2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
All Welcome 
prompt: "a mysterious someone sends you a drink from across the party."

'for you, imperator.'

a small shell of pearlescent liquid had been placed before him. it smelled powerfully of sweet cactus, and germanicus knew it to be one of the potent potions for which akashingo had become infamous.

the sender was unknown. the servant did not pause to elaborate, tipping the somber man a sensual wink and disappearing into the throng.

germanicus glanced now to the cup and inexplicably thought of @Mírwen. it was good she was not here, though he wondered if the pomp and spectacle would soothe any homesickness. he had contemplated her brother as well, this fiercely ambitious creature who he still did not believe was a rival for any pharaoh.

for you, imperator. only a few knew him as such. 

but he was not here in that capacity.

and germanicus no longer wished to feel the intensity of his emotion for a time.

the cup, drained. he kept close to the polished wall, his eyes falling upon @Rashepses.
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
160 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
Rashepses had started drinking as soon as the feasting began and he had not stopped. Their halls filled with raucous delight and he filled himself with good drink and beautiful faces. Each new voice sought to outdo the previous with stories of great beasts slain, grand battles waged and women conquered.

The Semer-wati’s face was bright with amusement but it was settled firmly upon a dark figure who kept to the shadows. Their eyes touched.

“Germanicus!” he dazzled as he crossed through the crowds, drink hoisted, “I raise my cup to you, commander.” He motioned for a passing fellahin, grabbing another portion of cactus pulp and holding it out to the ranger, “a toast must be seconded.”
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the newly crowned consort of akashingo was laughing, ornate.

the imperator would not dissuade him. not tonight. and so he did not fight the cactus pulp so much, resisting only momentarily before a quick smile and a swallow sent the spinning poison to burn in his belly.

"many congratulations and a long life to you, semer-wati." his head dipped in respect. "muat-riya is truly beautiful."
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
160 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
It had been too long since he’d been truly and sincerely drunk and there was more than a hint of laughter in his flame-licked gaze as he finished his drink and regarded the warrior in slate top to bottom.

“A place where men can rest,” his lip curled. “You are a favorite of my bride. You must join us for a lunch before your leave and a full tour of the grounds will be arranged.”

He motioned then for Germanicus to join him in a turn about the ballroom. His eyes scanned for the antique gold of Toula’s crown amid the press of bodies. “What has you occupied these days, commander?”
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
rashepses was brash and laughing and all things royal.

the soldier found himself rough in the presence of such finery, hard hands to catch upon finespun satin. "i will be there. the pharaoh favours me with her attention."

and truly she did, for no reason germanicus could see.

"very little, semer-wati. i have taken one of my sons and my daughter to the hinterland. there we wait in peace. i have not decided if i will rebuild mereo."

his veins sang with fire.

"it would take a third marriage." dry. unrelenting.
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
160 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
Revolving then, to guide the warrior upon a rise in stone where they might overlook the festivities below  from a more quiet locale. Soused as he was, his face still turned a darker shade of firm as soon as the subject of Mereo was raised.

“Then we shall host your wedding here,” he swung an arm above the crowd, paying little mind to the wry voice which joked of it, “no palace more grand, nor fitting, for a commander and his bride.” Children, too. Children with which to anchor the bonds of an alliance, the beginnings of a bloodline of eternal loyalists. A man with the age and wealth of Germanicus must be in want of these things.

“You have heard there has been a death on our door,” Rashepses’ gaze reached for the sun-tinged sight of his companion. Their kingdoms were not impenetrable. Their guards were few. “Mereo will rise again. With you, as Imperator.” A hand, clapped about the back left no room for no refusals.

He waited, perhaps it was for purpose. There was none greater than Mereo. He was certain Germanicus would see it.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
it seemed he did not have a choice. "i have heard this. if mereo rises once more, you will know it, prince, for i shall come to guard your gates."

his tongue was loosened by the wine it seemed. had he known rashepses thought of him in terms of wealth he might have laughed; he had nothing, no love, no home, no purpose.

and yet he was not so roused by the thought.

to commit a third time. to fail.

"what are your goals, militarily speaking, semer-wati?" he asked, shifting their subject to easier things.