Hushed Willows tonight, i'm gonna have myself a real good time [YULE]
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Nobody seemed to be doing anything too exciting at this point, which was somewhat unfortunate but to be expected.  People were on their best behavior.  Probably.

Anyway, eventually one guy headed towards her, which once she was sure he was heading her way drew her curiosity for a bit.  She wasn't exactly the wolf who would go and hide what few expressions she'd show, and she wasn't the most sly of wolves either.  Treason dipped her head then replied,   Go for it.

It was unfortunate that the wolves of what she saw as potentially good breeding were already attached to different packs, as he obviously was just from his scent.  However, unlike the Plateau (where she'd have no qualms trying to poach members if given the chance), Easthollow wolves seemed to be reasonably amiable so she wouldn't muck with them.  Unless they wanted her to.  Okay, despite her quests to find eligible men that she could stuff into some kind of bizarre competition, she wasn't quite so desperate to go for a wolf that did seem so much older than her that was also in Easthollow -- maybe if he had a younger brother...

Treason's version of being friendly wasn't exactly warm and bubbly.  Sure, she was being amiable in her following response, but she was always a bit sharp around the edges, Well then, neighbor -- I'm Treason of Lost Creek. Of course, like every time she introduced herself, she had to see how he'd react -- it was that little way for her to snap-judge others.  Are the festivities a bit much for you then?  It's not much my style.  But it wasn't the end of the world -- Greyback had shown up and might provide a bit of entertainment.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Well, uh, no one volunteered to do a song or a story. So that was cool. Lily smiled regardless, wagging her tail like she normally did. Just smile and wag, girl. Smile and wag.

But no, it was good. All of the packs she'd invited had shown up in some form or another, and everyone more or less looked like they were having a good time. She was proud of herself for bringing them together, for creating something that might be remembered. Mum would be proud of her too, she thought with pride.

Thus pleased--at least mostly--Lily laughed and began playing a game with @Séamuss, who was nearby. She jerked her chin at Khali, inviting him to tag along so the trio could have their own fun.

this round ends--let's say Monday the 7th
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It was not too long before others arrived, and Olive made quite a good time of watching each new face and inhaling every new scent that arrived. Lily had done an incredible job spreading word to the other packs and encouraging them to show face. This was the entire point of Elysium, to spread healing and good vibes throughout the land, was it not? It was simply exquisite to watch ones’ dreams and hard work come to fruition right before ones’ eyes, but here it was — supported not only by she and Seabreeze, but by Lily and Delight and Khali and the Morningside wolves and the various different packs that dotted these surrounding lands. They had all rallied behind a cause, which was Yule of course, but it really felt like they were all rallying around her.

Lovely Lily began to sing, a wonderful song of bliss and cheer. Olive was not much a singer but she waited for the chorus repeat once, twice and three times before her own voice, soft and lilting, was added to the coterie.

Sing, all! Yule is nigh!
Dance, all! The moon is high!
Love will never die!
Our stories live forever!

Then, it very much seemed that everyone broke off into small groups and proceeded with their own conversations. For a moment, Olive was left out of any of those aforementioned groups [as Olive often was]. This, Olive was okay with — she teetered somewhere on the edge of introvert and extrovert and often this manifested as a quiet shyness — but at least she was there, and she loved being there and experiencing all the wonderful things this fête had to offer. Didn’t mean she had to corner anyone and force a conversation in order for that to happen.

— but then, Olive caught an interesting sight. Treason, whom Olive knew from her time in Sunspire. They had not parted on the world’s best of terms, but the relationship between her and Rannoch and not soured. She and Treason had never been friends, and for that reason, Olive was not eager to interact with her. The willowed sylph began to turn her head, eyes searching for the sight of her beloved — to both warn her of Treason’s appearance and to seek comfort by her side — but saw that Seabreeze was already being entertained by the likes of @Delight and @Terence.

Perhaps it was all innocent, and she was just friends with Delight and Terence was only here to see his kids, but Olive felt a flash of who-knows-what flare up in her gut. She was not a dominant being [if fact, her very soul repelled the idea of hierarchy and competition, thus Elysium’s rank structure], oh but Olive wanted to make her claim known! The pale woman stood up, which was quite sudden considering she had been relatively inert until this moment, and snaked her way over to the cluster of wolves.

Olive nudged Eleuthera, who was always hesitant to socialize [like mother, like daughter], and sent her down the same path as @Lily and Seamus, bless that woman. Then Olive pulled up alongside Seabreeze, overtly pressing into her in a way that spoke this is my woman and smiled.
“Hello Delight,” Olive greeted the smokey wolf before turning to the aphotic, scarred man who once called Seabreeze his own. “Terence, welcome back to Elysium.” Elysium was the concept that Olive had fractured his and Seabreeze’s family over. Did he hate her for it? While this was not the man’s first visit to the willows, but Olive clenched her jaw as she searched Terence’s face for any indication of resentment — or possession. Then she just continued to be virtually tied to her wife’s side, smiling like a fool and tried to look particularly inviting. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
When the large woman agreed to let him sit he did so, his large frame lowering gracefully till he was sitting tall. She seemed nice enough, willing to introduce herself and give him her time and company.

He sat silently, looking out at the wolves and sniffing lightly when one walked close. The were many smells, but Treason's was the one he felt most comfortable with. Lost Creek was close to Easthollow, and while he had never met them he knew that both of the packs were on relatively good terms and trusted that it's members knew how to respect all the same.

He gave a deep hum in agreement to the wolf. "I've never been to a celebration this large before. I'd be lying if I said the many packs were a bit overwhelming." He fell silent, glancing to her out of the corner of his eye but never turning to meet her face. He found it wouldn't be much of a conversation if they talked about the party both of them were hiding from.  "Tell me about your pack, i'm quite curious." he chuckled.

69 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
This is such a cool idea—thanks for making it happen, Miryam!  :D
... Note that Talos is not with the other SWCers, 'cause she's distinctly too busy being an antisocial little ass. ...Anyone who would nonetheless like a separate thread with her a little ways away from the festivities here though, please let me know!  ;)

Talos hadn't heard the news, but the scent and sound and, as she drew closer, sight of so many wolves from so many different places all gatheirng together was notable and strangely alluring. And it wasn't as if they were trying to hide their presence: it was the soaring notes of beautiful and harmonious song that, like the mythical Sirens, drew her inexorably in, though she stopped short of dashing herself onto the rocks or emerging fully into the clearing whence everyone else was mingling (same difference, really). The coal-coated youngster kept to the shadows of the trees, eyes as silvery as the gleaming moon above hungrily watching the cheery gathering of wolves as they chattered and laughed and enjoyed one another's company. It was a far cry from her own, largely self-induced recent tumultuous experiences, and a large lump gathered in Talos's throat as she skulked restlessly along the farthest edge from the other, more-sociable wolves. It didn't seem very fair to her that she was by necessary stubbornness excluded from joining in on the comingling... But there was one of her brothers, Akavir, and even more concerningly over there was her father Constantine. The scent and sight of them caused Talos's restless paws to draw an imaginary line which they would not cross, however much the joyous joining of other wolves called to her.

She kept a wary eye trained steadily on Alpha Constantine in particular, holding herself tensely ready to flee should he make a move in her direction or so much as show himself aware of her presence. She didn't particularly want to speak with her brother either at the moment, but it was her father, especially, whom she still blamed for the instability in their little family and carefully nursed her grudge against, fair or not. For an instant the moon played peekaboo with the clouds and distracted her by alighting upon what had to be the biggest and fluffiest wolf Talos had ever in her life seen; she was unreasonably jealous as he strode over to speak to another wolf she didn't know, one who was also holding herself back somewhat, if more visibly and closer in than Talos. That wasn't fair either, though—lurking all ninjalike on the outskirts was her idea, and her overdramatic demonstration of stubborn antisociality! Obviously no one else was allowed to do anysuch thing, therefore, gosh. Talos shot the grey-and-white lady (one @Treason) a defiantly sullen glance with more than a hint of resentment before her eyes drifted inexorably away back to her father.

The song they'd shared had been so very pretty. And aspired to such beautiful ideals, too, ideals she might have scorned as overly utopian if the wolves before her hadn't seemed to actively be putting them into practice before her eyes here and now. How were they able to will such peaceful and wonderful relations into being simply by singsongily wishing them to be? Combative young Talos didn't quite understand it, but she did envy it. Deeply. ...And she only resented it more as those gathered were invited to share stories and songs of their own. Talos had stories of her own, maybe even a song—she remembered how wonderful Wraen had been in helping her concoct such tales, and it stung badly not to feel truly welcome to share them aloud here and now. Worst of all was that on some level she knew that it was really only herself that was stopping her from doing so ...herself and her continued, self-mandated inability to cope with her own family and pack.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Hey all, this will be my last post in this thread! Feel free to continue to free post--I will archive this on the 21st, a month after it was posted.

Eleuthera joined them as well, and the three (plus Khali, if he joined in) played a rousing game of capture the stick, with Lily more than once tripping over her own paws, laughing in the dirt. Before long, she was tuckered out, and the children were starting to look a little sleepy as well. She cuddled up to Khali with a barely-stifled yawn, eyes flashing up to the moon, then back down at everyone.

Everyone.

Oh, it's wonderful, Lily murmured, cheek pressed against her mate's broad shoulder. It's so absolutely wonderful. She blinked away the tears that had gathered suddenly, sniffling once before shutting her eyes. Never before did she think that the feeling of home would be captured so perfectly, but tonight it was. Her parents' legacy lived on, hundreds of miles away.

The wolves partied until the sun came up, after which some left for their own homes and others fell asleep where they sat, exhausted by the night's revelry. Lily was one of the latter, drifting off somewhere between pre-dawn and the brilliant light of morning. Her dreams were all so good.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Eyes bright and curious, Rue waited for one of the Swiftcurrent Creek wolves to indroduce their family. Her amber gaze slid between the pair, their stretch of silence beginning to fringe on awkward as it steadily lengthened.

"So.. who is your friend, Soltero?" Rue asked at the exact moment that Soltero blurted something about... what was that? Something about feet and.. licking? Rue's expression clouded in confusion.  "Sorry, I didn't catch all that," Rue apologized. The hum of the surrounding party was growing louder and more chaotic as wolves broke into groups and started their own conversations and activities. Perhaps she had heard incorrectly? 

"Maybe we can find somewhere quieter to speak?" Rue suggested, tilting her head toward the outskirts of the clearing where the group was gathered.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She watched him a lot more directly, partially because she was debating if she should ask if he had any younger clones.  Treason tipped her head inquisitively, What kind of things would you want to know? But that wasn't exactly the best way to end the dialog part of a post so she listed a few things that might be useful, We were at Sunspire initially and came to the Creek.  Terance, nod towards where he was in the distance if he was even visible, and I lead it... And I don't know if you knew them, but some of the Bearclaw members ended up joining us as well.  Can't say there's much else particularly crazy at this point, we haven't been there that long.  She shrugged.  Sure, they knew the territory by now, but they hadn't seen it in a wide variety of seasons yet.  Maybe by the fall they'd have more to say.

I haven't met many of your packmates, but I keep running into Aerasha.  And she didn't seem particularly happy with that given the slight scrunching of the top of her muzzle, but she was doing her best to temper her irritation at least slightly.  She didn't entirely want to trust that he'd brush off Treason not being a fan, but she was also pretty sure that Aerasha would be pretty divisive in people's reactions to her.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) for Talos, Treason hadn't even noticed her.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback listened as the Lost Creek Hollow wolf told him about their pack. It was interesting to think about a pack moving, he couldn't imagine Easthollow leaving their beloved stones—they had wolves buried there, and deep rooted history connecting the heart of the pack. He thought about asking why they did such a thing but didn't want to come off as too prying. "Interesting," he replied before turning to look at her once more. He had no idea she led a pack, but it did make sense due to her stature. What was even more surprising was that Bearclaw had joined them. Several of Valette's family members resided there.

"I knew a few wolves from Bearclaw. They were quite kind," he added "I'm glad to see that their hospitality has spread to Lost Creek." He gave her a smile and a chuckle. Treason was an alright wolf. But his mood soured a bit at the mention of Aerasha. Greyback was a bit weary around his pack mate, and the thought of her representing the pack to another wolf made him inwardly flinch. "I'm sorry if she has said anything out of line. Aerasha is a kind soul— she means well but is a bit..." He fell silent, searching for words. "Unique." he stated flatly.

Greyback gazed out at the body of wolves, eyes searching each member till ge noticed Valette was no where in sight. He had lost track of her while off conversing with another wolf. Perhaps he should go look for her, but did want to give Treason the wrong impression. "Im sorry to cut our conversation so short, Miss Treason but I must go look for Valette," He stood up from where he was the padded downwards onto the level ground. "I hope your pack continues to do well, Easthollow will always welcome you all." he promised, turning to look at her from over his shoulder before disappearing into the mass of bodies.

last post for me!

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
They sang and danced and were merry. Yule came and went, and with the dawning of a new day were memories made, never to be forgotten.