Cassiopeia's View reflection
Moontide
Trader
112 Posts
Ooc — box
All Welcome 
She knew the Moonspear, with its great scar, but a true mountaineer must know her mountains outside of a village’s territory. Her people had been nomadic, traversing the mountains to avoid rockfalls in former camps, to follow the prey to where it was thickest.

Tullik could remember her father, his face weathered by hardship, as he taught her and her sister about the mountain.

It is harsh, he had said, even cruel. But this is home. Home does not change.

Perhaps that was it. Home had changed, and Tullik was on uneven ground. 

She came over the peaks on steady feet, her body adapted to the winding goat paths and sheer slopes. She moved as a great cat, leaping from edge to edge, pressing her shoulder to the mountain when her height grew too high and her stomach swooped.

In the end, she was rewarded by the sight of a distant great water, the view of a hawk as she stared out over the world beneath her feet. Tullik closed her eyes, breathing out a soft sigh that clouded from her nose. This place, this felt important.

She liked it here, she decided.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Excepting a couple forays into Firefly Glen, Meerkat hadn’t left the mountainside since late January. She hadn’t felt any desire to roam, either… until today. The weather was absolutely splendid and it made her itch to really get out and stretch her legs. After the girls settled down for their afternoon nap, she kissed @Njord goodbye and promised to return by nightfall.

She followed the same path as yesterday, though she didn’t stop this time. Meerkat ventured into the valley, then ascended the far slope. The hours passed as she wandered through rocky mountain passages, climbing up sometimes and down others. She took a drink from the lake she passed, then decided to scale the neighboring peak before heading home.

Imagine her surprise when she found another wolf waiting there! For a split second, she thought it was Fennec. Meerkat blinked and realized she didn’t know this she-wolf. She was a stranger, yet she carried the scent of the village. Her lips parted, though she was too busy huffing and puffing to speak for a moment.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,172 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk traveled today, the bright red fur of the fox skin thrown across her back. It had been a gift from Argent, and she treasured it. Two scents intertwined, and the starwoman found she knew both of them: Tullik and Meerkat. The former had primarily kept to herself since coming to Moonspear, and Sialuk had attributed this to her learning the slopes of the mountain. It was her duty, after all, to teach those paths to those who had not been born of mountaintops. The latter, Sialuk checked in on frequently, though her visits to the ulaq were brief.

Tullik, she greeted. Meerkat, Sialuk's nose touched her village sister's shoulder. Her eyes followed Tullik's gaze, seeing the large body of water far in the distance.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
Trader
112 Posts
Ooc — box
The huff and puff of a woman behind her startled the downy furred girl for a moment, her eyes big and luminous as she stared over her shoulder, before her head turned back around to the ocean.

I have never seen a water so big. She said aloud to the woman and the approaching figure of Sialuk.

It is pretty. Do you know what is on the other side? She asked, suddenly eager in a way she had not been in months.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Before she had caught her breath fully, Sialuk appeared. Although Meerkat was surprised to bump into not one but two pack mates on this remote peak, she nonetheless waved her tail and returned the Alpha female’s nudge. She peeked at the skin draped over Sialuk’s shoulder, a fetching red that contrasted beautifully with her pale fur.

“I have never seen a water so big,” the other woman—Tullik, Sialuk had addressed her—said, drawing Meerkat’s attention. She followed Tullik’s eye line, lips parting slightly when she realized they were looking at the ocean in the distance.

Meerkat averted her eyes, shaking her head quietly at Tullik’s question. She really didn’t know what might be on the other side of the saltwater, nor did she particularly want to think about it. Ever since leaving Sapphique, the mere thought of the coast gave her a stomachache.

I need to get home to the girls. You’re welcome to walk with me, of course, unless you intend to stay here a bit longer? Meerkat questioned, eyes flicking from Sialuk to Tullik.

Whether alone or with company, she moved quickly to retrace her steps back down the mountain, avoiding looking at the ocean views again. Meerkat would cross this place off her list of places to visit when she was feeling adventurous. She would be happy if she never laid eyes on the sea again.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,172 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
thank you for being patient with my slow butt!

Meerkat excused herself, and Sialuk could reason why. Whatever had pushed the small family from Sapphique and led them here had not been a good thing, she imagined. Sialuk waved a paw goodbye, intending to stay a bit longer with Tullik.

Only more water, Sialuk replied. It was unfathomable for there to be an end to something so great. As far as the starwoman was concerned, that ocean never stopped.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO