression morphing into one of irritation. Her thinking was exactly what they didn't need here. 

She listened quietly while Kazimir spoke, sufficiently and unnecessarily alienating half the pack in the process, and then her gaze studied the other mother while she spoke, clearly put out by Kazimir's implications, although she seemed to be in agreeement with the pack's mission regardless.

Finally, she raised into a sitting position. We accepted the former Drageda wolves because they needed a place to safely have their children, but they have more than repaid our kindness, She said, gaze moving from Kazimir to Blodreina. Being that, until recently, I relied heavily on the pack to stay fed and protected while my children were too young to leave the den, I can confidently say that I am more than grateful for their presence here, and don't see how bringing this up is helping us come to a conclusion. She stood, then, and turned to Aure, her gaze narrowing. 

It has always been our mission to control the mountains, she started, voice even. I understand that you had a bad history with this kind of mentality, but they are not us, and in order to make our dream possible, we need to be unified in our goals. She paused briefly before adding: Any dissention among the pack could weaken us, and there is no place for that here. She never had anything against the other woman, but their goal meant a future for her children, and she would stop at nothing to secure that for them.
Inuttuk
Common

1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
last post from me, mentions are still fine! ❤️
sry if her change of heart is rushed this post is sponsored by insomnia

And, oh, was her verdict unfavorable!

First came Kazimir, whose own soliloquy began imporlingly and became a biting retaliation mid-way; the Pionier’s scarred guise had since faltered into something still, inscrutable, and would’ve been depthless if not for the faintest touch of a mirthless simper at the corners of her lips. The spark in the she-bear’s gaze was met only with a lift of Aurëwen’s chin: ‘Lenient. If we grow. As strong as we desire to be.’ When will that be, exactly? she wanted to snip—

But then there was Reina, tempest of seaflame, asserting her voice into the terse brew and thus saving Kazimir from the Pionier’s own frightful indignancy—

And then, Takiyok, too, likewise narrowing in on the herbalist with her own incredulity. At this point, all it took were the words ‘No dissention,’ and Aure had already made up her mind. Foolishly, ridiculously naïve of herself; but debate was now banished, yes? Then there was no reason for them to have heralded her here.

If they would not listen to reason, then it was so evident she should leave from here, no?

Gleam in argent eyes shuttering, lashes hooding, the silver promptly rose and excused herself from this congregation with a soft breath for Isilmë to follow. Diadem of sewn rubies held high, singular, she drew Dragomir away with her — away from them all, so that the Diasporians may settle these matters amongst themselves.

Fool that she may be, what was left of her family would remain part of this no more. Their time here ...it had already begun to wane.
61 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Angry words flew between the members of the pack. To fast and complicated for him to understand, Siarut flashed glances between words. Looking to his sister, and Stigmata, and the Kazimir and Blodreina, and finally Aurewen. He read body language and decided that he should remain on his feet. Standing to Takiyok’s side, he watched the other pale woman simple leave. Not another word spoken. His narrowed gaze matched Takiyok’s except electric blue rather than fiery orange.

was she abandoning her pack over a disagreement? forcing her children into life as a lone wolf?

Sadiq was confused. His beliefs were rooted in that of the Aningan Tundra, the pack was everything. When is was almost always winter your only hope of surviving is with the pack, especially if you had youngsters. He looked to Takiyok for clarification, before continuing to watch the strange woman leave.

453 Posts
Ooc —
When Aurëwen failed to answer his question, Dragomir pouted, but ultimately returned to his effort to engage one of Stigmata's cubs. This time he attempted to solicit Mesa, but once more he was warned away by the larger pup. Before he could make a third effort, for Dragomir was resolute as they came, his ears flickered up to the sound of heated voices and he returned his attention to the adults.

He didn't really get what they were arguing about, but he recognized that the ire seemed largely aimed at Kazimir. Dragomir's breast puffed slightly as he prepared to defend his friend, but then he was being pulled away at Aurë's insistence. His brows pinched together with confusion as he scanned the crowd and he hesitated there, torn between staying at the gathering and leaving with his mother. This was, after all, probably the most exciting get together the pack had had since the moose hunt.

In the end, he followed Aurëwen away from the others, none the wiser to the kerosene she was pouring on their bridges.
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram shifted as the conversation turned from discussion to hardened debate; he did not like conflict, and guiltily glanced between his mate and the two women who seemed to be most contested. if stigmata was not there, and ingram was not terrified of appearing a fat waste of badly arranged molecules, he might have entreated all of them to change the subject. after all, they were family, right? he hated to see everyone up in arms like this.

but, ingram didn't say anything. one of the few good things about this old boy was, he had learned when to keep his mouth shut (a startling 180 from the younger ingram, whose mouth often got him in trouble..). he remained steadfast by blodreina, watching praimfaya with a distressed expression. it was only when aurewen rose and collected her brood did the man's attention shift, watching with a solemn sort of worry as the argent strode away on thin heels.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
stigmata was not terribly surprised about the lone dissenter in his group and who it was, but he did find her reasoning to be quite interesting. it seemed she wanted to do what came easiest - or provide the world with some brand of charity he himself did not understand. he wasn't here to build a haven. he wasn't here to construct a sanctuary. and he found nothing in aurewen's response but a deep and overwhelming sense of fear for the variable unknown.

he didn't expect any child of diaspora to love these mountains or stay in them. he only planned for it - strove to make it a possibility. nothing lasted forever, but what was wrong with aiming for greatness? why settle for a glade when there was an entire range of resources to exploit? why take on allies, when it was clear that they did not need them?

kazimir - ever brazen, even unintentionally - ruffled the feathers of blodreina, who he was impressed to find did not even attempt to restrain her retort, and takiyok was swifter than he was to address the matter. he looked at the crippled kazimir pointedly. "though more than half of them who arrived have now left us, those who have remained are the reason we take wolves in. not because of kindness, but because they may repay our loyalty with theirs one day. it is the most precious commodity i can imagine, and surely we owe them as much as they owe us." it didn't matter who had done what deeds the most or who had lain down the roots, because at the end of the day the pack relied on all of them - not just its founders - to survive.

his eyes turned to aurewen. "a pack must run towards the same goal, aurewen, or it is less of a pack and more just wolves moving adjacent to one another." they didn't always need to agree, and the trajectory of the pack could always change, but it would either need to be together or not at all - something he assumed could be understood... but you know what they say about assumptions.

aurewen abruptly gathered her children and left without another word or dismissal from her leader. stigmata should have known then that she had lost all sense of respect for him - not that she had shown much before - but he let her go because he imagined she was hurt over being so thoroughly outnumbered in her ideals. frowning, he made a mental note to correct her departure later, but would never get the chance to have that conversation.

the general looked over the others. "we will let her be for now, but let this serve as a reminder that our vision is not for the soft-hearted. it will take every one of us, and we must all stand together, if we are to ever be successful. be at peace tonight, though, my comrades. you are dismissed."