Hoshor Plains saumik ⋭
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tag for ref!
Reverie considered this for a long moment; to be pregnant and away from the home she and her husband had made for themselves, for their future. She trusted Kukutux — and the woman was right, of course she was right, pregnancy and childbirth were matters of women. No man could hope to truly understand. He might be sympathetic, he might be supportive, but how could he ever understand? To give all of yourself to the creation of life, to feel it like a disease written into your bones, to call it a blessing anyway because the love is equal to the suffering.

It was the most vulnerable time in a woman's life, she felt. In Moonglow there would be others, there would be Kukutux with her gentle wisdom and her healing knowledge. But it would not be home. And Boone — he would be alone among the willows for those long weeks, alone and wondering each day if the promise of his future had been lost to him somewhere far across the mountains. But maybe this was her best chance — their best chance.

Reverie was uncertain.

She did not want to ask Kukutux to travel, but neither did she think that she wanted to be away from her newly-formed home for so long. It's kind of you to offer, but I - I don't know if I want to be away from home, She confessed after a small silence. The first time - I was in a new place, and my ex-husband - he left me there. And Boone, he - he wants to be there for me. But we can't both be gone from Hearthwood for so long.

I hate to ask you to travel, but - I would appreciate it. Hearthwood does have an aspiring healer, @Reina. I'm sure she would be happy to learn from you. I would be happy to learn from you, if I didn't have so many responsibilities back home, Reverie let out a soft breath, wondering for a moment if Kukutux might have become something like a mother to her in another life, as Gunnar had become her father.

Perhaps, Reverie thought, Kukutux could be grandmother to her children nonetheless. If she wanted such a title. If she could help give them life, and preserve Reverie's own — did that not make her as essential and beloved as any grandparent? Reverie hardly knew her, and already she held the seed of admiration and affection for the woman in her heart.
Messages In This Thread
saumik ⋭ - by Kukutux - December 25, 2023, 05:40 PM
RE: saumik ⋭ - by Reverie - December 25, 2023, 05:46 PM
RE: saumik ⋭ - by Kukutux - December 25, 2023, 05:54 PM
RE: saumik ⋭ - by Reverie - December 25, 2023, 06:19 PM
RE: saumik ⋭ - by Kukutux - December 26, 2023, 11:53 AM
RE: saumik ⋭ - by Reverie - December 26, 2023, 01:35 PM
RE: saumik ⋭ - by Kukutux - December 26, 2023, 09:28 PM
RE: saumik ⋭ - by Reverie - December 26, 2023, 11:02 PM
RE: saumik ⋭ - by Kukutux - December 27, 2023, 01:39 PM
RE: saumik ⋭ - by Reverie - December 27, 2023, 02:36 PM
RE: saumik ⋭ - by Kukutux - January 07, 2024, 01:52 PM