Alpine Lake Thunderbirds are GO!
160 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Private 

@Wraen @Wildfire -- Kat, would you be okay with Wraen (/nick Me) posting first? This is located somewhere NEAR (like a few hundred meters from) Firebirds territory.

-----

After a couple of nights had passed ever since he had met Wraen, he couldn't help but to think about her and their meeting. It was filled with stories of magic, monsters and dragons and somehow he craved for more. Epic wasn't really sure whether it was only the stories that he craved; in general he really enjoyed her presence and for the first time in quite a while it felt like he found a friend. And that was a rare, strange-in-the-gut feeling for a wolf who had only memories of being a lone straggler all his life. Or at least until his black-out.

Night turned into day and day turned into night. Moments turned into minutes and time passed by as the days went on. His charcoal, damp nose picked up the faint outline of her scent and it trailed to the bordery edges of the Firebirds territory. When her scent grew stronger, his heart skipped a beat; out of happiness since he found her but also out of disappointment. With her scent were many other scents intwinted. "Oh-ow." Now what, genius? 

No metal or steal wall needed to be funded to keep the stranger's out. Yikes! For a moment he thought to ring the doorbell by howling; however that might be inpolite. Instead, he decided to wait and let his scent do the talking while waiting at a safe distance. After all, he wanted to visit and see Rennie. Although sometimes life just might get you more than you bargained for.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Well, Epic might have had more luck in calling for Wraen than just waiting until his manly perfume wafter all it's way through the copse and eventually... not finding the lady in question there. She had been hanging out with Maia, doing some hunting and other practical stuff related to pack, all morning and they had parted just recently for whatever reason that's not too important here.

Therefore rather than appearing like a ray of sunshine, Venus from the sea, like a Superman from the sky and basically in any other epic way, she first spotted the lone figure sitting on his own from the distance. Pondered, whether she should explore or not, who the person was. And - luckily for Epic - she decided to draw nearer and not to slink off and send some badass guardians onto him. 

A while had passed, since they had met first and last, and the fellow had not been on her mind all the time, but neatly placed on the shelf among other figurines under the title "People worth knowing". But as the recognition hit her, she began to beam and her step became quicker, until she was running towards him at full speed, stopping only mere feet from him with a flurry of snowflakes, when she hit the breaks.

"I thought that you were kind of never-see-you-again guys," she told him instead of a greeting. "But I am glad I was wrong. Did I leave that lasting of an impression?" she teased him.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Just as unexpectedly as it had started, her heat ended. Wildfire wondered at its brevity (just four days!) but decided not to read too much into it. With its surcease, she no longer felt the need to stick to @Eljay's side at all times, though she did note (with some relief) that she still wanted to be around him. Just not all the time, she thought as she nudged his cheek and went on her way, glad for the freedom to get back to her leadership duties.

She was just fortifying some scent markers near the northern border when she heard a voice. Wildfire stopped to listen, head tilted. Aware she was being nosy, she nonetheless began making her way toward the source, emerging from the tree line to find Wraen and a slim, unkempt male. The Sovereign paused, then remembered her heat had gone. She approached with a watchful but friendly manner, not quite smiling but carrying herself in an approachable way.

"Hey there, Wraen. Who's your friend?"
160 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Usually Epic thought that waiting was rather boring and dull, for it meant all he could stare at was the wilderniss surrounding him. However, he found peace and serenity when staring absent-mindedly at the wintery landscape. The ground, the vegetation and the trees were all covered with the white fluff and now that the sun was about to settle behind the mountainrange, all sorts of colors painted the sky in a picture perfect. 

Even better yet; all the trees, vegetation and beasts caused a shadow upon the sky and soon it made his mind wander away from reality. Back into a world filled with stories, with fantasy and of course with dragons. A subtle, dreamy smile appeared onto his facial features as he gazed off into the distance yet lost in his own world. And here he was, waiting on storyteller Rennie that made his wild wanderings even go beyond any borders that he had known. Time passed quickly. 

"Oh-oh, really?" Epic replied playfully while lifting an eyebrow as he was brought back to reality when Wraen muse-like voice filled his ears. "I think our story just started!" And how would it start? "Once upon a time, Rennie found an EPIC wolf at the lost and found department." Grinning good-natured, his eyes lit up as he turned to her and wondered. "How does the story go on from there?"

When another wolf entered the scenery, his golden eyes quickly yet respectfully observed her. She was petite, slender and fox-like feminine. Her bright coat actually reminded him of a fox. Cool! Epic thought but otherwise opted to remain more formal, quiet and respectful since a question was asked but not directed at him. His body posture changed to a former, more respectable stance. Still, underneath edged a boyish curiousity and enthousiasm; captured and hidden away for now.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Will work for me," Wraen replied, smiling about the "lost and found" department and her player recalling O.Wilde's famous character, who had been found in a handbag in the cloak-room of Victoria station. But since her airy toon was not concerned with references to the literature of 19th century, and was more charmed with the guy before her, she played further: "We'll have to see though. There is a level of awesomeness and lengeda-r-r-r-r-y-ness that has to be achieved."

Then their friendly banter was interrupted by Lady Bracknell  Wildfire, who seemed to have materialized out of thin air and wondered, how much had she heard from their conversation already. "Hello, Wildfire!" she dipped her muzzle politely as she greeted the leader of Firebirds. "This is Epic - an acquaintance of mine," she introduced the fellow and then turned to him, smiling. "Epic - this is Wildfire - leader of Firebirds, the pack I live in."

"Though I happened to find him here by accident, I will have an excessively favourable opinion of myself and will say that he came to visit me?"
 she finished, letting the last part of the sentence end with a question mark. Because she truly had no idea, what he, who was supposed to be hunting dragons in the mountains and saving damsels in distress was doing here.

Reference to O.Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest". And one of my favourite fragments from the play - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1bCOALsBCs
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The stranger's demeanor changed almost instantly, his body shifting into a respectful position, though she felt his eyes on her. Wildfire looked between him and Wraen as the latter offered a whimsical introduction. Epic was an interesting name, though the Sovereign figured he'd probably fielded plenty of comments about it in his time and thus decided not to mention it.

"It's nice to meet you, Epic. Unless you're here to join us and my presence is required here, I can leave you two be to catch up," she offered with a wave of her black tail.
160 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Epic gave Wraen a secretive smile as his mind dazzled at all the adventures that they could have in the future. It was the sort of smile that Dean in Supernatural would also secretly give, especially when it was about to get dangerous. He was about to come back with a witty remark if the situation had been more casual and less formal. He opened his leathery lips, just about to answer his purpose when -- at the same time -- his eyes widened as he heard words that took him back slightly by surprise.

Leader? Joining? Firebirds? "Oh, I.." Had he known that aside from his good-natured friend Rennie he was in the presence of a leader -- a Sovereign even -- he would have prepared better. Like take a bath, wash up, make sure his fur was tidier. Perhaps even try to catch a rabbit. Look fuller. Right now the male felt very uncertain; like showing up as a beggar at a crowned ball. It became even more evident when he took a pause, biting his leathery lips and glueing his ears to his skull. 

After taking a deep breath and a moment to recollect himself, Epic pinched in his two pennies. "I-I-I came to see Rennie." He explained, as he pointed to his friend. However; the thought of joining never even came to his mind; why would a pack even consider the Twiddlesticks male? "B-but I've never had a home. At least not that I can remember. I don't remember ever meeting a leader; especially not one that maybe -- might -- even consider me." He wanted to be brave, look proud, hansome, willingly -- the perfect pack member on paper. But truthfully he wasn't. He was still a young male, having no home, no family and a lot to learn about life.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen exchanged conspirational glances with Epic and at that brief moment she realized that she wanted to greedily keep him here for as long as possible. He was so similar to Maia, who was her best friend, and she wanted to increase that number of besties from one to two. They were firecrackers on their own, but together they could make sky alight with colourful fireworks.

"It would make me very happy, if you decided to stay. Even for a while would work," she beamed at him and then turned to Wildfire. "I met him few weeks ago in the Bonesplinter ravine. From, what I understood, he has been a lone wolf for the most part of his life and, if he has survived this long, I don't think there is doubt about him being able to sustain himself," she paused and then said with a teasing smile. "Cheerful and good-natured fellow, but I will leave the interview to you," with this she fell silent, letting the two discuss the important stuff.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Her impromptu invitation clearly put Epic on the spot. He began stammering in a manner that distinctly reminded Wildfire of her baby daddy Eljay. Perhaps this should've put her off, though it had the opposite effect. She tried to offer him a warm smile. When her facial muscles refused to cooperate (they'd been very stiff since Bat's death), she instead wagged her tail encouragingly.

After the flustered male finished, Wraen spoke up on his behalf. She said good things about him and the Sovereign nodded, appreciating the Tradesman's judgment. But, of course, she would be remiss if she didn't vet him herself.

"We have room, if you're interested and you bring something to the table. Would you say you have any particular skills, Epic, that might be of service to the pack?"
160 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
It would make her very happy if he stayed. Compliment one. His confidence began to grow with each compliment that she gave; at first his head was raised (albeit respectfully). He was called a tough nature survivaler. Compliment two. A soft-natured smile appeared on his facial features. Then she mentioned he was cheerful and good-natured. Compliment three. By this compliment he lit up like a turned-on lightbulb; his golden eyes suddenly had a natural glow as if they were reflected by the sun. But -- with each compliment -- a reddish tomatao-blush warmed up his cheeks, a bright color safely tucked away underneath his fur. He would have lit up like a Christmas tree lights, if only he could. 

"Ssssh, stop it Rennie! All these compliments make me blush; you're making me melt into a puddle of compliment goo." Epic whispered softly into Rennie's direction, thankful in ways more than she could imagine. Giving a compliment was free to do and could light up anyone's confidence. It felt truly empowering. He also felt appreciation and grattitude from the Sovereign Wildfire; his words hadn't put her off. Instead he was greeted by a warm welcome and given an opportunity to join, if he provided the right skillset. "Well, hmm.." He paused, taking an extra moment to think this through.

"I like to travel, see what is out there. Map the terrain. Seek-out what's happening; new pack, new events, new faces. Share information that might be valuable." That's what he loved to do. "Maybe, hopefully I can improve my knowledge on aiding those who are ill." That's something he loved to learn. "But don't ask me a thing about the weather. I'm bad at being a Meteorologist." That's something he would probably never try. And finally; "I'm probably the best-dern mouse catcher you'll ever meet." That last was something that he was proud off; even though he wasn't a feline or a kat. So maybe he did have something to offer!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen watched Epic out of corner of her eye, how his confidence grew with every word of praise she said, and smiled amusedly at him. When she had met him first, he had not seemed like a fellow, who lacked in confidence and therefore needed a boost. She restrained herself from chuckling, when he whispered to her to stop complimenting him, and shot a playful glance in response, which spoke "No way in Heaven!"

If it had been up to Wraen, she would have scooped up this guy, no questions asked. Now, however, the decision was entirely upon Wildfire and she looked expectantly at the Sovereign to hear her verdict. In her opinion, Epic had presented himself nicely enough.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She made a mental checklist as Epic spoke. He was a scout. Wildfire wondered what kind of ambassador he would make, though she couldn't delve into that now. Epic was interested in developing his medical skills, which was certainly a huge point in his favor. They could certainly use someone like that, especially since Corinna didn't seem the most available wolf. He didn't know much about weather, which would've made Wildfire laugh if she hadn't been in mourning. Lastly, he was good with small game. Naturally, this piqued Wildfire's interest.

"I'm a ranger and a small game hunter myself," she shared, though this wasn't about her. It was about Epic and whether he'd fit into her pack. Wildfire glanced at Wraen, who was basically glowing from the inside out, then back to Epic. "I definitely think we can work with those skills. It's up to you which ones you prioritize over others but we could absolutely use a trained medic. If you're interested, I can speak to my sister, Raven, of the Redhawks, and see if she's interested in tutoring."

She hadn't actually said the words (oops), so Wildfire added, "Welcome to Firebirds, Epic." Her tail waved. "I'll leave you in Wraen's good hands. She can give you a tour and show you the ropes. Come find me if you'd like to discuss your training... and just so I can get to know you a bit better myself, of course," were her parting words before she prepared to make herself scarce.
160 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Thanks to Wraen, he almost couldn't feel his own paws; instead for a second there it felt like he was floating upon a light-aired cloud. Not cloud nine, mind you. It had been all the compliments and the playful look that had lifted him up, aired him invisibly into the air as he was boosted.

Wait, what! Wildfire suddenly spoke about his traits and deciding which once's to prioritze and that they could use a medic. Confused, albeit if only for a second, his eyes began to climb upwards. Did this mean...? A mixture of several emotions washed over him; a range from confusion to newfound happiness. Was he..? Before the foxy Sovereign had spoken the magical words of acceptance it already settled in.

Epic wanted to keep his cool but cracks on his pokerface already started to show. "T-t-t-hanks." Epic wanted to say, but he was unable to until moments later when the Sovereign had already disappeared into the shadows. Being an Alpha must be busy and hard work. Turning to Wraen with a smile, he wanted to do a 'high five' but it didn't work out quite as he had planned. Instead he was guided to his new pack, his new home and a route filled with laughter, jokes and light banter.