Sunspire Mountains feel again
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
@Germanicus @Kallik

Even now the hesitance lingered as she found her way to the borders, refusing to so much has leave her husband's side for the moment... perhaps in the future, sometime soon they could visit Epoch, or furthermore visit Paleo. She could use a conversation with Mahler for some pain medication, after all. She thought perhaps some light amounts of poppy might help Kallik with resting with his injuries.

She called for him, her voice more level as she awaited the imperator's arrival. She was not aware of how things changed, only that Kallik had been found, which meant that the mission she had sought out to accomplish had been done... to think if she had just waited a few more weeks, she needn't have left at all...
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Kallik had no doubt Aquene would be welcomed back. From what he could tell, the imperator held nothing against her for leaving to search for her husband. Of course, Kallik rarely knew what went on in Germanicus' head, but he didn't think he would hesitate to speak his mind.

Kallik stood at his wife's side, every bit the guardian that he was. He brusedh his nose through the fur of her neck both to comfort any worry she might have and because he had gone so long without being able to give her affection. 

He looked to the canyon then, his mask back in place as he waited for the imperator.
Inuttuk
Common
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus was pleased to see them reunited, and so quickly after kallik had returned.

the man had changed. he had been aloof before but the other seemed carved from a mountain now.

"welcome back, lady aquene," he said as he came to join the pair. his yellowpaint eyes beckoned. so long as they found mereo to be home, so it would be.
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She remained close to him, ensuring that her fur was somehow in contact with his at all times as they moved to the border, the faintest hint of a smile on her features (for the first time in quite some time as Germanicus might know) lingering on her features. “I caught his scent and doubled back… he still beat me back it seems… I thank you for understanding my need to take this leave.” She hadn’t been herself and without being herself she had not been effective at her job, but she was already beginning to feel as though who she was was returning to her.

All that was left was to talk to her sons, to encourage them to return home with her and Kallik… but there would be time for that as well…

“What has happened in my absence?” She asked, curious knowing that in the month that she had been gone, there was likely to be at least some happenings… an update would not hurt her, would not hurt them both for that matter.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He kept close to Aquene too like any moment she would be ripped away from him. Or he would wake up from a dream and find himself back in that awful place. There were many new demons to be dealt with, but he would put that off as long as he was able. Avoiding those feelings was just easier. 

The imperator easily welcomed Aquene back, and she explained how she had found Kallik. She asked about things in the canyon while she was gone, and Kallik was eager to hear Germanicus' answer. 

For now, he remained silent, allowing his wife to ask what she needed.
Inuttuk
Common
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"pharaoh sent his heir the prince makono to us, to train. towhee and maxim settled with their children in epoch. we have new scouts and new auxillaries."

in the manner of a man folding his hands behind his back, germanicus added: "and i have remarried, to the lady fennec."
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
It was short, descript… everything she had come to expect from the Imperator… and a remarriage? It reminded her in the very differences between herself and Germanicus, something they had argued about once upon a time.

She would close her eyes for a moment, breathing in and out as her maw turned lightly towards Kallik’s scruff before she asked, the emotion thick in her voice. “And our children?” She wondered if perhaps Nanuq or Siku had returned… or if Germanicus had any news of their new lives…

It pained her that this was the situation, that they were not a whole family… and in that moment, it felt much like all of her fears had come true: she was a horrible mother, just as she had thought she would always be.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
and here was the pain of it.

"siku returned not long ago, seeking you. i explained what had happened and encouraged him to visit nanuq in epoch. i have seen neither of them since, but i believe they thrive where they have chosen to be."

or so he hoped.

his yellow eyes were filled with something like sympathy as he glanced between them.