Ankyra Sound it comes and goes in waves
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
AW - maybe @Lusca or @James or @Rosalyn ? or all three?!

along the outer rim of the sea the sun sunk red and raw into the shimmering water -- there was an effulgent flare of cerise and then the sun was no longer and the world was cast into an iridescent green and blue intensity. the coywolf's gaze trailed along the western horizon where an orange and green film was all that remained of the glaring star. by now the baying seals would have slunk off into the blackness of the sea and the strand would be uninterrupted save for the chorus of the waves. for now the reedy thing sat quietly along the shore as the surf pounded incessantly besides her.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
i'm a hold my cards close, i'm a wreck what i love most
123 Posts
Ooc —
Evening came and went, until the sun was only a fitful gleam across a sea of cresting waves, and the air became cooled by refreshing whisks of seagoing wind. With little else to do that might occupy her increasingly hateful mind, Lusca sat several yards at bay from Caiaphas' post, her igneous stare smoldering holes into the back of her head––a flame to dehydrated parchment paper. 

An uptight expression creased her brow, refusing to budge as she rolled all the abuse she'd suffered from the woman, for weeks now and with no end on the horizon, like a dime over the callused knuckle of her mind.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She'd recovered enough for slightly longer walks, though still moving was painful and her frame was frightfully slight.  She now figured she quite fit in with the others of Saltwinter - one of the crew at long last.  A matching set of ragged scarecrows wandering the beach.

Speaking of.  She was out without much of a purpose and completely by accident seemed to have wandered into an uncomfortable sort of pow-wow.  They sat in silence, and Rosalyn observed Lusca's facial expression with a growing sense of hilarity.  How was Caiaphas' head not in pieces?

"Cheery evening, isn't it?" she put forth to no one in particular, breezing through the thick atmosphere and stepping her way towards the waves.  Though she still held no large amount of love for their salty queen, Rosalyn was in no shape to be complaining of any of her packmates at the moment.  So there was an honest pleasantry about her instead of the usual distaste.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas was unaware of the inexorably simmering glare lusca had currently ludged towards her like a spear -- and had she known, she likely would have chased after the rakish little urchin with her own set of equally savage teeth. but for now, the siren was blissfully unaware -- that was until rosalyn's voice penetrated the raspy hum of the ocean.

caiaphas swept a long ear back, though her gaze remained on the sea a moment longer. she pivoted slowly, watching as rosalyn crested the waves besides her. lusca, a good distance away, was given a stare and a slip of her tongue as if taunting ankyra's favorite captive. "it's good enough." she replied, taken aback by the cheerful demeanor of her normally surly comrade. "what's got you in such good spirits? did you drink some of lusca's soup?"
123 Posts
Ooc —
sorry for the hold up. stopped to get starbucks

Cheery evening, isn't it? 

Startling, Lusca shifted into her lame leg and grimaced––though the pain had mitigated over the weeks, it was still a nagging, troublesome sensation when she wasn't mindful of her weight distribution. 

Seemingly out of nowhere, the rufous female arrived on site of the white-knuckled assembly, approaching Caiaphas foremost with her cheery narration of the scene. Lusca watched in silence, allowing them the doings of social devoir; attitude skewered and eyes narrowed to slits as 'Phas poked her tongue and remarked upon the integrity of her delicious bisque. She knew sarcasm. She was fluent in sarcasm. That was totally sarcasm. Meet me in Hell's Kitchen, ho.

Enough of that. Bouncing off her haunches, the omega put on a polite smile and jogged over to the duo. "Ladies." She tipped her snout at Rosalyn and Rosalyn's shadow, alternating looks between them but also watching Caiaphas out of the corner of her eye. And to the coal-headed matriarch, she turned with a coldness mulling over her countenance and said: "Caiaphas." Her lip snagged on her tooth––a smarmy smile if anything at all. 
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Fraid not.  Just enjoying the lovely day,". She said offhandedly, turning to who she assumed must be 'Lusca'.  She didn't recall if they had met.  It didn't seem like she and the Queen were on friendly terms, and she silently delighted in the shade thrown Caiaphas' way.  Hell, even when it didn't involve her, the sometimes drama-hound was always on alert.  She did love a good burn.

"So, you an old friend of hers?"  She asked Lusca innocently, getting an inkling somehow that wasn't the case but in a good enough mood that 'fuck it' was the current feeling.  She'd isolated long enough that even this surly company had her spirits lifted.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
lmao oh my god this thread

caiaphas canted her ears forward as lusca stirred. a bland, politely interested expression coalesced across her face, as if she cared at all what the scraggly urchin spoke. lusca's second inferrment was met with an icy, judging stare -- her muzzle lifted sharply and she, without skipping a beat, supplied a cold rejoinder: "rosalyn.... meet 'enrgry oorchin'." she was delighted by @Vlad's clever nickname of the sulky girl -- and even more so delighted to have a chance to use it. "not quite friends -- this one was discovered in the grotto, probably born there. certainly explains her basal looks and nature." huff!!
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Hope you don't mind if I sneak this in too!  if Lusca would respond before however let me know :)

Hmm.  Another Vlad find.  How was she not surprised?  "Then she fits right in with this lot, doesn't she?"  Rosalyn jibed, finding it somewhat hilarious to hear someone else described as 'basal' by the siren.  And now she was included in that sorry number.  Tradgedies abound.

"Here I thought you were the only one native to those caves.  I'm surprised you didn't cross paths sooner then.  You sure you aren't sisters?"  The last was permeated by a light chuckle... unlikely to be recieved well, but she couldn't help it.  Caiaphas knew the grotto better than any of her subordinates, and Rosalyn was of the opinion she herself had likely sprung from the rocks like some sort of troll-wolf.
123 Posts
Ooc —
wow sorry for holding this up! feel free to skip over me if i continue to be a jackass. also omg dana scully my truluv

She parted her lips to answer Rosalyn's question, but Caiaphas rudely lobbed her oar in and pried the two away from what could have potentially been a very illuminating conversation. The wolf swung her lank hips away from the countess, circling at Rosalyn's rear, fearing she was due for a hiding. 

Engry Oorchin––not to say that Lusca didn't enjoy her own imaginative epithets for Caiaphas and her Squalid Squad, but they were used often in the adytum of her own thoughts, and the consideration of trot out Fishwife preyed on her mind the instant Caiaphas' gums curled contemptuously around the alias. Lusca's countenance dimmed as she was taunted, likened to Gollum in a roundabout way, and she pulled up alongside the ruddy female, again, staring unblinkingly at their queen consort. "Mm, discovered. Interesting wording. I too have heard it used synonymously with captured." She said. 

Resentment built until it was fit to scream from her. Never once had "fitting in" seemed so uninviting as it did when placed under Saltwinter's "survivors" brand name. Not thrivers. Survivors. They weren't even striving for prosperity, they were perfectly content with struggling and graduating through ranks in the pack was equivalent to graduating from University of Phoenix––useless and unimpressive. "Actually––Rosalyn, was it?––we are relatives. Albeit distant ones." she blatantly scanned Caiaphas' figure. "It's incredible how some of you managed to avoid extinction. You sure did miss some key evolutionary milestones. Empathy, intelligence––and oh, it's tragic how inbreeding affects one's appearance." 
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
phas out - sorry for the wait, i'm going to wrap up some of my older threads so feel free to PP phas for an ending!

caiaphas could not disguise the sullen expression that sunk her features as both wolves teased her -- she had never been good natured, and it showed in the slow rise of her hackles. with a snap at lusca she rose, trailing stiffly in the wolf's direction. her teeth flashed before lusca's snout and she replied: "captives don't get the luxury of speaking freely." with that, unless the wolf offered some sort of physical rejoinder, caiaphas would find herself stalking dourly from their company.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
last for me also :D
The divide set nicely in Rosalyn's vision; she and Lusca on one side, the irate queen on the other.  She took a wicked delight in Caiaphas' apparent mood swing and, though she did not know if the other saw friend or foe in her, took the opportunity to back the woman's barbs.  It was an unpassable chance.

"I've had a cousin or two.  Regrettable thing, but there's always a few in a bloodline." She said with a conspiratorial lilt, inwardly crowing in delight when the alpha stalked away in a huff.  Vlad may share Caiaphas' disdain for the captive, but Rosalyn saw instead a possible ally if she played it right. 

"Charmed.  Perhaps this place has some merit after all." Roz gave a final, distinctively catlike grin before flipping her tail in farewell.  Purpose solidified now in the slight twinges of hunger that hit - perhaps Vlad would have a morsel or two for her by now.  She stepped off, but her expression remained satisfied: trying to cultivate a connection or two in this new place couldn't go amiss.
123 Posts
Ooc —
archiving :3

Clicking her teeth at the sharply regarding gaze of the little omega, Caiaphas hissed a parting utterance that could only be perceived as a halfhearted, unconfident attempt at bullyragging Lusca back into her rank. She shrank back with flattened ears, flinching at the threat of Caiaphas' teeth fretting against scar tissue, but straightened right back up as the witch, in a fit of pique, stalked away. A smirk drew to her lips. 

Decidedly satisfied with the outcome of her insults––in spite of knowing well she would pay hefty taxes for it later––she straightened her shoulders and turned to Rosalyn. "Family reunions are a bitch."

As the ruddy woman made to depart, Lusca grinned with a new sense of comradery and bid her tongueless farewell, slinking off to find an appropriate hiding spot in anticipation of discipline for her, frankly gross, misconduct.