Redsand Canyon Can I be home yet?
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Joining 
Sybol had been resting for what felt like forever. He wasn't sure how long broken ankles took to heal, but he was sure he oughta be able to go and help by now, right? He owed it to everyone. Hey, uh.. is anyone out there right now?" He called out to the opening of what had been his home while he had been healing. He wondered. He began to adjust his position, readying himself to stand, then thought better of it, deciding to wait for approval. He didn't want all the time he'd rested to have to repeat itself after all.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had smelled the wolf on occasion. Had even dropped off meat near the cache for the wolf therein. He patrolled by it every so often. Today on a round about he jeard a voice calling.

With gentle feet he neared the mouth and chuffed. He didn't want to stick his head in. And scare the wolf.

hello.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
"Hello! Please, come in!" Sybol's tail thumped. It was a new voice that he heard. He loved meeting new people. And boy was he bored. He stretched. "Hi! I'm Sybol! Do you know who I gotta talk to about gettin' up and movin' around again?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson slid into view head and shoulders. Blue eyes staring. Digging. Wondering. He dipped his muzzle.

I'm Reyson.

You need Aquene to tell you, youre oksy. She's our healer.

Reyson would have offered to help, but he wasn't a healer. He could fix small things, but nothing like that.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
"Hmm" Sybol said, thinking out loud. " That's the  other really pretty wolf with the super grumpy mate that thought I was a murderer right? Tierra said he almost wasn't gonna let her help me. Which woulda been really rude. Sorry I talk a lot. You're quiet. What's your name again? Oh yeah, Reyson. Hi! I'm Sybol! Wait I already said that. Sorry I talk a lot. Wait, I already said that too." He put his paw over his mouth like his mom showed him to do when he couldn't stop talking, smiling sheepishly.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson studied the wolf in front of him. Spoke quietly, but made his point. I would not call Aquene pretty around her mate if he's already not pleased with you.

Reyson didn't think Kallik would do anything, but better safe than sorry this Sybol.

Why?

he was surprised. Synol was not one of thwirs. He didn't belong in their ranks unless he joined. Why would it be rude not to help him? Right now it wasn't so bad. Summer was abundant with game, but if it had been winter? They couldn't have spared the resources for non wolf pack.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus was among them not long thereafter.

"sybol," he greeted. "principales." he did not glance toward reyson, only recognized the man by coming to stand alongside him.

he had not heard the younger wolf describe aquene and so he would not also chastise.

"you are recovering well. do you intend to stay?"
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Reyson was nice, he wasn't telling him to stop talking yet. He gave him advice even. "Ohhhh yeah, that makes sense, okay." Of course, people got jealous, he forgot that sometimes. "So what do I do if everyone's super pretty, do I just gotta stay quiet about it?" He retorted. But Reyson asked a question of his own. "Why?"

"Well cause, Tierra said she carried me up a whole mountain, and I don't much like to the prospect of being dead, I'd help everyone if I could but momma says I'm naive. But she never told me what that means. We used to have to ask for help a lot, cause no one wanted me in their in pack when I was growin' up.

A larger silver grey wolf came to join Reyson. "Hello!" Sybol quickly said, he was enjoying all his company today. Stay? "I'd love to!" Sybol's tail wagged furiously, almost propelling him off the ground. He'd never been invited to stay in a pack before. He knew he'd have to learn to fight but he thought it could be a good thing. He was weak and uncoordinated, and never could defend himself.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson shook his head, amusement lacing his thoughts. No, just be careful who you say it too. Clearly this youngling had not had the best teachers growing up, or he didn't listen to the lessons one of the two. Because he clearly needed some lessons in tact. Not that Reyson was much better, but he at least had enough sense not to go telling a mated woman she was pretty.

Reyson bowed his head to the leader. Then eyes went back to the boy. He answered his question sort of, but not 100%. Reyson had been asking why he was surprised they wouldn't take care of him. He was not their responsibility. He could understand the want to care for him, but the logic was not sound.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the boy was rather excitable. he was also healing, which removed him from consideration as a soldier at present.

"as you know, sybol, this is mereo. we are soldiers here, working toward a common goal. but an army is nothing without the support of plebians. these wolves are not military, but are pursuing a trade such as hunting or fishing, plant identification, healing, astronomy, and the like. i would be interested to know if you have given any thought to what you might do."
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Sybol looked up at the two men, but it was the grey one which really captured his attention. The man seemed to be in charge, at least here. He wasn't exactly sure who all was in charge, but he'd heard this wolf's voice a few times. Tierra changed her behavior around him, and so did Reyson.
Sybol finally realized who he was looking at.

His leader. He bowed his head. He didn't remember a lot about his times traveling as a nomad with his parents but he did remember enough to know that he had to treat leaders with the utmost respect. And Through his cluelessness and excitement, he wasn't sure that he'd done that so far. "Thank you for inviting me to stay, and also for taking me in."

He thought about what the man was saying. He didn't have to fight right away. Well, of course not. He couldn't. One thing really stood out to him. "Astronomy? So you mean I could study the stars?! That would be cool and fun!"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson stood still listening. Did not interject, though he was thrown for surprise when the youth parroted back about astronomy as did Germanicus speak of it. A memory came to him, murky and mismatched with what he could remember. His father had liked the stars. He had often told him stories of them, and Reyson himself had followed the north to find his way.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"yes. an astronomer uses their skills to track patterns in weather, for instance. knowing if there will be a storm would influence the decision of where to lead troops."

he nodded once at the boy. "give back to mereo and prove your worth." it was how he showed that he accepted what was said.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
"I already promised to pay back in any way I could, but I also really wanna learn and help just tell me what I can do and I'll do it." He meant it too. He had never felt so grateful, and he had enjoyed the company and the people were so kind and welcoming here. "How do I get started learning how?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson shifted his weight and stood at attention. Ears forward. His father had started with stories of the stars, but he wasn't sure if that was right. It had been so long ago, and he just a pup. He really couldn't remember much of anything to do with either one.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"very well. acquaint yourself with hunting. keep in mind you are lady aquene's patient until she releases you. when that time comes, perhaps you will be eligible to spar."

the imperator dipped his head. he would move out unless there were other things to be said.