Hushed Willows Love is in the air, I just gotta figure out a window to break out
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,425 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Dated for the 2nd!
She had moved her children from the whelping den to her den atop the hill, the one she'd once shared with Boone. Reverie had asked @Everett and @Blossom to take up residence in the large den, offering them their own spaces separate from herself and the newborns if they wished. Even so, it felt too big and too empty.

She'd resolved to busy herself, to run the pack from within her den if that was what it took. Overnight she'd elevated her brother to the position of Coach; she couldn't bear the thought of giving Boone's title away, but neither could she do this alone. The rest of the pack would soon know her decision — and if they disliked it, if they parted from Hearthwood because of it, that was alright with her. This was no time for fair-weather friends.

Today she called Everett, @Reina, and Tybault to her. It would be the first of several small meetings with her pack. There was so much to be done, and she was already so tired.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Hushed Willows
Singer
156 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Times were tumultuous in the pack. Reina could feel the turning of the tides, the uncertainty smashing against the shores of everyone’s minds. Her own was a storm of thoughts.

She made a promise to Reverie that she would support her. Part of it was selfish, she realized that about herself. The other part was that she knew what it felt like to be alone, to know a loss so deep it was suffocating. 

So, when her Coach called to her, she obliged, ready to be of service in any way, shape, or form.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Singer
148 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tybault had not been asked to move into Reverie's den with the others, but he was never far. He felt like an outsider among his own family; his sister who barely tolerated him, his brother who surely hated him, his niece who didn't know him at all. But he hadn't come here to be welcomed or loved. He'd come here to earn forgiveness, however painful that might be.

So he guarded her den from the base of the rise which led up to it. When she called, he was quick to arrive. His gaze flitted over the newborns, only a few days old now. Medeiros children, though he knew that his sister would never call them that. Only a brief disdainful glance was spared for the red-furred woman, Reina, whose aggression he had not forgotten.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,425 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Since this round will be mostly geared toward Reina and Tybault anyway, I decided to post it! Everett is still very much welcome, esp since the next topic involves him <3
Reina was the first to answer her call. Reverie greeted her with a warm smile, though the expression faded as Tybault entered the den. She still loved him, she thought. And he'd been there; through the hours between the loss of her son and the birth of her daughters, he hadn't once left his position outside the den. Even so, she was reminded of that terrible night with Lestan each time she looked at him. Reverie had noticed, too, a strange tension between her brother and Reina, and the thought of a rivalry between the two exhausted her already.

It was a blessing, then, to have other things to focus on in this moment. Hi, She began softly, not feeling much like the leader she was meant to be. Above all else she was tired. The birth of her children had nearly killed her, left her weak in a way she'd never felt before. Sometimes she thought the only thing that had kept her alive was that wordless intuition which had told her that Boone would not return that night. That he would not return ever. Sometimes she thought that if he had been there, she would not be here.

But she was here, and she had to try to keep this pack alive — for her daughters, if nothing else. I need - I need you both to do something for me. For Hearthwood, Reverie wasn't sure how to ask. She hoped they wouldn't hate her for sending them together. Without Boone, I - I don't know how much longer the pack will stay together. I was never meant to be in charge of things, not really - I was only meant to help him with it all. We need - we need alliances with other packs. Stronger packs. It might help, and even if it doesn't, at least we'll all have somewhere to go.

Reina - you're going to Moontide with Kukutux, aren't you? I want Tybault to go with you, so you can both talk to Heph and Rodyn on behalf of Hearthwood, She took in a slow breath and continued. After that, I'd like you both to travel to a pack called Akashingo. Ask for Senmut, and negotiate with him, too. Please. It didn't please her to ask this of them, but she could hardly make the journey herself.

It isn't a short trip, Reverie admitted, gaze searching each of their faces. But I've seen Akashingo's strength, and their leaders know me. And Hearthwood's own position was still strong for now, though she left this part unspoken. They could all see it, their swollen ranks propped up on stilts; a pack half-filled with strangers who might blow away with the wind at any moment. Already Tuft meant to leave. Their time to negotiate was limited.
Hushed Willows
Singer
156 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
She stifled the lifting of her lip as the stranger passed her, the want to snap at him for giving her the look he dared. If only for Reverie, she decided to ignore the male; he was not worth a response. Her gaze turned to the Coach, Reverie’s smile was returned, a warmth spreading through her body, but a chill replaced it as the red watched her Angel’s face as she regarded the male.

Their scents were similar, much in the same way as there had been a similarity between Everett and Reverie. Another family member, it seemed. Another male presence, one entirely different than the newcomers, one amongst them she enjoyed thoroughly. This male was hardened, guarded. She wanted nothing more than to part ways as soon as possible once Reverie was done with them.

Unfortunately, that was not to be the case if she understood Reverie’s commands correctly. This time, she did not stifle her reaction. “You’re sending me away? With him?! I am not a diplomat, Reverie.” She could not believe her ears! Reverie was asking for the Middleman to break her promise, to leave when she swore to stay and remain. Not only that, but she would leave with a man she didn’t know, and, least of all, trusted.

A kernel of hurt bloomed in her chest; small, but its roots gripped her heart. She couldn’t fathom being away from the pack, from the little family she swore to protect above all. Not only that, but the male held no loyalty to her; what if she were attacked again? Would he even help? 

Or would she find herself face-to-face with The Jester of the Universe, Life, once again?

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Singer
148 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Through it all, Tybault was silent. He wasn't surprised that his sister was sending him away from the pack; it was part of his penance, no doubt. What surprised him was that he was not meant to go alone. He still wasn't sure who Reina was to his sister, but he was beginning to understand her significance, if only because she'd been called among family.

He met Reverie's eyes and nodded. He would go whether the red-furred woman followed or not. Moontide called to mind the pack he'd once encountered in his search for his sister, Moonglow. Tybault still had not recognized Kukutux's presence within Hearthwood; that night had been dark and filled with chaos and blood, and he had scarcely looked at the midwife. So he only wondered at the similarities for now. He would know soon enough, he figured.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,425 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tybault accepted the task quietly — but Reina was hurt, she saw that. Reverie frowned, caught off guard and a little hurt herself. I - I can send someone else... She offered softly, tone wavering a little. Her confidence in this request had already been low.

I asked you because I trust you, and this is important. But you don't have to go, She knew that Tybault would, at least. Whether she truly trusted him to know what she would want was a matter for debate, and the reason she had asked Reina to go with him, but did it matter? Reverie would give anything to secure her daughters' futures. Surely he would know that, at least.
Hushed Willows
Singer
156 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Azure eyes welled, though tears did not fall. Reina did not lower her eyes, she wanted Reverie to see what her request had done. The Angel must have an idea of the red woman’s affection for her, it was hardly her best kept secret. She was afraid; afraid to lose the one person who saw her, saved her.

Yet, deep in her heart, and seated at the forefront of her mind, she knew that she must go. Not only for herself to continue her training, but for the pack, and ultimately, the safety and well-being of the family she held the closest.

With a resigned sigh and a bowed head, she relented. “Your wish is my command, then. I will go. Anything for pack.”

Anything…for you.

Mature Content Warning

Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,425 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Skipping myself because I can
Guilt rose bitterly in the back of her throat as she took in the sight of Reina's tears. She hadn't meant to hurt her. It would be difficult to be parted for so long, Reverie knew that, but there were so few wolves she trusted to do this.

Thank you, Reina, She murmured. Her gaze found Tybault for a moment as she continued, though the words were still meant for Reina. Tybault is my brother. He'll protect you. Reverie met the Middleman's eyes then, wanting her to know that she meant this.

He might not let you have any fun, She added with a faint smile. But you'll be safe.

And I'll be here when you get back. I promise. By then, perhaps, the children would be ready to leave the den for the first time. She could already picture it. A beautiful, sunny morning, Everett and Reina at her side. Maybe she would invite Kyrell, too. It would be a good day, she was sure.
Hushed Willows
Singer
156 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Ah, another brother. She looked at Tybault, then, and noticed the similarities. But, where Reverie was the golden sun, the male was a thunderous cloud. Could she truly trust this man with her life if it came down to it? She had to trust him, trust Reverie, in this decision to go forth with the Coach’s plan.

Quote:And I'll be here when you get back. I promise. 

Will you? She wanted to ask, her heart bleeding. It was her family all over again. She had been taken away from her family, held captive long enough where she hadn’t been able to save them, to stop what would happen as they slept. Isn’t this the same? The needs of the pack will take her away, again—what will she find when she returns?

If she returns. She closed her eyes, breathing deeply in an attempt to settle the anxieties crawling underneath her skin. 

Reverie’s attempt at a joke at the expense of the tightly drawn male made Reina chuckle, but it was without its usual mirth. Eyeing the male, words holding a small amount of humor, she volleyed her own attempt back. “I don’t think he could keep up with me even if he did. You seem so uptight, Tybault, maybe I can teach you a little bit on how to let loose.” 

It was a feigned confidence, this whole conversation throwing her in left field. She was once considered a wild child, but that girl died with her family.

Mature Content Warning