Redsand Canyon there's a sausage on my rug
26 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
if you're up for a backdated thread? <3 if not, i can edit it with some assumptions and make it a read only
not long after his acceptance, drakon sought out @Germanicus. he figured the leader of a military outpost was probably a pretty busy guy, but drakon didn't know who else to go to for direction. for... orders, come to think of it. which sounded pretty gross, but it was what drakon had signed up for.

hey. i uh - do you have any tasks for me? he said when he found germanicus, feeling supremely awkward. this soldier thing wasn't as straightforward as it had sounded.
[Image: Untitled469_20220409174935.png]
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox hadn’t meant to walk in on a conversation, but here he was!

Oh, hey! he said, glancing to each of them in turn. You’re another soldier, right? You wanna work on our sparring skills? Phox paused, then realized he might actually be interrupting. Unless you’re busy, of course.

Maybe this wasn’t good timing or something like that.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
drakon had addressed germanicus as the imperator was crossing the crimson sand toward the pack's midden heap.

drakon inquired into tasks. phox mentioned a spar. "you both will join me upon patrol and then i will oversee your first spar. phox. drakon."

he uttered their names for the benefit of the other and turned upon his heel, heading away from the denning grounds.
26 Posts
Ooc —
suddenly drakon was speaking to not one but two men, both of whom were far larger than himself. his fur fluffed out a little of its own accord, but he nodded as they each spoke. he was fine with that. plus, the other guy - phox - he was pretty hot. drakon tried not to feel self conscious as he followed germanicus, falling into step with phox if he allowed it.

so uh... you been here a long time? fuck. drakon sucked at small talk.
[Image: Untitled469_20220409174935.png]
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Well, being told what to do was a little disconcerting, but all Phox could do was shrug and head after Germanicus. If he intended to keep his place here, he knew he couldn't be a freeloader. Phox didn't pick up on any nervousness on Drakon's part, and instead shot a smile at the question.

Nah, not really. My sister—Towhee—she's been here awhile. I guess she got demoted because she's all pregnant, but before that she was pretty high up in the rankings. How 'bout you? Drakon couldn't have been around that long considering the kid wasn't even sure how long Phox had been here. But maybe Germanicus sent Drakon away on a trip or somesuch.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus would have preferred them silent on patrol. talking was for the common area.

he did not join their conversation and eventually drew his march to a halt. "do you see the eagle there?" the imperator inquired quietly of the soldiers.

the great bird sat upon a shaft of redrock jutting above them. "it is a female. there will be chicks this year. eagles represent danger to young pups and so our vigilance must include them also."

he paused to ascertain that they understood and then set off once more.