Moonspear Falling
75 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Private 
Medic trade thread. Located near Tangled Antres. For @Hydra.

A certain amount of depression had settled in since she had left her home in Nova. Her emotions twisting her in half to cause quite some heartache. She missed her father so dearly and equally the high snowy peaks of Nova. In that north, it was colder atop the mountain then it was here but with winter coming now the Spear was equally such, but would Nova been colder still? She guessed such. Elke like the cold, crisp air, the liked the high mountains. Moonspear was not an ugly place by far, but it was not yet home to her without @Mahler. Still, Ciri seemed happier, mother happier and it was without a doubt all the family she had in Moonspear were far better then being shunned in Sagtannet. She was Ostrega here. She was noble. She should have been horribly grateful and ecstatic. Yet something was missing, father was missing. 

She strode along. Alone. Alone as she was if not with her mother and sister despite how much more family she now had. She had only ever been with them, it was what she was used to after all and that had stuck with her. So she looked now, trying to find herbs, to practice bu trial and error all her own without the guide she once had. She wanted something to cure her of her sadness, surely there had to be.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
New nieces, new sister. All that she had let settle, before her own accostment of their persons began. She had lost so much in months past, but had gained that and more. Two brothers, gone—two sisters, discovered. Sisters that had children; nieces and nephews to know, and to love. Nyx had daughters, and Hydra at last could resist temptation no more to meet them. 

It was Elke who she trailed quietly. The girl was alone, and Hydra saw the pale back of her from afar. Chuffing to alert the young one of her approach, Hydra's strides lengthened to meet her.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
75 Posts
Ooc — Vami
It was the Alpha- the female Alpha. She was mated to what Elke now knew to be her uncle and yet the sight of her yet still made her freeze in her place, pale lilac eyes wide. 

It wasnt her appearance which she feared despite how dark she was, the wild piercing green eyes, that might of her tall and lean figure. No, that didnt make her fear. The woman's body and movements were fluid, powerful, beautiful. One she may only hope to achieve one day. It was simply the fact that she was the female lead which made her fear. For as all Elke had known in her past, the female lead her completely ignored her little family and her daughter shunned them with disgust. If now a female lead saught her out (dispite the obviously different packs) it was surely to do her no good deeds. 

Elke's body suddenly fell, tail tucked to her belly, ears back, legs tucked to her sides. She turned her head away, to not look directly at her. To not look at her at all. And then a whine quietly escaped her throat.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The immediate reaction of the child came as something of a surprise to Hydra, who closed the gap between them. Sniffing to see if she had been recently hurt, Hydra detected nothing upon her. Nosing her gently to encourage she unfurl herself to be present, and with her, Hydra asked, what is wrong? It seemed a decent place as any to start. She could sense the girls discomfort.
75 Posts
Ooc — Vami
The black woman would nose her and sniff her, to find no such outwardly problems as there was none to be had. Being nudged in effort to move her, Elke lifted slightly, yet her legs remained bent, trembled even and her body all and all was just 'low' before the Alpha. I…. Why was she acting like this? Surely Hydra had not wronged her and it was unfair to judge her based on previous experience but it was those lessons in life which fueled her now. The Alpha female where I had lived… She avoided us, never spoke to us. Elke didn’t quite explain who 'us' was but maybe she would get it seeing how her, her sister, and mother had all arrived to Moonspear together. I thought maybe since you came to me, I did something wrong. I'm sorry... Sorry if she had done something wrong and sorry for assuming things if she had not.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to Elke, understanding some. That will not happen here, she drawled, you are free to speak with me whenever you wish, Elke. And I will come to find you as often as I can, she informed. I know we have just met, but we are family. Things will be different, here, she hummed with a wave of her tail. And you did nothing wrong. I only came to see what it was you were up to, and to meet my niece, she explained, tail still swaying.
75 Posts
Ooc — Vami
They were family. Not by blood, no-as it was Dirge & Nyx blood which was shared and so then passed on to Elke and Ciri. However, she was family still of no less, alpha of this pack, mother to most within it and mate at the side of her uncle as Ostrega all the same. @Wylla, too, should have felt as this, who's pups were bore by the same man as that Elke called father, but it was not to be so in Sagtannet. But this was not Sagtannet and the dark queen before her made this clear.

It would be different and the alpha of these lands would see to it then she found Elke when she could, that they would be family in such a physical manner then just sharing the same name. Elke smiles then, softly, hope in those pale lilac eyes. As does Hydra's tail wave, so does Elke's own now and she lifts, those hopefully eyes turning away from her at Hydra's words of wonder. My father and I…we would spend our time together a lot by learning and looking for different medicines. She didn’t have that time anymore but it was her luck that Hydra shared the same interest. I thought I smelt some. And so she had, hidden by the Tangled Antres. I miss dad. She admitted honestly. I don’t want to be sad anymore. I want something to make it stop. She didn’t want to be ungrateful. She didn’t want to look to the east and think back to her life in Nova Peak. She wanted to be happy, here, with her very large family and this mountain. She wanted to move forward, to live.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to the ways in which Elke had once found happiness with her father; how she must be seeking it even then in doing as they had done in their memory. But her father was now terribly absent, and Hydra felt the ache that further solidified her feeling on the matter of bastards born to the world. Desdemona must have felt this ache within her lifetime, and it was terribly unfair for either to need to bear. Hydra was grateful for Elke and Desdemona both, but felt a flash of anger for the selfishness of those that did not consider their young in their actions. Mahler had not claimed Elke as a daughter, and so this all had come to pass. To Hydra's benefit, she felt—but to see Elke suffer for it... it felt like a physical blow. 

Lead me to it, she encouraged, and as Elke admitted she missed her father and that she wished for the pain to stop, Hydra was quiet for a moment before she felt she could not hold her tongue. I know you do not wish to feel sad, she drawled, but I encourage you to. Do not numb this emotion with anything. Feel it, and feel it clearly. Remember it, so you in your life and your future will do differently so that you yourself will cause no sadness to others in turn the way you endure now. To be sad is not to be weak. It is to be strong, and you must be strong to find your way to happiness again, she hummed lowly, voice gentle as she regarded her niece.
75 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Hydra & Kyr's views on pups/breeding is so alike!

It was true that they were hidden away in their former home, far from interaction with most of its other members. Partially this was due to her mother, who wished to shield them from Wylla's wraith should she decide she had enough of them. Partially this was due to their father, who allowed the lead female to control him, to not have Elke and Ciri stand as equals to the pups born from her. They had been mostly a mistake, when it came down to it, causing strife which still haunted each of those involved to this very day. 

Elke began to move along slowly, to sniff out the fresh herbs. She smelt mint, mushroom, spices of some sort she was not sure... So very close to the opening of the little cavern just beyond the ferns until Hydra's words tugged at her for attention. 

I encourage you to. Elke's golden ears perked up as she turned to her dark leader. But why, why did she want her to suffer? She listens carefully, wanting to understand why her leader says such things and quite quickly so is it made clear. Your right. As though Hydra had a need to question that fact anyhow. I'd never want anyone else to feel this way. Of course she knew she would not be having her own children anytime soon, the thought of any future pups she had feeling such pain... Elke shakes away such a thought. 

Thank you Hydra. The pale girl smiles to her, happier if only in knowing that her leader willed her to work through her pain, to be stronger by it. So, Elke decides, she would look for herbs instead to help others and not herself. Turning and nudging her nose into the thick foliage, she discovers the opening in the rocks to be had. I...I think I found something. And Hydra, having lived here long, likely already knew.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra rumbled in her own you are welcome; she could understand why Elke would want none to feel as she did. Hydra did not, either. It seemed as though her words resonated with the young cub; for this, Hydra was grateful. As Elke began to resume her search, it seemed she had found something. With a wave of her tail, Hydra stepped alongside her niece to catch a whiff as well. While Hydra thought she might know the scent, she wondered if Elke could identify it. 

Do you recognize it? She asked in a low drawl, looking to the familiar shape of the foliage. Was it familiar to Elke, though? Time—and Elke—would surely tell. 

loooveee Vall <3 <3