Stavanger Bay Nobody knows it better than the girl in the corner with the Scarlet Letter
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,427 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Dated after Vairë's heat!
Reverie was not content to lie around and wait for her time to come. That had never been in her nature, and so she carried on as usual even as she accepted her terrible truth. She cared for Blossom; she hunted; she tried to be a good wife to Lestan.
It seemed her leaders would soon have a family of their own, and this was of some concern to her. They were still a small pack, in dire need of both numbers and presence on the coast. Reverie took to the border today, marking where the scents were weak, and idly searched for @Rhaegal as she went. Perhaps there was something she could do to help prepare.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
rhaegal hunts treats from the tide pools that the high tide left in it's wake as the sun made it's climb in the sky.

to take to his doewife, and to take to the young family already within their borders.

it is in this sweep of the sands that his path crosses with reverie's.

reverie, rhaegal greets with a wag of his tail. how're ye feelin'?

Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,427 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Rhaegal greeted her with an easy familiarity that Reverie could not help but feel she hadn't earned. Still, she was grateful for it. She managed a faint smile, a gentle sway of her tail. It took a moment to remember that she could answer, now.
I'm okay, She lied, but it was the kind of lie everyone tells; the kind of answer you give when the real answer is just too much a burden for polite conversation. Her eyes were tired as she spoke, and that was the only real hint she gave to her true state. How are you? And Vairë? Reverie thought it would be rude to ask outright about recent happenings, but that wouldn't stop her from prying in her own small way.
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
while her 'i'm okay' didn't sound entirely convincing to rhaegal, he accepted it because he had no reason to doubt it as truth.

we be good, rhaegal replies. a small pause given — he wasn't always the most of sociable beasts and with saltshore growing, he definitely needed to work on his lacking social skills.

how's the wee bairn settlin' in? blossom, is it? he inquires after her young daughter, thinking to himself that perhaps in the future she may have other little ones to play with.

Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,427 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She tried not to let her disappointment show; Rhaegal gave no details, but Reverie wasn't exactly forthcoming either, was she? Except — it was only that she had nothing good to share. Nothing... interesting.
@Blossom, yes. She's settling well. She loves the ocean, Reverie's eyes lit with warmth at the thought of her daughter. I've been teaching her how to care for plants. I was thinking - maybe we could have a garden somewhere in Stavanger Bay? Everyone could add something to it, if they want. Of course, Reverie was only thinking of the flowers — all different sorts. But it would be useful for herbs, too, and perhaps as a place for packmates to meet.