Moonspear it seems like it never really was enough
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
The last month had been more than enough for the valkyrie to acclimate to her new home. Already, she knew the general lay of the land and had begun to form a routine; before that routine was finalized, however, she wanted the input of @Hydra, perhaps to see if there was anything that she could specifically help with but more so to make it known that she would pull her weight within the ranks of the Spear.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra had hoped to give Keres both space and time to acclimate, despite her own excitement to invade her space and be a part of her company. Early on Keres was exposed to, well, all matters of things... such as Hydra's grievance with wolves of the Teekon Wilds, and that she was prepared to put a stop to their behavior. Semantics were a thing even still she hovered on, and knowing that Keres had experienced much in her short time here she did not seek to overwhelm her. While Hydra thought more of Keres than that, she also would not leave things to chance. 

She wanted this new sister of hers to stay, after all. 

But enough time had passed, she felt; Hydra followed a warm trail that grew stronger by the moment. Anticipating the she-wolf would soon enter her line of sight, Hydra whuffs in greeting with ears pricked and eyes searching for her figure.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
As if conjured by thoughts, Keres turned to find the very wolf she sought, a grin and wave of her tail displaying her affection for her sister instantly. For her, the dark shadow of a woman was easy to be around and easy to get along with, even if they had not yet spent long with each other yet. Keres, however, was a wolf that trusted her instinct and gut feelings, and everything pointed to positives when regarding her leader. 

Just who I was looking for, She greeted, backtracking a touch to close the distance. She would waste no time in elaborating. I would like to be of purpose to the Spear. What specialties are we lacking in?
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was pleased to see her nose had not failed her, and there was the woman she had trailed. It seemed that Keres had also been seeking her; fortune seemed to favor her this evening. And the woman doubly sought to make productive use of her time, though Hydra would have been happy to simply be among her presence. 

Lacking... hm. I do not feel as though we are, she considered, trying to think where Moonspear might fall short. Hydra put little stock in storytellers, her experience with a singular one so dreadful that the idea of them put a foul taste in her mouth. I suppose we could always benefit from scouts, who might learn information of other packs without revealing the same of our own... more guardians and warriors, though that is a personal preference... we all are hunters here, though as for specifics there... there is always room for any of those specialties, she offers.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
That Moonspear did not have many shortcomings was unsurprising to the silvered woman; Hydra left few stones unturned. This, Keres knew even being here for such a short time. It was evident in the operations of the pack, and how its wolves worked together, even when there were newer members. Still, she would find the slack and pick it up wherever she could.

Ears pricked, listening to what few suggestions the woman had to offer, nodding as she soaked up the information. Several of those appealed to her, so the next step would be to figure out what would come first. Perfect. I think I can manage that. Perhaps, She paused, thinking for a moment. Caretaking or coaching as well? I've med several of the mountain's pups recently and have rediscovered the joy of teaching and helping them. Mintaka, Altair, Sialuk. The others, she would meet in time, she was sure.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra nodded to Keres, all too glad to have her here. They would benefit from it, she drawled, meaning it. In the womans short time here, she could sense that she was a wealth of knowledge and strength both. There was not a moment that Hydra doubted this she-wolf was a sister of her own, family through and through. She had Dirge to thank for much, her presence included. 

How is it, being reunited with your brother? she inquired then, with a happy beat of her tail. Hydra for one was quite close with her siblings—littermates and younger ones alike, with the exception of two runaways (the third? Well, the third was no family member of hers). While Hydra understood not all could be perfect, she did hope that the oafish boys (they could hardly be called men with their recent behavior, could they?) would repair what they had been so intent on seeking to tear apart. And idly, she wondered if Keres had any experience with such squabbles.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Good, She answered enthusiastically, her tail swishing happily at the thought. I do not think either of us expected to ever meet again. I am glad to have found him thoguh. To have found all of you. Truthfully, Moonspear had quickly enthralled the woman, becoming home and hearth at a pace that might have alarmed her had she not been literally surrounded by family.

I wish only for my girls to be here with me, now. An open admission made to her sister as clear green eyes slid her way for a moment. Being around your children has made me miss mine. And with no mate, it was unlikely Keres would ever have children again, despite the fact that she secretly longed to. Do you and Dirge plan for another litter?
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Perhaps they will find you here, Hydra murmured, a flash of excitement in her eye for the thought. She could not help but hope so, both for Keres and selfishly for herself. Their expansive family seemed to know no end, and who knew how many more there would be left to discover? Hydra imagined there were many. And as for her first point, I am glad, too—my life would be missing something, without you in it, she drawled. It was true. Hydra felt all the more whole, her heart all the fuller, for her being here. 

Given the topic at hand, she was not entirely surprised by the question posed then. Yes, she answered knowingly. They both ever answered the beck and call of their instinct when the season struck, and Hydra could not see why this year would be any different. Though perhaps plan is not the right word, she considers with a laugh. It was a fruitful enough year, even despite the rain and the quakes. And last Winter was not so terrible, she acknowledged. Looking to Keres, she asked, and what of you, sister? Do you seek any eligible bachelors, this Spring? she inquired, a playful look on her features.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Keres, too, could now not imagine a life where she did not live upon the Spear and did not know the dark queen that her brother had married. Even though only a short time had passed since her arrival here, it now felt like a lifetime ago, one that she did not wish to relive or return to. No, she was happy here, and it showed; in the work she did, in the steps she took to protect the pack, in her wish to do whatever she could to help.

Another wave of her tail happened at the thought of more nieces and nephews, more family to get to know and guide and love, though the motion stilled as Hydra asked a question of her own. Surprised, she looked to the woman, eyes searching her own inquisitively and perhaps a bit hopeful.

I... The words fumbled as they fell from her mouth, surprising even herself. If I can find someone, I'd like to raise my own again, though I have not even a single prospect.

The two women continued talking, beginning to scale the mountain together as they did so.

Fade.
10055/50000 (10055/50000)