Hushed Willows You'll be my nightlight
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,423 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
I know we already have one so no rush <3
It seemed as if nothing could touch her now that her brother was here. The task of growing her children was a daily trial, but all that was forgotten in his presence. It was strange, she thought, to feel so much peace. Still, Reverie tried not to smother him; her time was split between each member of her growing family, and would soon be split even further.

It was difficult, though. Whenever she went looking for him and spent more than a few minutes searching, her heart started to race. It was stupid. She told herself often that he wouldn't have come here, he wouldn't have promised to stay if he didn't mean it. But promises could always be broken. And she'd always hated that about them. A promise was only placation parading as certainty.

Was she placated? She couldn't be sure yet. And now, Reina — oh, but she couldn't let that taint her time with him. Not yet. Not so soon. Reverie tried to put those thoughts out of her mind as she parted from her den to search for @Everett.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer
the weeping prophet
88 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
<33!! I can never have too many with you! <3

Everett spent most of his days exploring Hearthwood. Hunting, when he could, filling the caches, and ensuring Boone had ample support in caring for Reverie in these latter stages of her pregnancy. He hadn't had the chance to care for her well during her first round with Blossom, hadn't been there for his niece's first breath, or first steps, or first words - but things would be different this time around. One day, he knew the Singer of Worlds would lead him back down to the caves he'd left at Sweetharbor to finish the wood etching he'd started there, but for now, He had him in Hearthwood, and until He moved otherwise, Everett would listen and stay.

Reverie needed him here.

Maybe he equally needed her.

Everett looked for her today, while simultaneously poking at the trees on his way towards her den in search of any loose bark he could strip from them. A hollowed log did even better, and was what distracted him from finding his sister now. Perched on the sodden wood, he bent down to peer upsidedown through the carved out trunk. Hmm. They had no driftwood, but maybe this would do...
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,423 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It didn't take long to find her brother; his attention was focused wholly on the inside of the hollow tree he stood upon. Feeling playful, Reverie slowed her approach in a half-hearted attempt at stealth. She rolled onto her back as she came close, nose extending upward as she peered into the trunk alongside Everett. Her tail thumped softly against the ground.

I feel, She announced with slow, dramatic enunciation. Like a fish that's been left in the sun for two days. And she couldn't see anything interesting on the inside of this tree. She reached out with both forepaws to push against the ceiling of the small space, grimacing slightly at the way the damp wood squished between her toes.

I think that means it's almost time, Reverie went on, glancing up at Everett. I've been thinking... I'd like you to be there. When it's time. And after, too - if you want. Those first days of the aftermath were always the hardest; there was no one more suited to see her at her worst than Everett. He'd been there, however intermittently, through all of her lowest moments in the last year — and she trusted him.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you