Hushed Willows But damn girl, since you've come around
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
963 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language

Something had shifted in the air—he might have been drowning in his guilt and misery, but it wasn’t lost on him that it was Reverie who was throwing the lifeline now, when in truth, she had every right to let him sink.

His eyes remained distant, even with the sound of her voice—but it was the brush of her paw that caught him once more—eyes sharply glancing down as she nudged once more with tenacity the herbs she had offered him before. The roil of his stomach was not forgotten—but it was only on the grace of her persistence that he plucked the herbs forward, thoughtlessly chewing—withholding a shuddering grimace.

“I don’t know why. I can’t help but think that if the wounds had been looked at it sooner, then maybe…”

Then maybe she would have had a better chance. Maybe, the news Reverie reluctantly delivered him now would not have been so bleak. He lifted a paw to rub at his temple, barely withholding the hissed “fuck.”

Mae was probably blind for life.

“It happened in the marsh. Of course it happened in the marsh,” he rumbled darkly. The goddamn witches swamp. “I found her in some fight with this mountain of a man, three times her size.” His lip curled.

The man had a death warrant. Signed with a fucking flourish. “I had him pinned in submission, Reverie… and I let him go. I didn’t realize until we were home, because she took off. She didn’t want me to see. I don't know why.”

Like in her shock, she felt she could hide away. “I had him fucking pinned.”
Messages In This Thread
But damn girl, since you've come around - by Reverie - April 19, 2024, 02:13 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 19, 2024, 02:30 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 19, 2024, 08:08 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 20, 2024, 09:14 AM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 20, 2024, 03:19 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 20, 2024, 05:27 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 23, 2024, 10:22 AM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 23, 2024, 02:00 PM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 24, 2024, 07:39 AM
RE: But damn girl, since you've come around - by Akavir - April 24, 2024, 08:13 AM