the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
backdated to the 5th! tag for reference

Hydra did not go far from the Spear this day. But perhaps @Dragomir might be returning home, and so she lingered on the outskirts near the Glen. @Alya stood somewhere nearby, but Hydra's attention was for all else around her. She could not fathom the thought of him not returning. And she worried; what if these wolves out there attacked him? What if Dirge could not find Dragomir out there? 

She was concerned for his wellbeing and thought not at all, then and there, what his opinion of her might have turned to. Hydra darted forward and snuffed at logs and tree trunks that might have some evidence that he had been here recently. There was the scent of several Moonspear wolves, and his among them in general, but determining whether or not these scents were new or old was the trick there... and she was distracted. 

Hydra just wanted to see him safe and well. She wanted to know he was alright, and well. Another howl came from her then. I am here. Shaking out her furs, Hydra turned to sniff at the earth and make her way toward Moonspear while she searched. She was its sole leader while Dirge was away, and could not go very far.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
118 Posts
Ooc — Me
Norah had recently discovered that her route had taken her through a very densely populated area (to her nomadic standards) and, running into the white dude with the scarred face again, had made her realize that she was not that free to play her schemes, while on her own. Sooner or later she would run into one of the fool's she had already tricked or lied to and despite her superior mental capabilities, she was unable to keep track of all people she had met and messed with. 

Which led to the logical conclusion that, if she wanted to stay here (and she did for purely scientific curiousity - so many people to study and toy with), she needed a powerful background. So that, if she ran into trouble, there would be strong figures, who would not let her to come to harm. But as of yet the idea was in it's newborn stages, Norah was not seriously considering joining any group of the people at the moment, preferring to go with the flow.

And that curvy and unpredictable stream led her face to face with the fearsome queen of the Moonspear. That - of course - Norah did not know and to her at a first glance the dark-clad lady was frantically searching for someone. Somebody. The she-wolf did not betray her presence here, but did not go in hiding either. She stood still and observed the other.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She was focused on her task, but age and experience alike would not leave her oblivious to her surroundings. Perhaps it was a scent on the wind, or her eyes passing over something other that was not a part of the normal pattern the Glen she memorized had. More likely than not the latter, for as Hydra's gaze panned over her, it shifted right back. The matriarch lifted her head from the earth, ears pricked and alert. 

The black phase wolf she regarded did not carry herself in a way that threatened the matriarch, but Hydra knew better than to underestimate another wolf. She was not petite, but neither was she large. There was something terribly familiar about the other, but it was a thing she could not put a name to. Sniffing at the wind, Hydra only recognized that she had not met this particular wolf before in her lifetime. 

Hydra addressed her, You have not happened to encounter a pale wolf with dark circles under her eyes on your travels, have you? She started, thinking of Praimfaya. Dragomir had been missing for less time than she, and perhaps he was not even missing. He is just clearing his head, she soothed herself. Hydra knew she likely might not be able to stay her tongue and ask after him in any case, but first she ought to start with Praimfaya. For Opalia, and Dacio. For herself.
118 Posts
Ooc — Me
The stranger had taken notice of Norah and, when it changed it's course to face her up close, the she-wolf straightened herself up to meet the other in calm confidence. She was not going to challenge, but her knees were a tad bit too stiff to bend on the first encounter. 

"And, what if I have?" she asked, tilting her head to the side, eyes studying the dark she-wolf's expression in an attempt to guess, what was the motivation behind her search. More importantly - what was in for her to provide such information? Because in a matter of two weeks she had met two wolves that fit the description - one had a hole instead of an eye, but - well - "dark circles" were a matter of interpretation, unless clarified.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The question was a fair one, and Hydra's ears pricked. But she was too tired to find amusement then and there, and too exhausted to be irritated with the others nonanswer. If you truly would like to find out, you will tell me if you have come across her, Hydra rejoined in turn, at the very least willing to partake in Norah's game for a while. It was a decent distraction at least, but Hydra could not afford to turn away from her task for too long. Her voice was not hard, nor fierce, though there was some concern apparent as she looked to Norah.

Still, if she had, then the inquiry was worth it. But Hydra doubted it; she sought one wolf for months on end, and had yet to find her from several encounters. This, she imagined, would be no different than the rest. But Hydra was relentless. She would not give up, or lose faith. Hydra did not think the other truly wanted anything in any case, but if she did Hydra listened nonetheless.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
i had half this typed up ages ago but had to leave halfway through lmao so hope you don't mind her joining anyway

her and aries' meetings, while intense, tended to occur sporadically and not too often and so as a result; any place where one of these particular encounters had happened tended to leave her buzzed with a strange expectancy. did she miss him? not exactly. did she crave him though? a little shiver danced along her spine- absolutely. yet perhaps it was not just the smoky man that she longed for but what it was that he awakened within her when they shared the same twisting air. completely predatorial, what she wanted was the challenge he posed; the need to perform that intricate dance to win. her tongue runs idly over pearly fangs, body weaving with only some difficulty through the glen. last time she'd stood here had been over a year ago now, it's somewhat disorientating to let her mind rove back over what had happened in that time frame and a wearied sigh pushed forth with an irritated force. 

the pain radiating from her shoulder had become a constant companion and although it was starkly present, she had grown used to it not unlike how one would adapt to even the loudest of blaring alarms after enough time with it. still, she was worried. unsure as to whether she should be resting or completely avoiding letting it lay dormant for too long, she'd opted to keep roaming restlessly to keep her mind off of it. her movements, although lacking her usual fluidity, still carried her lissom figure through the lingering shadows with a grace that so aided her ghostly appearance but tenebrous eyes were shadowed with concern as she mulled over her options. she was without a pack at the moment and pride had kept her from seeking the help of another group- yet she was no idiot and knew well that pride and stupidity walked a fine line. she was beginning to fear that she was stumbling onto the wrong side. how could a mere wound cause her such hassle? yet despite having never dabbled in the art of healing, she had an inkling that it had to be infection. which, wasn't ideal.

it is with a disgruntled start that ears catch the close proximity of the howl to sound off to her right and it is without much hesitation that the warrior slipped silently after it. it takes only a few paces before her nose wrinkles at the pack scent to waft her way and eyes widen slightly at its familiarity. the girl from her- no, the woods, she was from this pack. curiosity now heightened, tundra slipped forward far enough to spot the shadowed woman that picked her way forth; an intensity present in her sharp movements. yet before she moves to reveal herself, another ashen figure encroaches and she trains inky pools on her easy movements. having nothing better to do, tundra observed; ignoring the hisses of discomfort slipping from her crouched limb. then the sable woman posed a question, and tundra arched a brow with surprise. that description described the young woman perfectly. she lingered in the shadow's protective clutch for a few moments longer, listening to them pass the spotlight back and forth before weaving her serpentine form free from the safety of her cover so she stood exposed before them. frostbound eyes narrowed suspiciously but her stance was neutral as she queried coolly. "are they in trouble?" she didn't want to aid her if her intentions were nefarious.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
118 Posts
Ooc — Me
Norah arched her eyebrows - was the stranger threatening her? Not that it scared her the least, not that it would be the first time in her life. But if there was a hidden threat in the words, that would be awfully rude to a person, who was almost willing to help, but for a certain price. 

"I've seen two that fit your description," she teased the lady with a bit more information. The dramatic pause that the nomad had decided to take was interrupted by the arrival and inquiry of a white she-wolf. Norah gave her a superficial side-glance, then turned back to the first and grinned. "That one is the third. You choose, which one interests you the most."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It had not been a threat, though Hydra was hardly known for her playful nature. Still, Hydra did not see herself as several others did. She thought her words were an (amusing) reflection of the strangers own, but perception was everything. Praimfaya was unique enough in appearance that to hear two matched her description was a surprise... but then, Blackhead had an apparent twin herself. At the very least it sounded like she was living still. Choosing, then, to keep away. The sound of another caused Hydra to turn to regard the way from which Tundra emerged, furs along her nape standing on edge up until she realized that the other was asking an innocent enough question. 

Perhaps trying to be helpful. Hydra looked to Norah with a gentle shake of her head as though to respond, ah, not her. To the both of them she answered, Not from me. She is a packmate of mine. We all lost someone, recently. She is grieving... but she has been gone for some time now. I worry, she admitted to them openly. There are wolves out there that will attack you for no other reason than to know the way you taste. She shuddered, thinking of the wolf she had dealt with most recently. And that was but one of the threats out there.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
ah she blinked slowly, nodding along with information that was disclosed to them. words were fickle things, all too easy to warp and string to suit ones self but they checked out enough for her tensed figure to fall lax. she'd suspected something had seemed off alright and now it was confirmed that her assumptions were correct. inky eyes narrowed at the final murmur and she blinked off to the side, tail twitching at her hocks as unbidden memories hissed and sneered from the depths of her mind. as if spurred by such thoughts, the damned wound on her shoulder gave a particularly potent throb that radiated throughout her entire figure. her jaw clenches yet otherwise she ignores it, blinking back to the mountain woman. of course, selfishly, her mind had wandered to her own encounter with the insatiable hunger that drove certain men but that hadn't even happened within teekon. what had happened to rosencrantz on the other hand...could she be speaking of the same monstrosity that had devoured half of his face? she grew taut, greedy for information that could lead her towards the bastard despite suspecting that rosencrantz would rather she didn't. 

but first- exhaling slowly, she nods tersely. "yea i met her about a week ago in the dark woods, blackfeathershe tests the word somewhat curiously, always aware that the pack had a dark history and although not all knew of them, some had had their qualms with the shadowed wolves alright. pushing on, she murmured "she wasn't hurt or anythingsharp eyes softened somewhat as she finally added "and most importantly she still held her wits about her, she seems strongslender shoulders lift in a small shrug as she observes the woman closely. the want to push on and figure out if her wording hinted at the cannibal she so wanted to hurt is hard to ignore but, aware that she'd intruded on their conversation- she blinks to the other woman first should she have more to add about the little spectre that the moonspear woman sought.
118 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Ah... right," Norah said to herself, as she listened first Hydra speak than Tundra (both names she did not know, but for the ease of writing let's stick to that). Her expression was mildly bored, because it seemed that the pale woman had a more recent encounter with the said girl than her. 

"Two weeks ago approximately," she revealed, having forgotten her earlier request for an adequate payment for the information she was about to provide. Did not matter anymore, because it reeked of old already and was therefore of no use to the one, who was looking for the girl. 

"Seemed pretty upset to me. Spoke of gods and them talking to her. Wanted to avenge her friend's death," Norah did not bother to provide context, let them make their own conclusions. She closed her eyes, furrowed her brow, appeared to be fishing for something else within her memory and with a smile and a glance of grim amusement she finished. "Spoke about blood for blood kind of revenge."

She did not add that in a way she had advised the girl on how to enact it. The mother-figure here did not need to know that.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was appreciative to them both for what they revealed. Praimfaya was fine, simply mourning... though Hydra's intuition forewarned her that the girl might not return so soon. The cut was deep, and Praimfaya could not stand the pain of it she supposed. If she continued to run from it, it would be a discredit to her; Hydra had hoped that the girl would avenge Dacio with her rather than give way to sadness. 

Disappointing. 

The matriarch considered what she had been told and looked to the other as she went into detail; it certainly was who she sought. Jus drein jus draun, and all of that. Hydra agreed with her wholeheartedly, simply not going about it alone. It was a deathwish. That is her, alright, Hydra drawled, her tone not void of emotion or affection as she considered. 

I thank you both. It sounds as though she wishes to embark on this journey alone, she hummed, and shook her head. Praimfaya had elected to leave Moonspear and all that it stood for this time not for gain, but for loss. It was different, she understood. Perhaps she might return home, and though Hydra hoped for this she would not hold her breath. 

Licking her chops, Hydra caught a different scent on the wind, that of prey. Perhaps we might hunt together, so that I may thank you proper with a meal in your belly before you depart, she offered. Old information, new information... it mattered not. Her mind was at peace, and that was a thing that was priceless. 

potential fader? thank y'all for the thread <3
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
omg SORRY. this dumb dumb did not realise it was her turn this whole time lmfao, am also happy to fade here!

quite curious how things worked like that, the world of coincidence stirring the dice to make a relatively bland day a bit more interesting. for the fact that this woman had been seeking the girl that both the wolves she'd come across had happened to meet only recently, and none of them with any connections stringing them together asides from this one little fact. peculiar indeed, it almost made her understand how some would claim that gods lounged high above and tugged at strings to determine the outcomes of particular days and feats. however only almost, her mind was not lost to that terrifying haze yet at least. 

she frowns a little at the other roamer's words, hoping despite herself that the youngster wouldn't get herself into reckless danger. it wasn't true concern she felt per say, the pallid girl too much of a stranger to evoke such an emotion but she'd come to a place in which she seemed to care enough to hope that those she deemed pleasant enough remained in good health. although she could not deny that to seek revenge seemed a better outcome than to succumb to the claws of grief, to let them drag you under so that you were but a wandering ghost in search of a tether that no longer remained. 

shifting her position slightly, the warrior would simply offer a polite nod in response to the woman's thanks, glad to be a help. she was just preparing to excuse herself and make her leave when the sable moonspearian poses an offer and while the her initial inclination is to insist it is not needed, she considers the benefits briefly and decides that if it has been offered she might as well accept. so as a flash of pearly fangs are revealed in a smile, she says "no need for thanks but sure, i will not turn down the offer of a huntand so she'd await the response of their other companion before easily following the shadow's lead to an easy meal.