Swiftcurrent Creek How did I lose it when I was right there?
Pledged
Party City
1,547 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Did he think he was being subtle? For a moment Reverie could only think, rudely, that she had seen better. Then she felt guilty; he was only trying to help, after all. What Kel didn't know was that she wasn't really crazy. What was truly wrong with her was something that couldn't be fixed, and Lestan —
It overwhelmed her to recall what he'd told her of his past, his curse — their curse? She thought so; it was the only thing that made sense, that she had always been a part of this, always connected to him. Those words, they had been about her, hadn't they? Except — the curse was because he was a Mayfair, he'd said, and that was one thing she knew she was not. Ophelia had been a Medeiros, and Reverie...
What if I'm the curse? She breathed, so shocked that she forgot entirely that Kel was there. She felt sick. It made sense; too much sense. Hadn't she brought nothing but trouble to him? Even Blossom; he hadn't wanted her, not really, and now rather than resting he was working and worrying over her. Over both of them!
I am the sun, and you will burn with me.
Reverie suddenly couldn't breathe. She stood, and remembered Kel. I'm sorry, I - Need a second. She couldn't finish, and gathered Blossom to flee to the mouth of the cave to breathe for a moment.
Messages In This Thread
How did I lose it when I was right there? - by Reverie - April 20, 2023, 12:46 AM
RE: How did I lose it when I was right there? - by Reverie - April 20, 2023, 03:34 AM