Hushed Willows [m] Hanging up the knives, humming melodies that rhyme
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Boone was breaking; crumbling, and Reverie's anger finally caved to his fear. She went to him even as he fell to screaming pieces, pulling him fiercely into her arms, her own sobs mingling with his. I'm not leaving, Her voice trembled. She repeated it again, again, again; as many times as it took to calm him. I'm not. I'm not going anywhere.

I'm sorry, Reverie pressed her face into his fur. I'm sorry I can't - be normal, I'm sorry. She was still crying. You're not like him. You're not. I'm sorry I said it. I'm sorry. She had done this; she had hurt him. Maybe that was all she was good for.

When they had both calmed, she steadied her voice and began again. I just - I don't want you to resent me for this, or - or be so scared that you push me away, Her voice was thick with the threat of returning tears. I don't want you to get tired of me because I'm sick all the time. That was - that's what happened with Lestan. He was never cruel or cold to me. He was just - tired and scared, and tired of being scared. I ruined his life, and I - I don't want to ruin yours too.

When I bleed like that... there's nothing anyone can do. It stops or it doesn't. I know it's scary. And it hurts. And I accepted that this would happen - that I would have to make this sacrifice, but I - I can't do it if you're going to shut me out like that, In spite of her efforts, Reverie found herself crying again. Her breaths came quicker; the panic was returning. What if - what if it hadn't stopped? What if I had died? I would have died scared and - and upset, thinking that you didn't love me anymore. I can't - I can't do - I can't do that.

But she couldn't finish; couldn't breathe. She felt dizzy. Reverie was quiet a moment, swaying just slightly — and when her lips parted again to speak, she only managed the slightest sound. It died in her throat as quickly as it began. Her vision flickered as her eyes abruptly rolled back, and she went slack in his arms, all the threads of her consciousness but one snapping at once.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] Hanging up the knives, humming melodies that rhyme - by Reverie - January 13, 2024, 10:43 PM