Swiftcurrent Creek I love this record, baby, but I can't see straight anymore
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,422 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
All welcome, tags for ref. If no one joins this within a week I'll be editing in a conclusion and Some Things May Occur <3
There were so many things Reverie understood now, and yet the world had painted itself anew for her when she woke. She was fascinated first by the pale gentle light that filtered through the den entrance, the way it lit up little dust motes that floated lazily through the air. For a long time she only stared, until the rain began.
Soft rain, cold rain, but she was delighted! Reverie crept away from @Blossom and @Lestan to settle just outside the den. The scents of @Moss and @Arric lingered outside still, but she paid them no mind. The rains would wash it all away. She tipped her head back to catch a droplet in her mouth, and tasted the wilds in it. She closed her eyes, and remembered the woman.
Slowly her muzzle lowered, and when she opened her eyes again, Reverie saw her. She was nothing more than a shadow darting through the trees, but her eyes gleamed even from this distance. The whispers, she could hear them now.
Small gods.
And she knew that the woman with the mismatched eyes was the one who had been there, in the cave, the one who had tried to take Blossom from her. The one who had come to answer the call of the darkness Reverie had cast over herself. Fire always did throw the deepest of shadows. She had to find her; not to kill her, no, but to understand... after all, what was light without shadow?
To any onlooker it would seem as if Reverie was merely enjoying the light morning rain. In truth she was making plans, dark plans for a dark creature.
You will burn with me.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Some sus stuff was going down in the Creek. Jasmine wasn’t privy to any of it yet, but she’d been around the world enough to know that crackle in the atmosphere, that terrible sense that something just wasn’t right. She’d stuck to the shadows mostly, eavesdropping only in passing, not catching enough to know what was going on and not caring enough to push herself into the hushed conversations and find herself getting stuck in the middle of it.

But she’d stuck around, if only because it would look so wrong for her to leave when the going seemed weird. Not like she hadn’t done it before. But these wolves were different than the pirates, even seemed to respect her some, and hey, it’s not like she hadn’t stuck around when other goings got weird, either. Right?

Ha, yeah, right.

Jasmine slipped through the creek land with a careful haste. She’d stick within calling distance but she’d get out until the weirdness lifted. So far, so good; she thought she’d passed Arric, Akavir, and Miss somewhere along the way and had successfully routed away. Yes!

But — oh.

She spotted the golden girl a moment too late, peaceful and watching the rain, and in direct line of sight. Ugh, she could easily reroute, but the only other way around would make her avoidance way too obvious, and she didn’t know enough about the girl to know she wouldn’t go squealing about her weird behaviour. Ugh. Fine, fine!

Jasmine carried forward without a hitch, normal as she could make herself be — but with a touch of haste, of looking busy, in hopes that maybe Reverie would be happy not to stop her.

but please do
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,422 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie looked up sharply at the sound of another's approach, but — ah, only Jasmine. Hello, She greeted mildly, tail sweeping across the ground in an idle gesture of friendliness. Her head tilted slightly; she could not help but wonder what she was doing so near to her den. Had she come to speak with her? Greet Lestan, perhaps?
Lestan is asleep, I think, Reverie told her, grasping the only assumption that made sense to her. If you've come to see him. And he is mine, she thought with an abrupt surge of possessiveness. Jasmine was pretty enough, delicate in ways Reverie was not, not anymore. Suppose Lestan found more appeal in her? But she guarded these jealous thoughts closely, and was nothing but amiable to Jasmine.
99 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Reverie broke the silence between them.

Hey Rev! Jasmine smiled and paused in her escape — ah, sorry, her “passing by“ — though internally she screamed. You have places to be! Not faces to see! But she couldn’t be rude and simply ignore her, not when she’d been so clearly addressed. She’d known that since she was a pup.

She’d have grit her teeth, and on the inside, did. Yet on the outside she continued her easy smile and the easy air about her.

Lestan? this brought a thread of confusion, which she brushed off with a shake of her head. Had she even met Lestan? Heard his name in passing, but couldn’t recall ever having conversation with the guy. Nah, I was just headin out to do some scoutin’, which was the truth, really. You headin’ out to teach your girl more swimmin’ tricks? she teased lightly, or just chillin’ out and watchin’ the rain? and she glanced skyward.

The day was really quite dreary.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,422 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Jasmine chattered away, and Reverie found her mood souring; turning dark. She found herself wondering —
No, no, she could not think of that. Not now. Reverie's gaze drifted as Jasmine spoke. She didn't truly hear what was said, although her eyes flicked back to the other girl when Lestan's name was spoken. The sound of it stirred the fur at her neck, but Reverie was calm. She was thinking; wondering, despite her best efforts, what it might be like to watch Jasmine burn. Would she be prettier gilded by flames? Would she scream?
Reverie shivered.
Do you hear that? She murmured, eyes finding Jasmine again. The whispers, the scratching chants of a thousand voices. A burning pain shot through her, then; a familiar pain, too familiar. Reverie gasped and stood abruptly, churning violently within.
Blood began to trickle down her thighs.
Oh, Reverie said when she noticed, her expression distant. Go, go now, the whispers urged, but she knew that she could not. She knew that this time she must go to Lestan, this time it had to be different. I should... I should go. And with that she turned and fled back into the den, leaving a trail of blood in her wake. She didn't even bother to say goodbye.