Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
water dappled into the afternoon light as heda shook her red hackles beneath a gentle downpour. she pointed solemnly over the edge of the cuesta to the remains of an elk cow and a deer stag.
"they ran off the cliff," heda said to @Anselm, swinging down with a practiced and expert nature to pluck meat from amid muddy bones. "i helped, i guess."
there was amusement in her today, glimmering for a moment as she collected enough meat to fill a cache as she'd done every few days since.
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
The splatter of rain caused scent molecules in the air to almost percolate; Anslem could sense the rotting meat well before he spotted it. 

Heda leapt down the tumbled stones with ease. Anselm watched her for a moment, expression inscrutable — before he carefully descended. 

At the base with the dead bodies, Anselm studied the ascent. He was impressed with Heda’s indirect kills, but said nothing complimentary. Ve could drag them up together. He suggested, though the cliff face was daunting enough the task would be difficult.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
"i hadn't considered it. i didn't think it was something i could do alone," heda remarked, glancing up from where she pulled entrails into the open.
like anselm, she was careful. the butchering took most of her focus, thankfully enough. yet then she made as if to cut the skin from around a skull, instead slipping in the mud with an exclamation of surprise and anger.