Ghost Lion Crag In the hall of the mountain king.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra frowned at Towhee's admittance; though she looked alright, Hydra could imagine what the recent events must have been like, but only that. Hydra had never been victim to nature in such a way, though she had witnessed its devastation firsthand. Hydra's head lowered a measure, out of respect for all that Towhee had underwent in recent days and in general. 

It seemed Towhee wanted Hydra to go first, and Hydra would indulge her. She was quiet for a moment before her lips twisted some, and she shook her head as she realized just how much had happened. There really has been a lot that has happened, she gave voice to her thoughts, echoing Towhee's earlier thought. After a beat, she began: Where to even start? I suppose when things most began to change, for herself, for Moonspear, for her family. I have a mate, now, his name is Dirge. Together we have four cubs; Atlas, Antares, Osiris, and Vega. Three boys, and one girl, she revealed, voice uncharacteristically warm (though Towhee would not hear it); she seemed to soften some as she spoke of them. But before they arrived, or I even came into heat, breeding season wrought much chaos. There were two she-wolves that were banished from Moonspear for bearing bastards, one who lied about it to all. She bred with my father, her muzzle wrinkled at that, the memory invoking her detestation of the woman, and her reawakening the old anger she had felt with her father. And lied about it to all. My father came to tell the truth of it; my mother was... infuriated. I was, too; by this time, I was pregnant, given the blessing from my mother and father for cubs of my own... the last thing they agreed upon before their passing was to place me as Moonspear's Queen. My first act was to banish the woman who lied to my family, lied to me... good thing, too, given the famine... all resources were for her children, not bastards she would rather see dead, as I could no longer trust her in my ranks. If she could not respect my mother, or me, and could lie so easily... she could do it again. And likely she would. 

She sighed. The woman had fooled them all. A kind, sweet face and warm eyes... she had looked for love in the wrong place. 

Since then, though, things have... settled, more or less. We are more possessive of nearby territories given the scarcity of food everywhere; my children are growing, and only seem to keep doing so, but to keep it that way they must be fed, and that had been a difficult feat to accomplish, though Moonspear was diligent and worked hard to ensure this was done. Ah, and there is this. There are wolves in the Wilds that hunt young innocents at random, I have recently come to learn. Caiaphas one is called, though she's been called other things... Blackhead, and seawitch, to name some; Merrick, she explained him to Towhee as Andraste had to her, and Astara, explaining her as Vengeance had to her. I was informed that Caiaphas attempted to kill a child of Easthollow; Merrick, a child of Kaistleoki... and Astara, an assistant. They have not succeeded thus far, she drawled, but that does not mean that if allowed, they will not continue in their endeavor. So, along with raising my children and leading Moonspear, I also hunt these wolves though they do not know it, to keep my children safe. Her ears flicked, content to end the story there, where she was comfortable with the rage she felt for those rather than drudge through her old grievances toward her late father.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 02:40 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 02:53 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 03:59 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 04:30 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 05:34 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 06:34 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 06:50 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 10:27 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Towhee - December 03, 2019, 10:57 PM
RE: In the hall of the mountain king. - by Hydra - December 04, 2019, 10:34 AM